Ts19: Réseau Renaissance

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Dec 20, 2018.

1. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

... and this is how Jamie learns it's best to stay absolutely completely silent.
    They never fix issues, they often ask for feedback, but never follow up. Ab-so-lu-te-ly never. It must be a company policy. Observed a lot of CMs getting hired, spinning in awe, then getting silent, eventually replaced by a new CM.
    Expect things as-is.

2. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

It is frustrating waiting for an update, especially one you are eager to see.

As you can see in past messages Jamie has been keeping you up to date as and when he gets information.

Repeatedly asking "is there any news" or "are there any updates" will only result in disappointment, as currently we don't have any updates to share which is why nothing has been posted.

This is actively being worked on and when we have something to report regarding the update we will of course keep you informed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

We have been promised an update is in the works for over two years now. It's hardly surprising that we will continue to chase this update, as it has gone on for far too long.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

DTG Jamie is there any update you can provide other than the silence and static that we seem to be getting at this moment.

5. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

I have no new information at this time, I will continue to update you all as soon as I have news on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Thank you for your response

7. Nemo

Nemo Member

Hi..

What a shame seeing 3 pages of promises with no results. How hard is it for a company with several dozens of people to fix some basic problems on a non-pro train ? (it's even like it was an AP stuff...)

Just tell us truly if the update will never come, at least we'll stop waiting..

8. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I see the pattern continues.... I wonder how many more of these responses we are going to get? If I were a betting man, I would leave this altogether and come back in 5 years just to see if anything changed. This is the reason I did not purchase the new TGV in TSW2.

9. LucasLCC

You're not alone. I would have purchased it, but this topic has left a sour taste.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is one of the problems with buying content such as this -
    You have no idea if the product sold will meet your expectations - and the publicity
    And you only have a limited amount of time to get a refund from Steam if it is not up to standard.

I have generally waited for reviews on YouTube and other forums before committing to a purchase.

Peter

• Like Like x 3
  11. LucasLCC

Three weeks, no further news. How hard is it to re-align a pantograph? Apparently DTG can't manage it in two years of broken promises.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigMountain555

Yet they went ahead an re-released the route for TSW2. That is when I stopped buying new routes for TSW2. I have since gotten much enjoyment from other games.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And fix the bogies on the TGV Duplex Carmillion so the turn the right way

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

15. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

These fixes are two minute jobs if you have the source models - re-adjust your model/animation in Max, export, run through blueprint editor, publish.

Proper low bar that these issues are still not closed.

Okay, how about we build a mod which hides the model nodes of the offending items via LUA scripting (think this is probably possible but still to move onto this area of dev) and replaces them the correct bits and bobs. I mention this, as I've been mulling over sorting out the bogies on AP's class 86 pack - think I might be able to fix these in the same way.

Any thoughts guys, is this possible? Anybody want to fix this on DTG's behalf?

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Two years and counting

• Like Like x 2
  17. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I'm personally not massively bothered about this update, but what I find shocking is that DTG would release a pro-level DLC with clear basic issues like the pantograph, promise a fix multiple times, then shelve it without telling anyone, then tell us to keep our expectations to zero and then 2 years later, finally decide to get round to it, and still take months to complete it. Have you guys not heard of CUSTOMER SERVICE? DTG Protaganist, what you basically said was "expect us to release buggy content and never fix it, but please keep purchasing new content from us". I'm sorry, but no. NO.

Come on, pull your finger out and sort it out. This is not good enough! Your customers deserve better.

• Like Like x 6
  18. LucasLCC

We are now a quarter of the way through 2021, and still no sign of an update.

19. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

We know that they are aware, now it is up to them to do something about it, but considering that nothing is fixed, we can draw our conclusions. Sad, because each DLC is unique, we will not see another TGV anytime soon, or maybe never, and the only ones that have it, well, we already know.

20. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

the thing is ts2021 team is not as big as it was before so expect to wait longer

• Like Like x 1
  21. LucasLCC

It has been over two years...

22. BigMountain555

It's quite obvious to me that they will never fix this. For the next several years, we can be sure of one thing: Visit this thread to find empty promises posted every 6 months or so. Nothing is going to change. I used to be first in line to buy new releases and shop during sales. I have not bought a thing this calendar year. I have bought different types of games that I am too busy enjoying. I still love train sim, but no longer in a rush to purchase anything unless something really catches my eye.

But I am only one person. Whether I purchase more products or not makes no difference whatsoever.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Michael Newbury

I have pretty much to this point abandoned any hope this will be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  24. dimitrichevailler

dimitrichevailler New Member

It's been a long time waiting....

As I can clearly see, we will not have any futher updates, because, the "dev" team doesn't seems to be really interested in giving us, a nice and realistic train.

The TGV Réseau is way to expensive for what is it ; 20Euros... I don't know why the TGV Réseau has the TSPro Range..

As you can see on the next pictures, there's an Unofficial DLC called SimExpress BB26000 (French Train like the TGV), created by a single man "Treno Notte" which is more realistic and way more pleasurable to drive with[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So can you explain, why are we getting an unfinished mod which was created by a "dev" Team, which is not bothered by not giving us any updates ?

So let me recap

The BB26000, was created, by one single person, high quality mod, bunch of realistic features (like you have to start the train by yourself, every single buttons and switches are working). This train costs 20Euros.

