Cane Creek: Predictions And Speculations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Blacknred81, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaa.png

So with Railfest and a little bit more info on Cane Creek, I feel like I can put up a prediction and speculation thread for the upcoming route.

1. The route wont feature any of the mainline
    Kind of a disappointing point, but with the text above stating the route will only run from Brendel to Potash, it pretty much means that the only part of the mainline that will be feature is where the Cane Creek Branchline splits from the mainline at Brendel (Cresent Junction).

2. The route will only feature a total of at least 2 services
    So one thing about Cane Creek, is that the Potash local only runs once a week, meaning at most it only makes 1 run a day on the line, outside of that, the Uranium Tailing trains run only 2 trains a week, but a recent article Ive read says in 2019 they doubled the shipment to 4 times a week. So at most there will be 2 services split into multiple parts along the line (IE the Potash Local 1st part runs from Brendel to Potash, Part 2 involves switching cars, Part 3 covers the run back.)
    https://www.energy.gov/em/articles/moab-umtra-project-doubles-weekly-train-shipments

3. The route will be one of the most scenic routes in TSW2

Based on the few preview screenshots we've seen, this is gonna be one of the more beautiful looking routes in the game, Skyhook has really knocked it out of the park with what we've seen so far.
    RailfanFest_2021_Watermarked_Screenshots_Cane_Creek_1920x1080--4-.jpg
    DTG_TSW_Cane_01.png
    DTG_TSW_Cane_03.png
    DTG_TSW_Cane_05.png

4. The SD40-2 will be only assigned to the Potach Local, while the AC4400CW will be primarily assigned to the Dirt Train.
    Based on what I can see based on the real life services, the SD40-2s will only be limited to the Potash Local, as the Tailing trains only run with the newer road power. Meanwhile the AC4400CW will be available for both services, as they can been seen on either service.

5. Both locomotives will come with 1 paints scheme.
    Based on other routes (Like Clinchfield) both locos will feature 1 paint scheme, the AC4400CW will most likely get the Building America Scheme, while the SD40-2 will most likely get the Lighting Bolt scheme, with the UP shield on the nose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Curious to see what Skyhook has in store as this route gets closer to release.

• Like Like x 8
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, it is a very big surprise, mainly visual. I hope they will smuggle in some gameplay curiosities to make it even more attractive in other aspects. I have added it to my wish list. You summed it up nicely!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Blacknred81

Would be cool if they allowed us to load the Tailing trains ourselves with the overhead cranes in Moab, even though I wouldn't know how the trucks would be programmed.
    025_IMG_972-1024x683.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yep. Staring at trains is enough for me, but each animated element of infrastructure is a big plus.
    It's good that they gave a break until May.
    PS Maybe new atmospheric phenomena - suitable for the desert climate. Dust in the wind.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Can Skyhook continue to take the next American route?
    Wild west

6. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Considering that this train is described as a "dirt train" in the article, I don't have high hopes on the accuracy of the service :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Except the water textures, all looks so stunning. And also I got a new PC to testing (so maybe I'll waiting for TSW 3 release) :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. bagotmatt

bagotmatt New Member

It's not incredibly uncommon for there to be "dirt trains" in the US. Being from the Peninsula Corridor area IRL, a lot of Union Pacific's ops along that line was classified as "dirt trains." More people more properly classified them as "dirty dirt trains."

• Like Like x 3
  9. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Really looking forward to this route! Shots look amazing.

10. Blacknred81

I mean calling it a dirt train isn't wrong. And probably more accurate than calling it a radioactive train. (Which some people might mistake for a nuclear cask)
    5cf944f306088.image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

can't be very radioactive with a backhoe operating so casually there. I'd err on the side of dirt rather than radioactive contaminated material

12. Blacknred81

I think it more of contaminated dirt than radioactive materials, left over from the Uranium Mine that used to be there. I read the wiki article on the pile to try and get a better understanding of what they are.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moab_uranium_mill_tailings_pile?wprov=sfla1

• Like Like x 1
  13. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

On a random note, I wonder if you can use the GP38-2 in UP livery from Peninsula Corridor if you own it, that would be a nice bit of variety for the Cane Creek route

• Like Like x 2