Options For The Intercity Cab Car To Be Added

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Apr 12, 2021.

?
  1. Option 1: Adding the cab car as a separte DLC

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Option 2: Adding the cab car as a part of an "Interciy expansion"-pack

82 vote(s)
    61.7%
  3. Option 3: Adding it as part of a future DB BR 120 DLC

44 vote(s)
    33.1%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, a lot has been said about the BR 101 DLC for HRR not coming with an Intercity cab car. It is indeed a very common sight, and I do really wan't to see it in game. DTG has proven unwilling to add the cab car to the BR 101 DLC, as it would be too much modelling work. It's up to you if you accept that reasoning, but it won't change anything about the BR 101 DLC. Therefore I'd like to put forward 3 other options for getting the cab car into the game after all.

1. As a seperate DLC with only the cab car
    2. As part of an "DB Intercity expansion"-pack
    3. As part of an DB BR 120 DLC
    I'll go into more detail on these options below, but first I'll give some information about the cab car in question.

[​IMG]

The Intercity cab car (Intercity Steuerwagen in German), officially known as the "Bpmbdzf 297 ", is a cab car operated by DB Fernverkehr in their IC 1 trains. Nowadays these trains are all hauled by the BR 101, but the BR 120 that was recently taken out of service also operated with the cab cars. The cab cars were modified from the East-German UIC-Z-Wagen. The coaches allowed trains in major stations like Frankfurt and München to turn around without the time-intensive process of a loco-change.

Option 1: Adding the cab car as a separate DLC
    This one kind of speaks for itself. This option would allow players that have the BR 101 to buy the cab car as an additional add-on. The disadvantage is that many players won't be prepared to pay very much for it, and that it would be DLC on top of DLC on top of DLC.

Option 2: Adding the cab car as a part of an "Intercity expansion"-pack.
    The cab car could also be added as a part of a larger expansion pack. This pack would also include a Restaurant coach and could include things like BR 101 advertisement repaints, 2nd class compartiment coaches, more scenarios and additional services on other (older) routes. This would allow players to expand their IC-rolling stock a lot, and give them realistic variety. The advantage of this option compared to the previous one is that players would probably be willing to pay more (still not full loco DLC prices) for this kind of pack compared to just the cab car.

Option 3: Adding the cab car with a DB BR 120 DLC
    As mentioned in the information about the cab car, it could also be seen operating with the DB BR 120. This revolutionary locomotive got taken out of service last year. Most DLC is set a few years in the past however, so they could still get a BR 120 DLC. Because the 1st and 2nd class coaches will already be modelled from the BR 101 DLC, there would be resources and time freed up for the cab car. The cab car from this DLC would then also be usable on the BR 101 DLC. The advantage of this option is that it would solve the DLC on DLC on DLC problem that the other options have.

[​IMG]

Please let me know which option you prefer in the poll above, and do let DTG know below how much you would be willing to pay for which option.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 32
  2. jolojonasgames

Personally I'd be willing to pay no more than 6 euros for just the cab car, 12 euros for an extensive IC-expansion pack and of course the normal price for a DB BR 120 add-on.

• Like Like x 4
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I choose for option 2! Because it looks to me the mostly the money worth!

And maybe if we get Dutch routes can we also get a NS1700 loco or a NS Vectron.

• Like Like x 3
  4. jolojonasgames

Yeah, I feel the same. An IC expansion pack would give us some bang for our buck, becuase it introduces the things that feel like they're missing most from the current BR 101 DLC. I'd totally like to see the Dutch locos too, especially the 1700, but you've seen my suggestion and probably know that already ;).

• Like Like x 1
  5. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That's a great suggestion, I was planning to buy the Br101, it's sad that if the cap car only would come in an extra dlc, that I'd had to pay extra but I still want the Br101 with all the IC wagons needed, I wish that we could talk to DTG about this topic with answers about it, why they are doing this this way and why they couldn't do it the other way, but still if option 2 would be added than it would be an great reason to still maybe buy both dlcs

• Like Like x 2
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Option 3 makes more sense because if you purchased One downloadable content then the trains and the carriages associated with it can be playable in another downloadable content. Example is Main Spessart Bahn DB BR146.2 getting services on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. For the Intercity Cab Car then it can be paired to HRR DB BR101 & Also DB BR120 for the Saalebahn a proposed DLC of Yours or Schnellfahrstrecke Mannheim-Stuttgart to which the DB BR120 was ordered for. Most recent upload of a DB BR120 with Intercity cab car that I can find was 2019

7. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

The DB BR 101 runs on these routes, as much as I know:
    Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg - Between Munich and Augsburg
    Rhein Ruhr Osten - Between Hagen and Wuppertal
    Hamburg to Lubeck- Between Hamburg and Lubeck

