Train Sim World 2 - Db Br 101 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 12, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Ah, the case of whether DB BR 101 will be usable in timetable mode on other German Routes in TSW. While I don't think there will be at release, I do hope that this can be added to other routes later down the line as this has massive potential to be used on many of the German routes currently in TSW. In fact, over the past few weeks, I've been going through all the German routes and seeing which of them this loco can be added to in service mode and I'm now going to list them down below. But first lets go through the routes that I don't think this can be added to.

Rapid Transit

Now IC services have been diverted down this line in the past, but the main problem with adding them to this route is that if you want to add 101 services to this route, you would have to do up the entirety of Leipzig HBF as you can't access the main station as it hasn't been done up fully (This is pretty much the case for adding any other passenger service such as ICE, RB & RE to this route).

Ruhr-Sieg Nord

There was a BR 101 that came as part of the original route that came on TS Classic many years ago, but I don't think it runs on this line anymore, and I don't think it even ran on this line to begin with (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Main-Spessart Bahn

Now it does run on this line, but there one problem. It doesn't stop anywhere along the route other than Aschaffenburg so the only way you could add this loco to this route is if the route was extended to Wurzburg which I don't think is going to happen any time soon.

With that out of the way, onto the routes that I think have to potential to add this loco to service mode in the future.

Rhein-Ruhr Osten

Out of all the German routes in this game, I think this would be one of the most likely to get additional 101 services if they happen. This one would be pretty straightforward, there are two IC services that run on this route, IC's 31 & 55, they run once every two hours and would be a simple as in one end, out the other side, running non-stop all the way.

Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen

Now when this addon was in the 'in planning' stage, early roadmaps put this as the route this add-on was for, until it entered production in November when it was changed to the route it is now for, Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr (and it was later admitted it was never meant for this route to begin with).

However, this doesn't mean you can still add 101 services to this route. Even if it is just one or two services, it would still be worth adding services involving this loco to bring some more diversity in terms of locos available to drive in service mode on this route. Even if that doesn't happen, I've though of a really great way to utilise this add-on on this route, and it involves utilising another add-on that people really want to see have services on other routes, the DB BR 363.

What you could have is IC coaches stored in the yard at Köln and you could get the 363 doing shunting services around the yard, preparing IC coaches to be taken out by BR 101's. This way, it would add more diversity of services to the timetable and Köln yard would look far more active and alive than it currently is now, which is empty and...

...dead.

Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck

The upcoming Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck does have IC services operated by 101's in real-life, even if it is 2 trains a day in each direction. This, like with Köln-Aachen, would still be worth adding to give this route more loco diversity as well as giving this route an express loco. There's a chance this could actually happen as it seems like now we are getting this first which opens door for this to maybe find it's way into this route. But again, lets wait and see for the first gameplay footage to see whether this is the case or not.

Hauptstrecke München – Augsburg

Now the big one, the route that I think everyone wants this loco in service mode the most as plenty of these do run along this line. But apparently we can't have this run on this route because we have no cab-car, so unless you top-n-tail two of them, there is no way this route will ever be getting this loco in service mode right??? Right????RIGHT???

Well, that may be the case at first, but allow me to say something I know half of this forum is going to be really angry at me for....

*Takes deep breath*

There is a way you can add services involving this add-on to this route even if you don't have the cab-car, and I don't just mean by just simply top-n-tailing two of them.

How may you ask? Well, I was thinking for adding 101 services to this route of doing something similar to what was done for the loco-hauled services in the recent Diesel Legends of the Great Western pack. In which, you start with one train at Augsburg that runs down to Munich, either non-stop or makes a stop at München-Pasing along the way. Then you could have several 101 stored in one of the yards around München (specifically, Bahnbetriebswerk München Hbf for what I was thinking) and when it's nearly time for an IC/EC service to depart, one would run out of yard, couple up to the back of the inbound IC service already at Munich Hbf, detach of the loco that took the train into Munich and then take the train out either back to Augsburg or head out round the corner at Donnersbergerbrücke and out of the map towards places such as Roseheim & Salzburg as some IC/EC services do in real-life. I mean, similarly to what I proposed with Köln-Aachen, you could get the 363 involved in this route too, preparing and bringing IC coaches into Munich ready for the 101's to take out.

Now this is probably not what happens in real-life and in a ideal world, if we did have a cab-car, that's probably what we would use on this route. But working with what we have now, this would be a ideal compromise for two specific reasons:

1. Having one 101 pulling a set of IC's on it's own on this route would look far better and more believable than having two 101's top-n-tailing each other

2. By having it this way, you would also get more use out of some of those yards around Munich and giving them more life with locos stored in the yard waiting to run into Munich Hbf and collect their trains.

