Do You Guys Expect Exciting Announcements At Railfest? (speculation)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jolojonasgames, Apr 9, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if we can hope for exciting announcements at railfest, such as which new routes are planned to come (I'm really hoping for a Dutch one like Enschede - Amersfoort CS or the German Köln - Wuppertal with an ICE 2). Maybe they'll even tease some of the features of this year's core update :).

Of course Railfest is aimed at all railfans, and the info given there will probably be mainly aimed at drawing new players in, which will probably mean they won't get too technical.

Maybe the fact that railway companies like Amtrak and ÖBB are present would give them a chance to announce routes from these operators, though that would probably be mostly a coincidence.

Anyways, let me know what you're thinking or hoping will be announced :).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm hoping there might be an announcement of something. After all it's aimed at railfans to try and get them into the game, so I'd imagine they would announce something big to attract the people to the game.

• Like Like x 3
  3. jolojonasgames

Yeah I believe Sam kind of implied that that was why there still weren't any new routes in this week's roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yeah he kinda did

5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yeah Sam hinted that there things that were left off the last roadmap, so hoping to hear some teasers of what is to come.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, on the Sunday schedule for railfan fest, there is a 30 minute section at 21:30 BST (16:30 EST) called Train Sim World 2 - New Journeys so maybe that's where we will see any new routes planned for the next development cycle.

• Like Like x 4
  7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe some exciting announcements will be made during the festival. I can sense another partership with Amtrack and maybe an obb Austrian route

• Like Like x 1
  8. lukas#1835

lukas#1835 Active Member

I hope S-Bahn Berlin comes to TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  9. jolojonasgames

Your profile picture would make me expect that ;).

I'd like the Berlin S-bahn too, but Enschede-Amersfoort CS in the Netherlands will always be at the top of my wishlist :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why would anyone expect anything given the history of announcements in this game?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Well , there’s a first time for everything

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I didn’t expect any announcements of new things today. What I also didn’t expect is all the idiots in the Youtube chat. The good thing is the spammy children all had to go to bed early and then it became a very civilised affair. I just don’t understand why some act the way they do on live streams. I’ve taken a break from watching now because the video with audio issues was sending me up the wall. I’ll tune in again tomorrow but I’m not expecting there to be a huge list of new routes being revealed, probably one or two might be mentioned if we are lucky.

• Like Like x 3
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'd recommend watching on Twitch maybe even block ReStream bot, the chat on almost every YT stream, from Formula 1, to rocket launches to video games is usually pretty cringe worthy.

Anyway... I only watched a bit at the end, and I found the route building segment to be really interesting, it goes in-depth (-ish) on the route building process, what they value as important and what they aim for when making a route, which I think explains how they managed to capture the "feel" of the majority of routes and trains, but I didn't notice any hints or teasers, just some LGV/SKA/HMA/Pen.Cor/WSR footage as background and no talks about future DLCs...

• Like Like x 2
  14. jolojonasgames

There was some Hamburg-Lübeck dev footage shown in the background, but nothing noteworthy. The way they described the route building process gives me the idea that I could help if they ever make a Dutch route, especially one near me, by making pictures of what they need to know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Is it on catch up?

16. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

It was said in the stream chat that it will be available to watch afterwards, though I'm not sure whether it has been put up yet.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Yes, it is available on the DTG Twitch channel for playback.

I would urge people to look at the last few minutes starting at 08:04:30 where clear intentions are spelt out as to what to expect today.

As a side note - if you watch in realtime on Twitch or YouTube feel free to block restream bot - it is there for the benefit of the streamers and moderators to see all the chat in one place (when it works). You won't miss out on anything by blocking restream bot unless watching the moderators play whack-a-mole with the spammers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

For those of you who would rather rewatch on YouTube, here’s the link:

It’s unlisted for some reason, luckily I still had the tab open from last night :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. jolojonasgames

Also, they confirmed in chat that there would be information given in the 'new jouneys' segment:

[​IMG]

For those that still don't know, this section will be broadcasted at 21.30 BST (thats 22.30 for those living in mainland Europe like me). Streams can be watched on Twitch and Youtube (and maybe even facebook live?).

I'm really hoping that it will be some cool announcemtns for routes (Dutch ones :)), or maybe even plans for this year's core update.

• Like Like x 2
  20. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

Sounds to me more like you are presenting the things that are on the roadmap, but that would be pointless.

21. Easilyconfused

I think you are inferring too much into that comment. The information I have is NO new routes are being announced today but some screenshots of what is already in progress will be shown.

22. marceldiehr02

then why is it called new routes?

23. jolojonasgames

I think you're probably right, but I still don't understand why Sam hinted at there being announcements made this weekend. A lot of information is chaotic, speculative and contradictory, and that's only the info that DTG have given themselves.

All in all I might feel a slight bit of dissapointment at the fact that in january Sam said that in 2-3 roadmaps time we'd know which set of routes will be developed over 2021, and yet we so far have only gotten one. I can understand that the decision making process is taking longer, especially due to covid making travelling to locations harder, but I was really given hope that more routes would have been announced by now. I'm still really hoping to hear what routes we can expect soon, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Of course we can't fully blame them for that, when Sam says "check again in 2-4 weeks", I think he genuinely believes there will be something to announce then.

