Tsw 2 Rush Hour And New Routes Announcement.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeanmarc094, Apr 11, 2021.

1. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

For those who missed: TSW 2: Rush Hour reveal and new routes announcement on may 4th.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hope this means a complete remake of the passenger system because you can’t have a Rush Hour with the current level of passengers at stations

• Like Like x 18
  3. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Just replied to this on a Facebook group... Have yet to see any actual evidence. Tbh, everything about it seems off.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I’m concerned that such an announcement was confined to such a narrow audience and made in such a low-key way. It’s going to make speculation go overboard.

DTG’s method for making announcements seems really odd at times.
    I’m assuming that hidden on the dtg live site there might be an article or something, but looks like I’ll have to go and dig for it.
    why can’t we have more appropriate use of the announcements forum?

• Like Like x 7
  5. Stephen Crofts

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

They did post about it all on there social media just think they haven't obviously put it on the forums

7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

its just like in real life with Corona on a Saturday Midday at Frankfurt Main Hbf :D
    Dosto third Generation Cabcar 611C4772-A2EB-4E51-930B-AD2F8C72391F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

ts2.passenger.DensityScale=<integer> in your engine.ini file. 1 is default. 4 is pretty packed. 10 is like a scene from The Walking Dead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Unless dtg have up the passenger ai iq to at least 5 then all we will have are train tracks and tunnels full of passengers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TinTin_57

When I was watching on Twitch there were 188 viewers. I also thought it was a strange way to announce this stuff when the weekly streams DTG put on get more viewers. I have an inkling from the last Roadmap stream that Sam also possibly thought the same but it was taken out of his hands.

• Like Like x 2
  11. voy_tech

voy_tech Member

I am wondering how would the increase look like. I have now like five to ten passengers waiting to board at bakerloo DURING imaginary rush hour (going to work/from work times), will it increase to at least double? For how much, twenty euros?

As much as I am willing to pay for quality content (and doing so), I think this "passenger overhaul" so to speak should be treated as a game update, not a paid DLC. But I think we all know it is gonna be the latter... Let's hope for a pleasant surprise. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Hmm Rush Hour.. interesting.

"As Rush Hour approaches, platforms fill with a bustle of passengers." - That to me, means an overhaul of the passenger AI and an increase of passenger AI at Rush Hour both in a morning and evening. Hopefully that'll be both on the platform and in the trains we're driving as well as AI trains we see en route.

"The volume of traffic on the network increases to take on the extra load. You're constantly being checked by signals as you drive between stations, desperately fighting to keep to time and avoid delays." - Does this mean we'll see actual Rush Hour timetables both in a morning and evening? I like the sound of more yellow and red signals, to me that makes driving fun. My main concern is we'll get a performance hit due to the extra AI trains and AI passenger but I hope I'm wrong.

Will Rush Hour come with a featured route specifically made to fit the Rush Hour theme? Off the top of my head Clapham Junction Station would fit this to a tee. Sited on the South Western & Brighton Main Line with numerous lines and branches passing through, you'll see 100-180 tph passing through. Clapham Junction Station is the busiest station for interchanges in the UK.

I look forward to the 4th May where we'll get more information.

13. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I agree the Rush Hour thing certainly sounds interesting. Crowded platforms during rush hours and more traffic will definitely make the game more realistic. I'm wondering how they will implement the extra traffic. Will more services be added to existing timetables? I hope so. I hope they won't create an alternate timetable for Rush Hour.

I guess we'll get more answers on Star Wars Day (May 4th :) ). Looking forward to this....
    ....although, if I'm totally honest, I would have liked it better if they made the missing layers on HMA available

• Like Like x 1
  14. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

i wonder if cathcart circle will be one of the routes involved with rush hour,as you have football and concerts at hampden park.just speculating but at one point cathcart circle and cane creek were meant to be head to head for release but no info on cathcart circle last night..as i say just speculating

• Like Like x 1
  15. OnlyMe1909

Aha, so this Rush Hour thing will only be for new routes that come with it... LOL, I thought this was going to be something DTG was gonna add to ALL existing routes... should've known better :)

16. Stephen Crofts

I would have thought it would. It’s not much of a core update if it doesn’t influence other routes

17. Eric261992

Eric261992 Member

Probably will update them over time

18. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they announce the announcement as opposed to just saying what it is.