Again, we are probably not getting this loco on any other routes in service mode unless you use Scenario Planner right at release, but again, I do hope that in the future, we can use this on other German routes, whether they be existing or routes that are coming way in the future as again, this has massive amounts of potential to be used on may routes in the German network, even if it doesn't come with the cab-car.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 44
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Correct :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Completely agree

• Like Like x 2
  4. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

really good post mate!
    And the most important thing I want to tell you: Post it as an own thread in the PC, PS4 and X-Box discussion, because then we have the best chance to get it done by DTG. Because I guess it’s more visible there than here ;D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

We need a General discussion forum section already... there are many things that are not limited to one platform and we could discuss them all together.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The elephant in the room is that this route can’t even handle all the layers it currently has so adding another one is completely out of the question at present, whether it runs there or not, cab car or not, or top and tailing and other workarounds. It just isn’t going to happen. Especially as there are probably other loco DLC waiting in the wings for it already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Don’t ask people to do that, it isn’t helpful. People who want to read all threads can easily look at all three subforums. Triple posting splits the conversation and makes a right mess of the forum. And it won’t increase the chances of anything happening, other than resulting in two locked threads.

• Like Like x 8
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Those screens just look spectacular, which makes the limited gameplay problem even worse...

I may still buy it on sale but I really hope you can add those 2 or 3 services/day on other routes (particularly SKA for LZB) or add it to the next possible german DLC...

• Like Like x 3
  9. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Well I hope you know you are not alone, and you always have a place here with us!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Swisstrains

Well, we had one... But it was removed because of... well, why?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Swisstrains

yeah, sry was a bit over motivated hahaha :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No Cabcar means no München or Frankfurt support for this IC train, because it’s a Kopfbahnhof.
    They need to bring it as separate dlc D89FC6CD-ADF2-49AB-BFC5-FC704201096A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Correct me I'm wrong, I believe with the 101 are coming the Avzm and Bvzm (which is an Eurofima coach), those are also used in Italy, here those coaches are known as UIC-Z and received a lot of liveries over the years

For more info take a look at this article (is in italian but you could translate it using google)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/scalaenne.wordpress.com/2016/03/26/uic-z-parte-1-le-eurofima-2/amp/

There you will see all the different liveries, the only missing one is the newest, only on a very few coaches yet. icgiorno_20_7082-fill-650x316.jpg
    All the rest are lacking the grey strip

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

UIC X was, pretty much, UIC adopting the DB m-Wagen as the standard. True veterans, they have served on nearly all classes of German trains except the ICEs.

15. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

FD1003 the BR 101 comes with the Bpmmz 284.4 and the Avmmz 106

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Good, so the two classes of the Eurofima coach which should be similar enough to the ones used in Italy :)

17. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am always happy to be here in the forums it is a great place to be.

• Like Like x 7
  18. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Eh! Another piece of DLC I won't be buying -- but I sure do appreciate the Clinchfield route!

19. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Another relatively modern German loco. Not very interesting for me. The coaches are a nice addition for more variety, but I will leave this one, even if it may be good. and wait for Cane Creek or maybe the Ludmilla ...

• Like Like x 2
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

If it is a conscious decision - you are one of the lucky ones. Most of us just don't have any money... :D

yyyym <3

• Like Like x 1
  21. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

The carriages are also used in the IC Amsterdam - Berlin v.v. And have a change over at Emmerich for a DB BR101.

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

So 4 services on Hamburg Lubeck. I don't really see the point of including them unless players really wanted it. This train seems to layer well with rro

23. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Imo, if it is easy to layer those on HBL we should have them, because they give that small variety from the dostos... it's like those 4 locos-only trains on RSN, they are different from the other trains :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

Then a argument could be made to add the 101 to ska even though they are rare if this happened

25. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure DTG is just announcing these dlc to kinda “recap of the recap” of the dlc showed off at railfest, making individual articles for each one with the screenshots we didn’t get in the New Journeys article. So this means the 101 is still a long way off, as well as the other dlc, I mean, it’s still in production, unless the next roadmap proves this wrong. So we might not see it for another month or two.

26. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Ludmilla most likely not before 2022 according to TSG

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

No no no, it isn't! Maik Goltz, who worked as 2nd Party on this loco, said on the german railsim forum, that he alone worked 10 weeks on this loco. 10 WEEKS. For one loco. Your comments are just ignorant. The developers put so much love into it and then there are these people who say 'This loco is just a box on wheels'. Wow. Just wow.

• Like Like x 11
  28. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I didn't know Maik Goltz had worked on 101, thanks for saying so.
    10 Weeks? My God, I don't need to know any more to buy it on the day of release!

• Like Like x 5
  29. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I will definitely buy this DLC. I am mainly interested in new passenger cars, which also run at Czech Railways. The locomotive will definitely be amazing, I just hope that its use will be on other DLCs. I look forward to the release date.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Don't say anything then - i still will buy this loco anyway =D
    Need supported that deutch dude)

• Like Like x 2
  31. Swisstrains

No one asked, but: I‘ll buy it too XD
    I think it’s an amazing loco and I am looking forward for an swiss EC (even though we have no route where it travels)
    It also looks very good!

