Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

As a American, I agree

2. tallboy7648

I agree. I don't get why some are complaining about a passenger oreinted update. Most of the new german routes and sehs have freight operations. Not to mention that the announced/released u.s routes so far are freight only routes. There hasn't been a u.s passenger route in two years meaning we have 4 freight routes and two passenger routes for the u.s. 5 freight routes and two passenger for north america since oakville was freight only. If you don't like the idea of passenger-only commuter style routes, you don't have to buy them. I don't buy freight routes because I don't like them.

I personally think rush hour will come with an increased number of passengers and some new routes. I hope that it will make routes like lirr or bakerloo busier as those routes feel dead with timetables that are not as busy compared to reality. I do hope we finally get a north american passenger route as it's been way too long since we got a north american passenger route.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's difficult to deduce a 'pattern' for routes included with annual bundles in TSW, because there is limited data so far. But... TSW1 released in summer 2018 with three new routes, NEC, GWE and RT, plus (PC only) HH (previously released in beta). The first annual update/bundle, TSW2020 in summer 2019, again came with three all-new routes, NTP, MSB and LIRR, plus a repeat of GWE and (on Steam only) a repeat of HH (redubbed SPG). TSW2 a year later only came with 2-1/2, Bakerloo, SKA and a remastered SPG, but then I imagine a lot of resources had had to be put into the Ver 2.0 rebuild as opposed to routes. So if there is a pattern to be discerned, I would expect TSW:RH to launch with three routes which have not previously been released, plus one or two "re-runs" (could be LIRR, RT or Cathcart). I would further predict that the three bundled new routes will be one each UK, US and German.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I would also expect this, and maybe those “re-runs” of existing routes could be featured in the possible deluxe and collector’s editions, as they’ve always have made these editions for TSW, unless they take a different approach this year...

• Like Like x 3
  5. solicitr

Of course, there is an issue with some existing routes being TSW2-native, and others being Preserved Collection. If a re-run is included in the bundle and it's a PC route, it would have to be upgraded to full TSW2 standard.

• Like Like x 2
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Smart move - TSW:RH instead of TSW3. Interesting, it will go hand in hand with this upcoming core update? Will RH be release in the next version of UEngine? Is it just a bundle or is there more to it? I speculate...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

TSW1 was a compilation of the first four routes released for TSW, all having came out individually beforehand. Likewise 2020's route came out during the year between updates, you could buy any of the three routes stand alone before the inclusion in 2020. I would not say any of the routes included with TSW1 or 2020 are all-new by any means. TSW2's a exception, as both Bakerloo and Koin launched alongside it, and it's worth noting that DTG consider Sand Patch a new route. But considering it's technically a new game and not a yearly update I would not expect that situation to repeat.
    I don't think it's particularly likely judging from recent versions of TS Classic, but they did update Sherman Hill for its inclusion with Train Simulator 2016, so it's possible.

• Like Like x 2
  8. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just being pedantic, but before a vowel you should use "an" rather than "a"... improving the language indeed ;)

• Like Like x 12
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comment. I am fully aware of that option. Hopefully in the next update of ToolkitForTSW I will implement an experimental settings feature, that makes it easier to select a set of game settings you would like to use. There are so many now ...

11. tallboy7648

No. We use it differently here

12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You must be very confident about your own spelling and grammar if you're criticising other people's. Thank goodness the language police haven't discovered this forum yet.

13. ARuscoe

Oh, very much so, but then I've never claimed to be improving the language either

• Like Like x 5
  14. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Not to mention this "stellar" route building!
    bakerclip.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  15. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Do you have any sources to confirm that? I'd like to know as I work with languages, but it's the first time I'm hearing of this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The name Rush Hour does tend to indicate that the passengers have been updated to allow more of them. DTG did say around the time TSW2 released that they wanted to improve the passengers in the coming year. Sounds like they have done it. That alone will improve all the older passenger routes and as Adam’s team have done a new timetable for RT that door is open to improve the timetables for any route where it is feasible to do so. That may or may not include LIRR and Bakerloo but both those routes need dispatcher and/or signalling improvements too. If they’ve also improved those for the update this year then we might get a much better experience on a lot of routes. Adam will be very busy with all the improvements he could do. I haven’t a clue what new routes will be coming but you can definitely look forward to a US passenger route. That simply has to happen. Which one? No idea.

