PlayStation Little Tease For American Passenger Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeanmarc094, Mar 23, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If they do do an Amtrak diesel, I sincerely hope it's a Genesis or Charger, not just an F40PH reskin (the F40s are pretty much retired anyway)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't see them doing a Amtrak Diesel route soon, most of the routes they're assigned on are very infrequent, and dominated largely by freight traffic. Even something like the Surfliner route is pretty infrequent compared to the other US passenger lines that have been made in TSW if I understand correctly. If they do Amtrak they're gonna bring back NEC in some form first and foremost, and if they do another diesel route it would be with another commuter company, like FrontRunner for example.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Unless they opt for a 1970/80s Amtrak route just to reuse the F40, although the idea of a diesel Amtrak route would be welcome, the idea of reusing the F40PH will not.

4. MetrolinkF125#916

I would vision DTG pulling something off with Union Pacific if they even dare make a diesel Amtrak route. But yes any part of the NEC that links to another commuter railroad like NJ transit is more likely, since they can reuse the ACS-64 and they already have the assets for a NYC based route.

5. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Depends, I don't think people would mind in the slightest if it was a secondary addition to a good sized freight route that already had a bunch of freight cars and two freight locos, Solder Summit's a well like route in TS Classic after all. Now whether DTG would do for TSW is a bit questionable certainly, but there's ways you could add in a Amtrak F40PH without annoying people.
    I doubt it would be UP, I suspect it would be on a CSX route if anything. A few of the NEC region routes have CSX on them, and the Miami route in TS Classic features the P42 and a CSX Dash 8.

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that DTG also have a Norfolk Southern license. They haven't used it yet in TSW, but they have in TS.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

I had no idea, but that’s good news. If NS allows DTG to use it in TSW, we might see an NS route in the near future, or maybe not that near, at least 8 months imo.

8. MetrolinkF125#916

Unless they reuse the AC4400CW, or give a GEVO the same sounds, then a reappearance of CSX freight along with some Amtrak action would be a great route.

9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It strikes me as odd that they haven't released any NS content for TSW. I wonder if they weren't able to transfer license over for some reason? No idea how these contracts are written tbh.

10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Is that really worth a TSW2 route though? Amtrak only has 2 trains a day that use that line (Silver Star and Silver Meteor) Though Miami is a terminus station, so switching could be involved. Tri Rail may still not allow DTG to use their branding on that line either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I was using that as a example, not as a actual suggestion for a route.

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Harlem Line is a good choice. Here's the thing with Dovetail Games they'll simply reskin LIRR M7 & M3 into Metro-North Blue M7 & M3. However the seats and roof is different for Metro-North & LIRR M3s. By the way a 10 car M7 can't run to Southeast due to substation issues but a 10 car M3 can run Grand Central to Southeast since the substations date to 1983 when Metro-North decided to Electrify North White Plains to Southeast Brewster and order M3s for that project. LIRR M3s are ordered for Hicksville-Ronkonkoma electrification project which was completed on December 28th 1987. Harlem Line pre 1983 is electric service to North White Plains but diesel to Brewster.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

If metro north Harlem line is announced next on the roadmap I would most definitely by it or if it’s the northeast corridor Boston to providence I would definitely buy that to.