Train Sim World 2 - Db Br 101 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 12, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The loco may not excite me that much but the beautiful 2 type of new coaches look great,if i buy this dlc it will be them that sell it.Beside when i say this loco just doesn't speak to me,it's the loco not the creator i'm commenting on.I never said this was a bad looking loco all i said was it doesn't scream you have to buy this dlc for me alone(Doesn't matter if 1 person or 100 people created it),with other great options like the 182,185,143 it doesn't feel "different" enough to me to be interesting.I myself think you are just abit ignorant yourself to say such a thing to me,because can't accept the fact that some people have opinions different then yours on different subjects here.

Heres a example of another german loco that truly a box on wheel the db br 155 but this box has unique and interesting and fun design features that give it that wow factor,which really says to me it's worth buying(and they where right i love the 155),the 101 just another flatsided loco with nothing to grab your attention and pull you in.Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and unfortunately the db br 101 just doesn't speak for me like it does to you.(But if i buy this dlc it will come with a bonus loco,so either way the creator still succeed with his efforts).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I just returned from reading Maik Goltz‘s post. It does provide a fascinating view on what‘s going on behind the scenes.

But what really shocked me - he invested six weeks of his own time in the 101 on top of the four weeks of his time DTG paid for? If that is his work ethic, then no wonder all the stuff he‘s been involved with turned out fantastic. And before I start any wars with that statement, I don‘t say that to bash DTG or their products. Maik Goltz did very clearly point out why such a level of quality is not achievable by DTG on average. I just want to voice my admiration for what he‘s willing to do to deliver a top-notch product.

Whether the 101 adds layers to other routes or not - the knowledge of how much work Maik Goltz (and his team I presume) put into it makes me want to get the 101 already :)

• Like Like x 8
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It's like repairing old cars - you have to know-how (that's first) and you have to work for free (in a way). If the DTG would to pay subsidiaries for sufficiently high quality - the end price would have to be different. I asked such questions in the survey. 2/3 of customers (us) are ready to pay more; 1/3 expect higher quality for the same price. The publisher (DTG) would like to please us because it means higher income, but without the dedication and passion of people like Maik Goltz, it can be a very difficult task. Let me just add that I am very satisfied with the current quality of TSW models, but I can imagine something at the level of some flight simulators. There you pay for the plane as much as in TSW for 7 locomotives. No, it's not a matter of greed :) Such quality costs money (or 'free' time).

PS 101 is a must-have for me. Fabulous!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. SHINO BAZ

So who did the coaches which accompany the db br 101?If he and his team did the coaches then bravo for that level of extra effort.It's these coaches which make this dlc a must buy for me.

5. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

The coaches are made by DTG (even the locos 3d art for sure). I just put some sounds on them. I can't do all. It is lots of work for tiny little things that i wanted to have working because a 101 is not another boxy red German loco :) And don't put too much into what i say on other forums, especially on the German one ^^. It's right that i put about 10 weeks into that thing, but it wasn't requested from DTG. And also the 'under'-payment was something i had in mind by purpose. I wanted to learn more how to make things, how far i could go, what is not working and so on. The 101 is more a experiment how far i can go in the given time. The main effort was going into those things that already made the well known Expert-Line standing out from other TS stuff. So 2-3 weeks alone were gone into the traction and regulation systems of that loco. She drives buityful if you handle her with care :) Also put some well known sounds into it (mostly the same as known from the TS1 version). So it drives like a 101, sounds mostly like a 101 and does have some features a 101 needs like superslip capability (what is nice to have, costs lots of time, but in TSW is not really a needed feature as i would say). It's a big red experiment at least.

• Like Like x 34
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. SHINO BAZ

For your frist effort into a tsw world your on the right track i have no dought you just may have a winner on your hands,so don't let my 2 bit opinion have any effect of your work.But the one other thing that really makes this a loco hard to get excited about is it's just another main line electric loco and other then the 204/363 the geman routes really need a mainline diesel loco,so if put that on your future project list one of those,i buy it right away even it's just a solo train.Goodluck.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

check the Roadmap for 232

8. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Not really the first effort into it :) But the first try to do something different to all teh other red boxes in terms of how it drives. You may see that, if you buy it, when you put the throttle on the table.

Already on it, the BR232.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

And the 218 is coming

10. Amax

Amax Active Member

la physique de la db br 101 et bon si possible de noter la physique sur une échelle de 1/10 et pareil sur les sons encore merci

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

?

12. SHINO BAZ

just looked this loco up,it got the normal shape but with it's venting and windows and other stand out details on the side plus in the cab it's got a taste of the db br 155 with the iconic steering wheel throttle/brake nice.(so this looks great can't wait to see your version.)

Note:The db br 218 when did this diesel get announced for tsw2,wow another mainline german diesel,i can work with that.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I think Maik said he want make this Loco also at some time, if DTG not do it

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I asked without a trace of malice. I thought something was announced on the last streams and I missed it! Thanks for the info!

15. phips

phips Active Member

I think what would help the Cab Car Discussion would be another DLC called "Intercity" or so which comes with a cab car and restaurant. This could be sold seperately and maybe in a bundle with the 101 with a tiny discount. Compared to a virtualRailroads Expert Line Set this would make sense for the price

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

if there is the possibility for another DLC for intercity stock for DB they would also need to add the rest of the coaching stock, as it is not just Eurofima items that are used. see here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercity_(Deutsche_Bahn).
    the advantage of the Eurofima stock is that it does allow for re-work to represent other nations that use the type (e.g. Austria) but, again, there are variations that these countries use, so it is not just 2 body types.