Reading these threads, it seems that people have expectations for actual rush hour things (such as peak timetable improvements, more passengers etc) when it's likely that this is purely a route bundle like TSW2020.

I'm sure when they announce what is actually included there will be some disappointment when reality and marketing speak don't match up.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

If, as in previous major updates we will be getting 3 new routes, then I assume it will look something like: Cathcart Circle, new American passenger route(this has been hinted at several times on the streams I believe) and another new other passenger route - would we really expect this to be another German S-Bahn? I doubt it, maybe there is a new country coming..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. OnlyMe1909

DTG should have explained things more clearly. There is a lot of confusion right now. I hope they shed a bit more light on this Rush Hour thing before May 4th. 2 and a half weeks is a long time to go without clarity. If they're not gonna give us more info before May 4th, the chat in the live streams will not be pretty the next few weeks

• Like Like x 3
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You have to think that they would like May 4th to be full of fanfare and drama. So to whet appetites and build anticipation, they're not going to spill the beans before that day.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jasonbushell83

jasonbushell83 New Member

I think it will be a full expansion with new routes, and new scenarios for the base game. They've already announced that it will have new routes.

They've said on stream that additional scenarios for existing routes is a thing that they are working on. They've also said there will big core updates to the main game for free.

So on that basis, I think the passenger improvements will be a core update, and the expansion will include new routes and scenarios.

23. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I'm mainly interested in how the PS4 will handle it. I doubt I'll get a PS5 this year.

• Like Like x 2
  24. lukas#1835

lukas#1835 Active Member

I wish S Bahn Berlin to the Rush Hour

25. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I don't know, for them to release a project like this and not include a route such as Bakerloo would be bonkers... wouldn't it?

26. LucasLCC

No different than announcing the theme of TSW 2 being High Speed, and then proceeding to release CSX and Bakerloo as part of the bundle...

• Like Like x 2
  27. solicitr

"Theme" doesn't imply "and nothing but" The routes for TSW2s first year include SKA, LGV, HMA and SEHS: four bullet trains where previously TSW had none. If DTG's offerings for the second year feature nothing but commuter rail, well, they won't get much of my money.

• Like Like x 2
  28. LucasLCC

I never said it did or didn't imply anything, however wanted to clear up the misconception that this means purely "rush hour" commuter routes, which is highly unlikely based on previous experience.

29. solicitr

Fair enough.

30. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

171722954_2888212244784167_9183557043540567472_n.jpg

Anybody seeing anything in the Rush Hour logo itself? It's very reminiscent of nameplates of the BR blue era.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Do you have any examples?

32. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to hear more info about Rush Hour on May 4th. It got me thinking that it could be just squeezing more trains during peak hours on the current timetable that includes passenger routes but I could be totally wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  33. solicitr

The announcement was rather unclear; it certainly is hard to parse on its own. But putting it together with DTGs past practice, I think it really will have two components:

A) The traditional (free) summer core-program upgrade. Think of it as TSW 2.1 This might include, say, bumping up to UE 4.26, or improved passenger AI and models, or a more robust dispatcher capable of handling increased train density. This update would be in support of

B) Train Sim World: Rush Hour- a complete game package which can be bought by new players, but which would also be attractive to existing players because it will include a bundle of 3 or 4 routes, probably all related to commuter rail.

• Like Like x 4
  34. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Agreed , I think it would’ve been better if dtg did what they did last year and just put up the announcement in the game , so people then know where to go to get more information

35. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’d imagine it would be

1 Freight only
    1 Freight and passenger
    2 Passenger only

• Like Like x 1
  36. TinTin_57

DTG Natster Will the Rush Hour announcement on May 4th be a trailer type reveal only or will it be a live stream? Just checking in case I need to block it out in my work diary .... cough, cough ;-)

37. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The stream on Tuesday will be our usual Roadmap stream. It's likely that it will touch on the topic briefly but it won't be the focus.

• Like Like x 1
  38. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Collect your tickets early and beat the queues in Train sim world 2 Rush hour. Departing Tuesday 4th May 3PM UTC.

39. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Look like you didn't have to wait until tuesday after all.