My Problem With Hamburg-lübeck From A German View

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by osiegmund9, Apr 15, 2021.

1. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

Hello everybody,

I am a little bit frustated about the (at the moment) rolling stock on Hamburg.Lübeck Route Addon. About the Dostos... yes wrong. But there is also the BR 112 were some things dont seem to be right.

• The number(s): There exists no 112 391
    • The upper headlight: Too big, must be like the 2 downside
    • The pantograph is also from the BR 143 and on the BR 112 simply wrong
    That are just the things I have seen from the outside from the pictures...

At the moment the rolling stock from this DLC seems dissapointing in my eyes. I hope the route itself isn´t that bad.

Here is a picture from the real one:

Screenshot 2021-04-15 180247.png

• Like Like x 22
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

To be fair it is a work in progress but knowing dtg, that will most likely be the final product. The DB BR 112 and the DB BR 143 are very similar that it isn´t suprising that they just copy/paste assets from the 143 to the 112 even though that´s unrealistic but that´s dtg for ya. They probably did that to cut back on dev time.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

We don't know all the details yet, but it doesn't look very promising rolling stock wise. That route might be a test, and, at the moment, DTG managed to push me over the edge, and I will finally go through and let my wallet vote: at this state, this route is not worth more than 10€ for me. I thought for a lot of routes that they are not worth the full price, but I bought most nonetheless. I am graving for german content, but I will be strong for this one and give it a pass.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Given it's under 'upcoming' on the roadmap, we will be getting what we've seen in screenshots. I don't buy the argument that the MSB Dostos were placeholders because if they were, why would it have been moved out of production?

• Like Like x 3
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What entices me to buy a route is usually A) unique gameplay, B) new, different rolling stock and C) interesting setting, roughly in that order. Clinchfield pegs the meter on all three. HBL fails on B, gets a D+ on C and is unlikely to score high on A. TBH, I don't think DTG can rely on its German fanbase to continue to buy the same warmed-over trains again and again, and yet the only prospect of anything unique, since the 363, is coming from TSG (eventually).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

German trains do all seem the same other than the ICE which is the same as the other ICE. Maybe it’s because they’re all one livery.... That said I have no knowledge of German rail to know if these units come in other liveries

7. tallboy7648

Some german trains do have different liveries. The 146 for example has the db red livery but also in real life has a DB IC white/red livery since it does do ic services as well. The db br 185 has a db red livery, DB Railion livery and a MRCE livery. The DB BR 403 ICE and the DB BR 406 ICE3M are different. The 403 has a digital speedo compared to the 406 and the 403 can only run on german railways whereas the 406 can run on different rail lines in Belgium, Holland etc

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

You may have a point but remember there are other popular modern german routes that have yet to be made that are popular with some such as the Frankfurt U-Bahn, Berlin S-Bahn, Koln Frankfurt High Speed line, the Nuremberg U-bahn and the list goes on and on. Maybe they should make a different german route that has different trains to refresh some of the german content for existing players. The Berlin S-Bahn has trains that are not in the sim currently along with the Nuremberg U-Bahn

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

What if the wrong number of the 112 is a hint at something coming next, perhaps a loco DLC? They have already done something like that when teasing something German. I don't remember what exactly, but it was on the wiki.