• Like Like x 1
  17. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Good Point

18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Maik Goltz should work on a Cabcar and sell this as Add On for the 101 Intercity dlc from DTG.

19. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

\

He's DON'T should for us anything, it only hes decidion\

• Like Like x 3
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually, now that I think about it, that would make MSB a better fit for the no-cab-car 101. In that case, all player IC trains would start in Aschaffenburg and go as far as Gemunden (where one would in imagination go on to Wurzburg)- with no need for a turnaround and thus no cab-car issue arises.

If the timetable designers want to avoid creating a fictional station stop at Gemunden, they can instead place a "Go via" objective there, and passing it would trigger the service-end-and-points screen.

21. Aschaffenburg Dispatcher

Aschaffenburg Dispatcher New Member

IC on MSB yes, and RSN yes for years before (?)

22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

But what year is rsn in? I heard IC services don't run on the route anymore. The problem is that IC services on msb only stop at Aschaffenburg HBF from what I've seen so MSB would need some sort of extension to use an ic service. They don't stop at any of the other stations in msb

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

BR 155 neither :) **
    This is probably not the most important thing \o/

** questionable

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2021
  24. tallboy7648

Oh i didn't know that. They probably got away with that since the 155 is mostly used for freight

• Like Like x 1
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

232 could be a better example :) I wouldn't hang on to the 2021 timetables - that's what I mean \o/

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

Well if rsn isn't set in a period where the ic services don't run on it anymore, it would be unrealistc to add them to the timetable. There's scenario planner for that

• Like Like x 1
  27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But 232 is planned just for RSN :)
    PS if it still runs on the RSN - sorry for the confusion!

• Like Like x 1
  28. elaineedwards2013

Yeah, maybe Rhein Ruhr Osten.

29. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Around 2007. In December 2007, Abellio Rail took over the passenger services on RSN. And while we're talking about dates, the Br 155 ran with DB colours till December 2019. Numerous 155s are now operated by private companies, though. So, if we really want to be accurate about potential ICs on RSN, we'd need to check 2007 timetables.

Edit: added a word I forgot

• Like Like x 2
  30. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

31. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This comment made me think a lot about this addon, if you asked me about the BR101 about one week ago I would have told you I would have never bought it, this DLC is the embodiment of everything I hate about loco DLCs, extremely limited gameplay value and over reliance on the scenario designer.
    After the screenshots showed at railfest I thought I might buy if discounted but after reading this I might even buy it at day one, not only to promote this level of detail in loco add-ons but because I want to hope Adam's crew given enough time will find a way to fit this loco onto older routes, and hopefully this could be helpful to support the current work on old content - or that's what I'm telling to myself trying to justify a terrible purchase.

Knowing how much work got into making an imperfect product, you will be able to respect and enjoy that product more.

• Like Like x 2
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

CRR had a nice introduction, and it ended up with an average score inadequate to the quality (my opinion). Maik probably doesn't expect mercy from us. DTG even more so. We should focus on highlighting the advantages - the last information about the operating (soon) LZB in 182 is an effective promotion of the locomotive. 101 certainly has some peculiarities. For me, a mandatory purchase, but I am buying everything German...

• Like Like x 1
  33. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

There was never an IC-service on RSN, the last long distance trains on this route has been the InterRegio-route 22 Münster-Frankfurt/Main via Gießen driven by DB BR 112 with stops at Hagen, Werdohl and Finnentrop on the RSN-part, abandoned in 2002.

Finnentrop

• Like Like x 6
  34. elaineedwards2013

I am buying the DB BR 101 for Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr, when it is released. I hope we get the release date soon, but I am patient. It is a lovely locomotive and I thank DTG for putting a lot of work into this train.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  35. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I cannot see a cabcar addon being made for TSW2 sadly, it would be another dlc for dlc, and the market would be very small. The best bet is that it is added to a future DLC loco pack maybe with a DB120 or similar and once we have a consist editor people can add it onto the back of all the other IC trains they have.

• Like Like x 2
  36. tallboy7648

That throws rsn out of the window then

37. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Operable in and adds additional timetabled services to Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    Oof

39. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Which to be fair was all that they told us and what realistically should have expected. Still, I feel the oof :|

40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I wonder how many additional services we will get. Maybe HRR will overtake HMA (almost impossible).

• Like Like x 1
  41. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

According to a mod that actually unlocks the extra services early (Specifically this one: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...br-101-services-replaced-with-ice3-ska.38404/) it's around 30 services. So it would take the total number of services for this route over 400, but still nowhere near HMA.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. elaineedwards2013

43. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Why does the product page on Steam have more information than the product presentation on the website here? I don't really understand why you write articles here that say nothing at all. You want to sell the stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It has been announced when to expect the 101
    In April

• Like Like x 1
  45. elaineedwards2013

Well, it did say April 2021

46. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

There is still much unused potential on HRR. Imagine adding the ICE (BR 403) to this route. There would be so much traffic, you could stand on a platform at every time of the day and you would see a ton of services passing by!

• Like Like x 3
  47. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Any news regarding RailDriver support ?

48. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the 101...if all goes well i plan to buy it with the 313(when the 313 comes out that is)...I just want to wait to test them both out on the same day.

49. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

Just to answer this question:
    RSN is set later than 02/2017.

In February 2017 the Station "LETMATHE" was renamed in "Iserlohn Letmathe". In game the station has
    already the new name.

• Like Like x 1
  50. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I have the DEMO ;D

DB101.jpg
    DB101a.jpg

• Like Like x 1