The coaches that will be delivered with the BR 101 will most likely be Eurofima or modernised m-Wagen coaches. Below you can see the most common types of these coaches:
    Bpmmz 284
    2nd class open coach
    [​IMG]

Bpmmdz 285
    2nd class open coach with bike storage
    [​IMG]

Avmmz 106
    1st class compartment coach with reduced number of compartments
    [​IMG]

Apmmz 126
    1st class open coach
    [​IMG]

Bvmkz 856
    2nd class compartment coach with bistro
    [​IMG]

IC Restaurant Coach:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Option 2 has as much content as a loco DLC - a loco level driving car, a coach and some gameplay content for one other route (you won’t get layers for more than one route for the same reason the 101 has a layer for only one route). So if it was going to happen it would be the same price as a loco DLC.
    Option 3 forgets that they didn’t want to make two loco level vehicles for the BR 101 DLC and that is why there is no cab car in the first place, so why would they do that for a BR 120 DLC?

9. jolojonasgames

The coaches that will be coming are the Bpmmz 284 and Avmmz 106, this has been confirmed in yesterdays stream. You have been spamming this more or less the same comment in a lot of threads recently, now we know what coaches will be coming there is no longer any need for it.

10. jolojonasgames

There was more to it then just 'two loco level vehicles'. The problem with this cab car, that unlike the Dosto cab car and those on Penninsula Corridor (which are the same as the regular coaches, just with a cab on one end), it is based on an entirely different coach. Therefore not only the cab, but the entire coach would have to be modelled from scratch, which is were the true expense in moddeling lies. And because the 1st and 2nd class coach would already be in game they wouldn't have to remodel these again, which should give them room for modelling the cab car.

And yes, I do expect the price for a IC expansion-pack to be the same as a loco DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. elaineedwards2013

Sorry, jolojonasgames, I wasn’t doing it on purpose. I just got overexcited about the DB BR 101 coming out soon. Also, I loved your route suggestions: Köln to Wuppertal, etc.

12. jolojonasgames

No worries, just wanted to let you know the coach types have been confirmed now.

13. elaineedwards2013

Ok good

14. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

One thing they could do is then add services, if they don't on release, to HMA. Since Munich is a terminus station the only way they could run IC services between Munich and Augsburg is if they put a loco at either end. If they build the cab car then they defiantly could enable these services. Remember, when NEC was released, the cab car came later as a loco DLC.

15. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd pay the normal loco addon price for both. I really really want to have the cab car.

I the 120 comes with the cabcar, i would be okay with it if the coaches are recycled. Because then they don't have to spend time to build loco + 2 coaches + cabcar, but just loco + cabcar.

• Like Like x 2
  16. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

That "IC expansion pack" sounds very good. It would also include DB BR 120.

17. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

bruh, just stop

• Like Like x 1
  18. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I went for option 2. I would easily pay loco dlc price for the control car and a new layer on one route, probably HMA if I had to name one.
    Bistro car would be nice as well and should fit nicely in the dimensions of a loco dlc.
    Of course it is unfortunate that it would be dlc for dlc for dlc.
    Maybe our best bet is that they will include it in a new route together with a BR 120 and make it available for 101 trains to pull, or to make 120 runs with the control car be able to get substituted by 101.

• Like Like x 1
  19. elaineedwards2013

I am sorry . I am not doing this to be annoying, it is just a bit disappointing. I am just overexcited about the DB BR 101.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  20. mclitke

Then please take away from this that we all like to discuss with you, but please stop copying your texts into each reply, especially since you did it in two posts following each other.
    I believe you that you don't want to be annoying, but to be frank, it is annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  21. elaineedwards2013

I am very sorry that I annoyed you and others by copying my texts into each reply. I never meant to upset and annoy you all. I will stop.

22. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I took option 2 but as I think it's rather unlikely DTG will do something like that in the near future I think you missed a completely different possibility: A new route with the already existing 101 plus the cab car (and maybe a few other new coaches like the Bistro / Restaurant). As they already made the 101 they could then focus their budget on the cab car for that route.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jolojonasgames

Indeed a very good option I had only considered briefly this far. :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. elaineedwards2013

Yeah, good point, I chose option 2 too.

25. mclitke

But it would beg the question "why did I buy the standalone BR 101 if I could have gotten it plus the cab car in the upcoming route". So just to reduce backlash it should rather use the 120 and make it substitute with the 101. At least that is my view on that....