That will probably be the closest I'll ever get to making a rant on these forums :). I'm just a little dissapointed, because I hoped to be promised a brand new shiny thing that I'd like, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jolojonasgames

Maybe that's DTG strategy, keeping all options open and allowing speculation to drive up the number of people watching. Could really mean anything. We might just see a few pictures of Hamburg-Lübeck, as that is 'upcoming content'.

I also put speculation in the thread title, so no one thinks this is in any way solid information or promising something.

25. marceldiehr02

well mkch it is getting upset. i just want to finally know what the new routes are!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Coastway trainspotter

I reckon a British mainline route and a German route

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

Why is it pointless? The "railfanfest event" isn't just aimed at train simulator people, in fact it's probably aimed LESS at us than anyone else, ie more aimed at rail fans who may not even know that there is such a thing as a train simulator on PC or console.

It's not called "new routes", the TSW section on Sunday is entitled "New Journeys", which can mean almost anything (see 21:30 / 16:30 below)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  28. Coastway trainspotter

One word isn’t that big a deal tbf

29. ARuscoe

Except it changes the whole nature of the description. One word makes a lot of difference

30. Coastway trainspotter

Well a journey could mean the journey towards a new route , so in this context ‘journey’ and ‘route’ could have the exact same meaning

• Like Like x 1
  31. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

can you link this time

32. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Could is the keyword though, it could mean that, but it's not certain, that's his point. I would agree with some of the others that they could be showing work-in-progress pics and vids for stuff that's already announced for example, that would also make sense.

33. Coastway trainspotter

At no point did I say it was certain

34. jolojonasgames

He meant 06.04.30 I think. They talk about it there.

35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are a few DLC routes and locos that have already been announced that we haven’t seen yet. I foresee that we will at the very least get to see some of those so it will be worth tuning in. Those are all new content, which is what the segment of the stream is about. We also know that DTG like to tease us occasionally, so anything could happen. Expect nothing and be happy with what we do get to see. There have already been some very interesting topics covered on the Railfan Fest so far, so there will surely be plenty of things of interest to see in the rest of the stream today, and if that doesn’t include any new announcements of TSW DLC unknown to us, then it will still be a good evening’s entertainment.

I know everyone is itching to be the first to know but it really doesn’t matter when we find out about what’s coming up, or if you are there when the news drops, as it will still be months before you can actually get your hands on it. It doesn’t stop me from trying to see every roadmap within one nanosecond of it being posted up on the website though, we are all the same :D

• Like Like x 3
  36. jolojonasgames

It is just a really stupid thing to want to know it as soon as possible, I know and hate myself for it :)

• Like Like x 1
  37. Easilyconfused

Well they are getting ready to go live and Natalie has already stated

4:48 PMWe Are RailfansNo new route announcements but there's still loads to look forward to tonight

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

i remember someone saying in one of the streams that after railfan fest that the roadmap would be outdated/irrelevant

• Like Like x 1
  39. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Important Features from Railfest Stream

DB 101
    Hamburg-Lubeck route
    Cane creek route

Screenshots are in the stream

Announcement of Rush Hour
    Tuesday 4th May will reveal new routes (3pm UTC)

Spirit of Steam

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Thanks, keep up posted if anything else comes up. I can't watch the streaming today but I am really interested in any announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Don't want to rant, the 101 looks fantastic, both the exterior model and the cab is gorgeous, shame for the limited timetable and lack of cab car.

The BR112 and the MRCE Taurus seem very pretty as well, but it would seems like Ham-Lub comes with the MSB low entry DoStos :(

Cane Creek is so beautiful it looks like another game entirely.

42. AtherianKing

cane creek certainly is looking brilliant in terms of scenery especially when it deals with open land area

I hope the dostos is new and not the same one from MSB ( I do like that one but something new is always appreciated )

43. jolojonasgames

Looks like the Dostos will be the same though. Even though all the screenshots looked good, and the 'rush hour' update could be interesting, it left me a bit dissapointed all in all.

• Like Like x 2
  44. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's still a WiP but the model looks the same

• Like Like x 1
  45. AtherianKing

I suppose I was kinda expecting a different dostos like how they have done the 112 instead of 143 (I think it is)

in one of the Hamburg lubeck screenshots where it shows the front of the DB BR 182 there is a dostos in the background and it’s control car does actually look different at the front to the ones from MSB ( I could be wrong on this )

• Like Like x 1
  46. Blu

Blu Active Member

I must admit it was disappointing. But I like the sound of Rush Hour. :)

• Like Like x 1
  47. AtherianKing

rush hour certainly does sound interesting and finding out what routes it involves is something to look forward to

• Like Like x 1
  48. Blu

Blu Active Member

I thought that about NJT and OBB. I knew from previous streams that Amtrak was out. Also I'm Not sure who was doing the Amtrak 50th interview on behalf of Dovetail, but they didn't seem interested in what the guy from Amtrak was saying and I felt quite embarrassed, even though i had no control over it.

• Like Like x 1
  49. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I was hoping for an Amtrak announcement