Poll: Does This Meme Fit The Tsw Forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LiquidShadows, Apr 11, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Sometimes

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. UmMm, AcKcHyUaLlY...

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

DpQ9YJl.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If you are so against these forums don’t use them

• Like Like x 3
  3. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

I think this thread was made more in jest then in seriousness.

And on a side note, I've honestly had one or two posts that could very easily be deemed as "@cKcHu@11y" posts, so I wouldn't say it's completely inaccurate, but it's also not completely accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LiquidShadows

I'm glad someone got it. Yeah, I'm just goofin' around. We've all been guilty of doing this from time to time (myself included), so it was just as much of a piss take on myself as it was everyone else. Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously, so this was made in the hope that we could all just take a step back and remember to laugh at ourselves occasionally.

5. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

This right here is a lesson an overwhelming number of people need to learn in today's world.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

There's an "anorak" ish element to all forums regardless of the topic. But that's not a bad thing, it just shows that there are people passionate about the subject of which the forum is built around, and invest a lot of their time into it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I only became like that because of Covid. Need to get back out and lose some of the weight I have put on.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

One person's joke is another person's trigger. It's all well and good saying "I am only joking", but it's usually how things are received rather than meant which counts

9. LiquidShadows

How they receive it is not my problem, though. Jokes are subjective; some people will find a certain joke funny while others won't. Clearly quite a few people got the joke just from the results of the poll. If someone takes issue with this, maybe they need to ask themselves why it bothers them so much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LiquidShadows

LOL! Yeah, me too.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Actually, legally it very much is... If it was an "at work issue" in the UK you would fall fall of equal opportunities legislation and could be fired. Obviously we're on a forum so that doesn't apply, but how things are received should be the FIRST thing you think of when making comments or jokes a another person's expense

12. LiquidShadows

See, that's the beauty of being a United States citizen; I don't have to censor what I say just because a few people may get offended. I hate to break it to people, but this world isn't always nice. People are going to see and hear things that they don't like -- that's just a part of life. Anyone who expects to not ever be offended is living in a fantasy world. I hear Brits all the time talk about our politics or our gun laws, but I don't expect them to curb or censor their speech just to align with my viewpoints. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it, whether I like it or not. Like the saying goes (and I'm paraphrasing here): "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    So instead of people getting "triggered" and running to the authorities just because they heard something that they didn't like or because their feelings got hurt, they need to grow some thicker skin and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

• Like Like x 1