• Like Like x 1
  26. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

A few months ago, I made a suggestion how DTG could include a cab car. (How You Could Produce An Intercity Cab Car In The Future | Dovetail Games Forums)
    I suggested a route DLC, which includes the BR 120, Intercitywagons and more stuff, so there could be a Loco-DLC with a cab car and maybe more Intercitywagons. A Loco-DLC can only bought by owners of the necessary route, in case of the DB BR 101 Hauptstrecke-Rhein-Ruhr. If DTG sells only a cab car and maybe more wagons as DLC, for which route it should be? It only could be on routes, which includes Locos and not only DMUs/EMUs. If this DLC would be for the BR 101, it could only bought of persons, who owns HRR and the BR 101, so it would probably less selled than if this is a DLC for a route and not also for another Loco-DLC. That's the reason I suggested a route where the BR 120 can be perfectly used and a Intercity cab car could be added as Loco-DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jolojonasgames

That is another option too. My personal problem with that would be that I'd have to buy another route and a DLC for it just to get the cab car. Though for a good route with the 120 I'd be okay with that.

No option is perfect, but as long as we keep offering different solutions DTG at least has something to work with. At the end of the day we just want the cab car, regardless of how it gets added.

I'll consider adding some more of the suggested options into the main post when I have some spare time :).

28. mclitke

By ignoring the control car and doing BR 101 as loco dlc they have put enthusiast who would like to be able to drive with a cab car in a really bad position. As we have concluded so far it boils down to either DTG taking a sales risk by doing dlc that needs two specific other ones to be owned, or to us enthusiasts being required to pay route dlc prices.
    And that does not even touch the question whether it will even come at any point at all.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

With how integral the cab car is DTG should've just picked a different loco than the 101 to make, same applies to Hamburg-Lübeck as well for that matter. There's so many other engines and routes out there, no need to rush them out right now when you can't do it properly. At least for someone like me, and probably anyone else but the hardcore TSW players, I'm not buying a cab car addon for the 101 when there's other route and loco DLCs that manage to be more complete, and thus are better value.

Now would I get the cab car if it was with another loco or route DLC? I'd consider it certainly. But that's not gonna fix the lack of one for the 101 pack. It's still gonna be lacking a critical part of the experience unless you're willing to buy that other addon. And that's assuming the preserved crew even add in the option to use the cab car for the 101, which is far from certain.

Ultimately I don't see DTG fixing this, because in order to truly fix it they really need to delay it till they can add in the cab car, or at least include it as a free update for the 101 at a later date, neither of which DTG are likely to do.

• Like Like x 1
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer n.2 but the problem is that a DLC for a DLC for a DLC (HRR > BR101 > IC Pack/Cab Car) will not sell well so there are almost zero chances of that happening, the only way I can see a cab car happening is that comes standard with a route and the 101 can be purchased from both HRR and that new route (so a bit like the Class 465, to get the full experience you have to get the route + loco DLC).

For example. Haupstrecke A to B
    It comes standard with the BR403 (ICE 3) a Siemens Vectron and the IC Cab car, only usable if you buy the BR101.

Either that or it might be included in an alternate timetable like GWB (and is either pushed by another loco if you don't have the 101 or the 101 is included with said pack like the locos for GWB). Higher price than GWB obviously. I reckon €25

For 25€ you get the 101, Cab Car and an alternate timetable for another route (maybe IC timetable for HMA).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  31. elaineedwards2013

Good point really. Besides the DB BR 101 does IC services on Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg, between Münich and Augsburg.

32. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

33. elaineedwards2013

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  34. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

It says that it will be released this month, probably the end

35. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

You can add it now to your Wishlist on steam, just says it's coming out April 2021, no precise date

36. phips

phips Active Member

I personally like the Idea with the BR 120 DLC. As there already are the IC Coaches, you could put them into the pack and design the 120 and the Cab Car which will be added to the 101 Services

• Like Like x 3
  37. jolojonasgames

That will always be one of my favourite options. I just really hope our chances of getting the cab car aren't gone forever now that it hasn't come with the BR 101. I have some great memories in that coach, and I really like the looks of it. Hopefully one day we'll see it.

• Like Like x 3
  38. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe another IC-Route, perhaps with a more historic focus, will come where the BR 120 could be delivered. Or as seperate DLC with the cab car. One can just hope.

• Like Like x 2
  39. elaineedwards2013

Same, with the e300 (373) Eurostar. I also hope our chance of getting it aren’t gone forever too, besides I have ridden on it before and I have memories of spotting / seeing (riding) them.

40. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Just wanted to bump this thread again, now that we have TSW 3 and loco DLCs no longer require base routes. I'd very much like a IC expansion pack. I just rode in an IC the other day in the cab car and the driver had the door open so I watched over his shoulders the whole journey. Kinda reminded me that I really really want a cab car ingame.
    And I'd even more love it if we would get a BR120 DLC. Together with the 101 and 103 my favourite loco ever.

• Like Like x 3
  41. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

I think it would be better if they would make a route where the DB BR 101 is included as loco, and then adding the IC cab and maybe the bristro wagon!

• Like Like x 4
  42. jolojonasgames

I recall a quite similar experience in one of the unairconditioned cab cars. Driver had the door blind open, so I could watch over his shoulder, but I could also stick my head out of the window at 160 km/h, quite the experience.

• Like Like x 1