And we have the DTG Réseau and Duplex : Created by a "dev" Team, which is a low quality DLC, unrealistic according to real TGV drivers and the French TS community. The LGV Med was released in 2016 and the TGV réseau in 2018... So should we thrust DTG dev team for an incoming update ? Do I have to think that the community is doing a way better job than The DTG "dev" team ?

My personnal answers are, I shouldn't thrust The DTG "dev" team for an upcoming update

The community is doing, for sure, a way better job than DTG "dev" team.

I'm sorry for this rant, but I think it is not acceptable to offer an Add-on like this.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  25. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG Jamie said on Nov 23 "We are planning an update for this and will have more news to share in the New Year."
    New Year has come and gone with no more information

26. dimitrichevailler

Which is very unfortunate

27. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

28. BigMountain555

We can tag them all we like, they will continue to ignore except for a couple of times each year when they make an empty promise or restate that they are looking into it. After they released TGV or whatever for TSW2, I skipped it and have not bought anything for either platform since. I have been enjoying other products since. I just like to check the forum once in awhile.

29. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Sadly if you want a fixed version of the TGV R and RD you’ll have to wait for someone else to do it or the TSW version it’s a shame to keep making false promises...

• Like Like x 1
  30. dimitrichevailler

It’s very unfortunate, money wasted...

I think I’m done with DTG, I’ll never buy a DTG DLC now...

• Like Like x 3
  31. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

I would really like to believe that they are going to fix it, but even the dlcs that they released recently, like class 323, the model is good, but they didn’t fix the sounds, and they’re aware, I didn’t buy the route because this. Maybe it’s time to move on, new games and hope for improvement in future.

• Like Like x 1
  32. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I want to buy add-ons for the collection that I bought.
    ...but £24.99 for a DLC - the same price as the base game - or even less if you shop around for a steam key that includes multiple DLC for the same price.

Please DTG, work with the public and make fair pricing OR fix your work!

• Like Like x 2
  33. dimitrichevailler

I'm worried about this. But Fortunatly, I'll continue playing on TS202X but only with Community Mods.

• Like Like x 1
  34. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

I love coming back to this thread. There is something so bad about DTG's handling of this it's almost good! It's like they want to create a case study to be used on MBA courses for the next 30 years.

• Like Like x 6
  35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I look in Steam > Library and click on Train Simulator 2021 on the right it says Manage my 309 DLC
    The last DLC I purchased thru Steam was last year with the TS2021 pack to get WCML-S cheap and one German Route.

Getting fed up of buying stuff that is broken and with promises to be fixed not happening is stopping me from buying more.
    Maybe when this gets fixed my faith might be restored

Hang on - there is a Pig flying past the window

• Like Like x 3
  36. LucasLCC

It really is a masterclass in how not to handle a problem.

DTG - Nearly a month since I've last asked for an update... Ignoring this thread now?

• Like Like x 1
  37. dunkrez

Further to my last post, it is indeed possible to use lua scripting to hide the offending object and replace it with a fixed version set as a child object...

Just saying :) if I find the time, I'll probably end up doing it myself.

38. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have a proper 11 Car Pendolino by copying the C Coach and hiding it's Pantograph
    Screenshot_390 - Test TraK_51.11600-6.22218_12-00-52.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  39. Nemo

Nemo Member

Hello !

It would be nice to at least, get an official and final statement about what's happening with this TGV. At least by respect for the people who bought this.

Since the release, nothing has been done. Only fake promises. Please DTG, do your job.

• Like Like x 3
  40. dunkrez

It's my intention to fix this at some point in the near future. The update patch will likely be published on Alan Thomson Sim, and will be free of charge.

I'll report back here when it's been released.

• Like Like x 5
  41. LucasLCC

I quite agree. Schrödinger's patch comes to mind. Does it exist? Nobody knows, because DTG certainly aren't keeping us in the loop...

42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

That would be as bad as what we have now.

The TGV has 4 Pantographs, Two for Each System, AC and DC, running with One raised on AC and Two raised on DC
    Having a Pantograph Fixed would be wrong - a bit like the Class 88

• Like Like x 1
  43. dunkrez

Thanks Peter, what's the correct arrangement that needs to be put in place? If you describe it, I'll create a solution.

44. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Take the Marseille - Avignon route. The trains leave Marseille on 1500vDC so need both Pantographs raised
    When they reach the High Speed LGV they swap to a Single Pantograph as the trains have a feeder cable along the roof.

In the game the trains need to operate with either a single pantograph at one end or one at each end

45. LucasLCC

It has been three months since DTG last bothered to reply to this thread. The communication is absolutely appalling.

Please can we have an update, as it's nearly half way through the year.

46. raptorengineer

i don't think there be fix at this point. i'm surprised there still working on it this long.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  47. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't think DTG are working on this any more and like a lot of other trains/routes which have problems it is just being ignored
    Probably because it is not TSW2

• Like Like x 6
  48. LucasLCC

I know that you're busy putting out the TSW fires, however a reply / update would be appreciated.

49. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The brutal reality of this thread is that the development team lies to the community team, who then are then left to look like liars themselves infront of the general public.

• Like Like x 1
  50. raptorengineer

i don't think there 3d model development team for ts20xxx anymore.