New Proposal: Us Passenger Train Consists:

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by jedi247, Mar 28, 2018.

1. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

We need new US passenger consists for TS2018 plus locomotives to pull them
    Train ideas:
    -ATSF Super Chief (with ATSF 4-8-4 Northern, F3 or F7 As & Bs, FP45s, ALCO PA-1 As & Bs, or E8 As & Bs)
    -ATSF El Capitan (with same locomotives as Super Chief consist)
    PRR Broadway Limited (with PRR GG1, T1 Duplex, K4 or K5 Pacific, F3 or F7 As & Bs, ALCO PA-1 As & Bs, or E8 As & Bs)
    -Milwaukee Road Olympian Hiawatha (with Atlantic, Hudson, FM Erie Built As & Bs, FP45s, EP2 Bi-Polar, F3, F7, F9 or FP7 As & Bs, or E9 As & Bs)
    NYC 20th Century Limited (with Dreyfuss Hudson, F- or E-unit As & Bs, or Niagara 4-8-4s)
    Frisco/MKT Texas Special (with F- or E-Unit As & Bs)
    NYC Empire State Express (with Hudson)
    SP Daylight (with F- or E-Unit As or Bs, GS-2/3/4 4-8-4s, or ALCO PA As & Bs)
    Norfolk & Western Powhatan Arrow or Pocahontas (with J-Class 4-8-4)
    Southern Railway Crescent (with PS-4 Pacific)
    CNJ Blue Comet (with G3s Pacific)

• Like Like x 5
  2. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

That looks promising. Something that occurs to me, though:

We don't have routes for most of these famous trains. I'm personally one of those types who prefers to have the route first before the famous trains. With what we have in Train Simulator we could do the Super Chief, El Capitan, and the Broadway Limited with route support. We don't have anywhere to run any of the other trains. We can't run any of the NYC trains on the Northeast Corridor because that's all former PRR trackage; We can't run the Hiawatha since we have no Milwaukee Road routes; We can't run the Daylight over Donner Pass because the Daylight never ran there and even though we have LA Union Station in the Surfliner route the Daylight ran North while the route as modeled in TS runs South, we have no N&W route to run the Powhatan Arrow, we have nowhere to run the Crescent and I'm certain we don't have anywhere to run the Blue Comet.

I would personally add a few others to your list, however:
    The Overland Limited (with heavyweight coaches; power could include a Cab Forward and a UP FEF-1 or -2 with scenarios over Sherman Hill and Donner Pass)
    City of San Francisco (could include SP Alco PAs in Daylight or Bloody Nose paint scheme and UP E-units for scenarios over Sherman Hill and Donner Pass)
    Any of the UP's Domeliners like City of Los Angeles, Challenger, City of Portland, City of St. Louis, etc. (comes with appropriate coaching stock to recreate any of these trains with E8s)
    Western Star (The GN's other streamliner which stopped at stations that the Empire Builder passed up; the two trains complimented each other; it would pretty much be the stock of the Empire Builder sans dome coaches and without Empire Builder written on the top of the coaches)
    A heavyweight version of The Broadway Limited (can come with a standard K4s and the streamlined versions of the K4s)
    D&RGW's Prospector

There are plenty of others, but we don't have the routes for 'em.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

DTM is making the Amtrak SDP40F and Ex El Capitan high level cars in Amtrak Phase I.

4. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

Aye, but that's Amtrak Phase I, not pure ATSF.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That’s what repaints are for.

6. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

That may be, but you can't really use repaints from places like RWA in Workshop scenarios without people complaining that they have to go download and manually install a repaint. Trust me: been there, done that.

7. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I like the UP and SP trains. We also need routes for some of these trains.

8. Joeman143

Joeman143 Member

There were many great American passenger service that people have forgotten with time. We need them here on TS, and we need them now!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Old proposal, but DTM has plans to make a Southern Pacific PA/PBs sometime in the future in both Daylight and Bloody Nose colors.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

And G-Trax already has an ATSF one in development.

11. benhhng

benhhng Member

The Viewliner baggage car and the Viewliner Diner car, so many people searching the Viewliner baggage car over the net.

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Regarding the comment about not having the routes for the trains; sadly, the U.S. rail network is 250,000 km (yes, the chart I used ranks by kilometers). Being the largest rail network in the world and having so little coverage per capita compared to the UK, where you can literally drive from Penzance all the way to Mallaig crossing from route to route (and soon, all the way to Kyle of Lochalsh when JT releases Inverness-Perth) means there is a lot of work still to be done in America. Though I think part of the problem is BNSF being restrictive in their license. Notice DTG itself hasn't made BNSF products in years, and anything sold on Steam from other developers has to be sold without the BNSF trademark to non-Americans. (Which usually results in eventual free and slightly different reskins somewhere for them, but we'll ignore that detail.) By the way, Canada is fifth on the list, still ahead of the UK, and only has three routes. All in the west. Russia has nothing, China has a few, and India also has nothing. There's the rest of the top five in some order.

America gets a lot more attention in Open Rails from what I've seen. Even Canada has a subdivision west of Toronto. I'd bribe for that in TS. Though I did previously propose the St. Clair Tunnel area with a London, Ontario dated to at least 2010, and even further to 1990 if you want to include the busy Front Street corridor in Sarnia with CN SW1200s. Not to mention the tunnel itself, which was twinned in 1995, removing virtually all use of Front Street. So yes, options exist if they were to be taken.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  13. benhhng

benhhng Member

TS recently have Arizona and Big Boy.

14. Cyclone

DTG made neither of those. Smokebox I believe did the Big Boy and Milepost did Arizona. Milepost did all Canadian routes. DTG has done zero.

15. benhhng

benhhng Member

But they are running on TS.

I think the US pack should have more realistic rolling stock, some fellas complain that the latest Northeast Corridor dlc using old cars, the cars should renew :

[​IMG]  [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, the Amfleet cab car may suitable to add in TS:

[​IMG]

16. Cyclone

That's not the point I'm trying to make. It's like me saying McDonald's doesn't sell the Whopper and you replying "But it's a hamburger".

17. Skankhunt42

Skankhunt42 New Member

You can run the 20th Century Limited from New York to Albany-Rensselaer now that the MN Hudson Line from NY-Croton Harmon has been extended to Albany-Rensselaer.

18. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

Cajon Pass can be used for the American Passenger Excursions. I don't see why not.