• Like Like x 4
  17. tallboy7648

I wonder do we get different looking passenger models in the game as well such as kids or senior citizens with tsw2 rush hour. I wouldn´t complain if we didn´t since I play omsi 2 and I am used to seeing the same type of models over and over. I wouldn´t be surprised if rush hour applied to future announced routes but then they bring that feature to older routes over time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crosstie

I'm not so concerned with the number of passengers, although some diversity would be welcome. No, I would like to see a significant increase in the quantity of AI trains on all routes. We also need more ambient sounds and vehicular traffic around stations to get that "rush hour" ambience.
    I'm just wondering how this all fits in with the well documented "memory constraints" that DTG is always cautioning us about.

• Like Like x 3
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If they have fully updated the passengers I expect there to be more diversity and hopefully more age ranges depicted, and if we are really lucky, passengers with luggage and other items people might carry. If there are going to be greater numbers of passengers on platforms and in trains then there really needs to be more different people so we don’t end up with five of the same person standing next to each other. I hope they’ve done a good job but we will have to wait until we see them to see what’s been done.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Crosstie

Of course we Americans use "a" and "an" correctly. But we should not start picking apart each other's posts for grammar and spelling. Therein lies a slippery slope. This is informal writing. Content is all that matters (within reason).

• Like Like x 7
  21. fabristunt

Oh so what Tallboy wrote was just BS, thanks for confirming it. I agree this shouldn't be a place to discuss grammar, but he was so sure...
    Let's go back to discussing the wrong Dostos :)

• Like Like x 2
  22. tallboy7648

Maybe umbrellas in the rain as well or different types of coats in winter

• Like Like x 3
  23. tallboy7648

No it´s not bs. Ever heard of different cultures? Since you claim to know about languages then surely you know that different cultures/countries use words differently.

24. fabristunt

I've recently seen umbrellas in a game, it was either The Bus or Tramsim. I don't remember which one exactly, but it sure looked neat!

• Like Like x 1
  25. fabristunt

I sure do, but can't just take your word for it. May I redirect you to my previous message where I ask you for some sources confirming your statement?

26. tallboy7648

In tramsim they have an option in which passengers would have masks. Honestly, I think that would be cool but I don´t think people play games to be reminded about what goes on in the real world

• Like Like x 3
  27. tallboy7648

You need proof to see how people in different countries use words. I don´t need proof to know that in the u.k, the word they use for garbage is rubbish. Or how instead of saying trunk, they say boot for their cars. There is no need to bicker about how different cultures use words differently

• Like Like x 1
  28. fabristunt

Ah so you are referring to informal spoken language. Ok I get it. It's still wrong grammatically, but spoken language is a different beast. I thought you were telling us the US has a different grammar rule for this. Then it's settled. :)

Poor British people and their lorries! However, I still prefer their version of the English language :)

• Like Like x 4
  29. tallboy7648

It wouldn´t feel like rush hour if there wasn´t many people though. Sure you can have a ton of trains, but if stations are dead then part of that feeling is lost. Maybe rush hour will go alongside the tsw2 optimization update hence why they are able to add more trains and more passengers

• Like Like x 1
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Definitely need that.

• Like Like x 7
  31. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I hope it’s more than just increasing the amount of NPCs during rush hour, as that isn’t very interesting at all. In fact you can already do this on PC if you know which commands to use. Furthermore, the NPCs aren’t exactly intelligent so more would mean more clashing without an overhaul.

What I think should be a priority is the amount of services, as well as making it sound and feel busy. Ambient sounds massively need improving.

• Like Like x 4
  32. tallboy7648

In some systems, bumping into people can be common. Maybe if there are an increased number of passengers, then maybe dtg will have sorted out the passengers bumping into each other issue

• Like Like x 2
  33. fabristunt

Well if they're gonna increase the amount of passengers, they need to rework the logic that controls them. If they don't, they'll stack twice as high when walking over eachother!

34. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Currently, when a person runs against a person, the person pushes the other person away.
    I don't see a big problem there

• Like Like x 1
  35. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Yeah....no they dont, they basically rapidly ricochet off each other and create human hydras. If you dont see the big problem id suggest actually looking at the problem. ride as a passenger and look at the doors when it stops at the first stop.