• Like Like x 2
  32. matinakbary

33. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Mind you he also said on here that it takes ages to do anything in TSW2 so not sure how much work he actually got done in 10 weeks! It sounds from his post that he spent 10 weeks doing something that DTG budgeted to take 4 weeks LOL

• Like Like x 1
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I have not doubted the fact that a lot of work goes into the DLCs, that is for sure. I am also sure many people put more time into it than they get paid to deliver a better result. The problem is that these products are then often held back by absolutely weird little things, work on which could be done in a way shorter time. Ge 4/4 II is a stunning loco, rolling stock on Arosa is super detailed... and then it all went to hell because of wrong textures under trees, poorly done hills and the fact nobody went in to find out why the trains were jumping off the rails. Turned out the fix for that was rather easy, darker textures under trees would be easy as well. 101 is a stunning looking loco, thanks to Maik it will 100 % have amazing sound... and it's put on a short route with 160 top speed and no LZB. This could've easily been the first DLC to come and add to multiple routes immediately, the more you have the more value you get out of it. You can easily see a ton of work going into these DLCs, that is then held back by things, that probably account for a fraction of that work. Imagine how much the 101 DLC would be improved if it was given the 2 services it runs on the SKA (which we all have because we have bought TSW2) and maybe some on RRO... hell even 2 mere services on MSB would be amazing. It seems like the DLCs are nicely pushing boundaries in some aspects and totally give up in other.

• Like Like x 9
  35. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I wish that DTG introduced a new type of dlc for situations like this. The db br 101 + cab car and coaches as a part of a "train set" dlc for a higher price doesn't sound so bad. It would certainly remove some limitations for future loco dlcs.

• Like Like x 3
  36. mclitke

Something like an "IC upgrade pack. BR 101, control car, 2 wagons and bistro car and layers on 3 released routes that see these services in high frequency."
    I would be willing to pay a price for such a pack similar to the diesel legends pack, which I did not buy because to me it did not feel worth.
    An as above described upgrade pack might have potential...

• Like Like x 3
  37. solicitr

I wouldn't hold my breath for DTG adding layers for new locos on older routes- they have never done it yet.

38. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. If I have understood correctly in the roadmap stream, the Rapid Transit Update will have layers for DB BR 143 from Ruhr Sieg Nord. Maybe later also freight

• Like Like x 3
  39. mclitke

I know and thus I am not expecting much, but should we not agree that it would be a nice change of pace to break patterns like these instead of giving them a free pass?

• Like Like x 1
  40. solicitr

Nothing new about the 143

41. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

It is "newer" than Rapid Transit :D.
    What I wanted to say is don't give up hope.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  42. tallboy7648

To be fair the DB BR 101 does look boxey looking.

43. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, because of the 101, work on the TSG locomotives was interrupted, so it was pushed further back.I hope the work of TSG will then also be appreciated and mentioned by DTG.
    Maik wants to do things properly and that is a good thing. That's why we should give him the time he needs. Of course, he also has to keep an eye on how economical it is and that has probably become more difficult with TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  44. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The 101 looks too dirty in TSW 2, they should look more newer

• Like Like x 1
  45. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

Why is it incomplete?

46. tallboy7648

The db br 101 usually has a cab car in reality but in tsw2 it won't have one

47. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Mainly because of the missing cab car which is used in 9 out of 10 cases IRL, the missing restaurant is also a bit sad since it's also in use very often. Then the missed opportunity in adding the 101 to the DLC where it's actually running - of course this requires more work than usual for a loco DLC but it has been stated several times that many users- including me- would be willing to pay a higher prize for it as well.

It looks very nice, no doubts, it's just - german IC trains are not formed like that. It's not a proper representation which could have been easily possible with a bit more effort. This is sad as it basically excludes realistic IC services for the german DLC for the next years.

I hope following DTGs current release policy it gets included in a route DLC in the next year and maybe gets its cab car then... which doesn't help the other lines, especially the painfully empty HMA.

48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Sometimes there is no Cabcar in real Life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. matinakbary

Again this discussion? There are like 10 Threads about this in this forum. Yeah we nearly all agree, a cab car would have been fantastic, but it isn't there.

50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We’ve all seen the quality of his work, and he’s always said that the quality that he obtains takes time. It’s interesting to read his comment on the link you provided (I only translated that comment so didn’t even see the context in which it was written) that you shouldn’t always expect the quality he provides from DTG’s products because of their time constraints. Maik has put in the extra work for free because he wants his work to stand out, which it certainly does, and it is great for us that he chooses to do so. Not everyone is able or willing to do that.

I’ll be buying this DLC at some point. I like HRR as a route and I want the extra traffic for it. And if the train itself is as good as we think it’s going to be then it will be a great addition to anyone’s collection, even with its limited use in game.

• Like Like x 2