Suggestion Proposal: Multiplayer Servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GP40Man5528, Apr 21, 2018.

Tags:
?
  1. YES!

64.3%
  2. no

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GP40Man5528

GP40Man5528 Active Member

For those that have played other video games besides train simulators, such as first person shooters and sandbox games, a lot of those games you played were probably on Multiplayer servers. Playing with other players to reach a common goal. And I think this concept would be really neat to see in Train Sim World.
    Picture this, there is a server section in the main menu of the game where you can choose a map, and It will bring you to a database full of servers which you can join and play multiplayer with other people.
    For example, on Sand Patch, You can set up crews to make some switching manuvers or a crew to take a freight up Sand Patch with other people. Same with GWE or the NEC.
    Now of course, multiplayer is a long way away, and current route DLC's are too short for this concept to work well, but I think once multiplayer is put into developement and there are longer routes available, this should be something that Dovetail should consider.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. HowlingWolven

HowlingWolven New Member

3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Ok, they already have Multiplayer in development. And it's gonna take a while to get to that point as an update. Until then, best not to get any hopes up on what multiplayer gonna be like, DTG will tell us what kind of multiplayer mode they have in mind.

4. TheRealisticAussie

TheRealisticAussie Member

I would love to see this in TSW were you have different crews. Someone can be a signaller or a dispatcher but for this multiplayer to work you are going to need a way to get newbies out such as application forms and test to prevent SPAD’s and derailments due to inexperienced
    Keeping trolls out can be difficult aswell so a team of admins and moderators will be needed to monitor the servers.

5. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

how many people are going to ask this question. DTG have already stated there will be multiplayer in the future

6. GP40Man5528

GP40Man5528 Active Member

I know that. I was just looking ahead to the future of this game and thought this would be a neat feature to have when multiplayer does make it through development.

7. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Although to me, I would not be sure how would the servers be like on both PC and Xbox. Or how well each of the routes is gonna react to this concept.