• Like Like x 4
  36. fabristunt

You haven't seen passengers walking on top of each other? I mean with one guy standing on the head of the other. Have a few runs on the Bakerloo and you'll understand.

• Like Like x 2
  37. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

And let us not forget “Auto-Correct” for those of us using tablets or phones to view these forums..... :)

38. tallboy7648

I had a passenger on the bakerloo line shoot up to the sky when he left the train like superman at Harrow. Makes no sense

• Like Like x 3
  39. Crosstie

Yes indeed, I make good use of this feature myself. We should all proof read our posts to make sure we are expressing ourselves clearly. But there are too many people on the forums for whom English is not their primary language, some people with writing deficiencies and some for whom typing is physically difficult, for us to nitpick their posts. As an ex- teacher, I learned to cut people some slack if they had writing problems. Sorry, If this thread has gone astray. Partly my fault.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  40. ARuscoe

Unless they've proclaimed to be "improving the language" which is what occurred here. I am not one of the grammar police, but I found it amusing that someone claimed to do something and then went completely against that in their next sentence, hence the smiley face etc

• Like Like x 5
  41. Special EliteYT

Special EliteYT New Member

Let's hope the New York City Subway is included in this. This is the perfect opportunity to bring a New York City Subway route.

• Like Like x 4
  42. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Or metro north or north east corridor Boston to providence route.

43. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I agree, let's all stop talking about others use of language or being grammar cops period. We are humans and we make mistakes. People are not all native english speakers and even if so, english grammar might not be strong but we don't judge that but embrace a wider community.
    People let's THINK before we post:
    T = is it True?
    H = is it Helpful?
    I = is it Inspiring?
    N = is it Necessary?
    K = is it Kind?
    Follow this and we can have a more positive and inclusive community.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Correcting someone's grammar is not judging. Pointing out the mistake helps the person write it correctly next time around. We have too many people using their/they're, a/an, than/then incorrectly on the internet already. I'm not a native english speaker either, yet I somehow know how to write these things correctly.

That's all I wanted to say regarding this, let's not continue the off-topic regarding grammar, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  45. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Yea indeed, i think it will be a great improvement for the game, we'll see how it will be but i think it will be really good!

• Like Like x 3
  46. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Ich finde es ein sinnloses Feature.
    Hätten die den MP nun eingebracht, hätte man automaatisch einen spannenderen Linienverkehr, geschuldet durch andere Mitspieler.

Das nun als ein eigenes Feature rauszubringen, mir scheint es weder durchdacht noch irgendwie einen Sinn zu machen.
    Warten wir mal nächhste Woche ab, kann mir den sinn bisher aber nicht erschließen.

---

I think it's a pointless feature. If they had brought in the MP, one would automatically have a more exciting line service, owed by other players. Now to bring this out as a separate feature, it doesn't seem to me to be well thought out or to make any sense. Let's wait for the next week, but so far I can't make sense of it.

• Like Like x 1
  47. solicitr

You do realize that in a poll last year, multiplayer was voted down handily?

Many people absolutely hate multiplayer, would never use it if implemented, and regard the potential project as a massive waste of resources DTG could be using to improve TSW, instead of creating a playground for trolls and gankers.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

In my mind multiplayer is something I'd only use in some kind of private mode with some friends, beyond that I wouldn't be interested

• Like Like x 3
  49. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

There have just been long waits between American routes in general. The passenger/freight ratio of America is the most balanced out of the three countries so I don't understand the complaints in either direction. Well, Cane creek will break that balance but that's Skyhook's work. Hopefully the next US route is passenger.

But Germany definitely lacks freight. Those layers that you mentioned do it no justice and don't make much of a difference. Services on them aren't really fun and are there just to make the line busier. The last german route that included good freight was MSB, which is not a great route and is fairly old by now. So yeah, after 5 passenger oriented German routes in a row I will definitely be dissapointed if the next one has a "rush hour" theme too.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  50. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

There has been talk of updating passengers on the live streams for some time, my guess is this will be this years tsw updated base release with three routes.
    As the focus seems to be on passengers If they follow the pattern they have with TS20.. i am guessing the Three route will be Munich Augsburg, London Faversham and a new american commuter route

• Like Like x 3