Long Island Railroad Montauk & Babylon Branches.

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by SgtBreadSt1ck, Apr 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

Hello! I am a New York City railfan and I propose the Montauk & Babylon Branches. The route would feature a lot of scenery and scenarios like the Cannonball Express or service between Montauk and Speonk. The Termini should be Penn Station, Long Island City, Atlantic Terminal, Babylon, Patchogue, Speonk, and Montauk. There would be many yards and interlockings including the West Side Yard, Harold Interlocking, Vanderbilt Yard, Richmond Hill Yard, Jay interlocking, Hillside Facility, Babylon Yard, Speonk Yard, and Montauk Yard. There would also be a lot of scenery which includes the Manhattan skyline from the Harold Interlocking, the Van Wyck Expressway at Jamaica, southern Long Island, the Hamptons and finally Montauk. The types of trains that should be included if the route is considered should be the DM30AC, DE30AC, C3 Bi-Level Coaches, LIRR M7, and LIRR M9. I have also listed all the stations that should be included in the route (Stations in all caps are considered termini): PENN STATION, LONG ISLAND CITY, Hunterspoint Avenue, Woodside, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, ATLANTIC TERMINAL, Nostrand Avenue, East New York, JAMAICA, St. Albans, (I included these because they reconnect anyway, Locust Manor, Laurelton) Rosedale, Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Baldwin, Freeport, Merrick, Bellemore, Wantagh, Seaford, Massapequa, Massapequa Park, Amityville, Copiague, Lindenhurst, BABYLON, Bay Shore, Islip, Great River, Oakdale, Sayville, PATCHOGUE, Bellport, Mastic-Shirley, SPEONK, Westhampton, Hampton Bays, Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Amagansett, MONTAUK.

Below I have put some reference images of trains that are currently in service on the Long Island Railroad.

Long Island Railroad Bombardier M7
    LIRR M7 Pic.jpg

Long Island Railroad Kawasaki M9
    LIRR M9 Pic.jpg
    Long Island Railroad EMD DM30AC (Notice this model of the 30ACs has 3rd Rail shoes.)
    DM30AC Pic.jpg
    Long Island Railroad EMD DE30AC (Notice the lack of 3rd Rail shoes on this model of the 30ACs.)
    DE30AC Pic.jpg

Long Island Railroad Kawasaki C3 Cab cars and Coach cars.
    LIRR C3..jpg

Please get a lot of attention and support for this because there is already Metro North Railroad and NJT content but a lack of LIRR Content. Two routes on MNR. Two routes on NJT. Why not two routes on LIRR. It would be great so let’s get a lot of support for this because the lack of LIRR content that has much possibility to be a thing is kind of annoying. It is also annoying that nothing has been done and it has been years since LIC, Hunterspoint Avenue, and Woodside were in the game but still isn’t officially utilized so for the last time please get attention and support for this idea and have a great day or night.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Hopefully they’ll add this Locomotive someday soon in the future because they’ve got hunterspoint Avenue and Long Island city on TSW it would definitely be awesome to drive the diesel locomotives on train simulator sometime soon or TSW

Attached Files:

3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

This is an awesome proposal. It would be great to see this in TS2020 as trackage from NY-Penn to Woodside exists on the New Haven route. Or it can be a standalone route. If the devs can construct this network in TSW and further develop the current LIRR route in TSW 2020 that would be awesome too, but it would be great to see an official LIRR route for TS2020. I would also add the LIRR M3 in there so we have EMU's from multiple era's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I love the idea! LIRR would be great in TS20, the LIRR in TSW is a good route, but in my opinion there isn't enough suburban running. The eastern branches of the LIRR are quite scenic (at least by Long Island standards) and a lot more interesting than the slow-paced urban running that we're used to. Plus, since TS20 can take longer routes, we could have a 50ish mile one!

• Like Like x 3
  5. mrchuck

yes it is but they could include the dual mode diesel locomotive to add more scenarios to go to Hunterspoint Avenue and Long Island city. On TSW but I hope one day it comes out sometime soon to train simulator.

Attached Files:

6. malikrthr

I agree, we can even go as far as Montauk with TS20, since we have an unofficial expansion of the Hudson line to Albany for TS20, and with the Metro North M7A in TS20, DTG would just need to make some slight modifications to make it an M7. The DE/DM30 locomotives would add great variety as well, especially for the non electrified portions of the LIRR.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

All we need is for DTG to do one branch, and for the community to do the rest due to Jamaica being impossible to do without an official asset from DTG. Right now, the only viable route is the Port Washington Branch, since it doesn’t go to Jamaica.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NEC Railfan

Also, lest we forget the New York and Atlantic Railroad.

They run all over the Long Island Railroad system, and it’d be fun to do the trains.

In terms of equipment, the NY&A owns:
    - 4 MP15ACs
    - 4 GP38-2s
    - 2 PR20Bs
    - 1 SW1001

I think the MP15s or the GP38-2s should be in the base route, and the others come as DLC or in expansions.

• Like Like x 2
  9. malikrthr

It will be great to feature the NY&A. There could even be the Bay Ridge Branch and Fresh Pond yards in the route as well, so we can have some freight and switching scenarios. They may be able to even feature Sandite cars and deicer trains as well. If we can get these as DLC's that would be amazing.

10. mrchuck

Port Washington would be awesome to see hopefully it’ll happen sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Man ppl been proposing since this DLC got released in Nov 2018...we at least wanted the DE30AC or such especially to fill in the LIC and Hunterspoint Av stations even if they go as far as Mineola and split off out the game that's fine...I jus hate incomplete content...every other dlcs especially or these german dlcs getting all the love...LIRR I'm gon keep saying os left for dead and they dont care unless they find a way to prove me wrong for once....I remember last year someone said they were working on a Port Washington Branch content but since then hasnt said anything, so I'm assume they lied or jus terrible communication...LIRR NEEDS more content...Peninsula Corridor got more love why cant LIRR cant

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrbKlegend89

Oh yea and not to mention they said 24/7 railroad but yet it looks dry with hour type service and no al trains at Yards smfh

13. SgtBreadSt1ck

If they actually did real timetable service your computer would crash.

14. MrbKlegend89

I dont want them doing real life timetables what I'm saying is they need to add more traffic at least, have trains at hillside yard and all or Hudson yards..it feels empty..especially now news of adding the M3 and supposingly jus substituting for random services...at least add 1 or 2 more scenarios and add few more services...theres lots of service on the HRR dlc and it ain't crash

15. mrchuck

Yeah I heard that the where working on the Port Washington Branch I wonder when it’s going to be available and I wanna know if they’ll be releasing a dual mode diesel locomotive?

16. SgtBreadSt1ck

You aren't wrong.

17. MrbKlegend89

I jus wanted a better expectation out of this M3 add on not a substitute...its weird cuz it's mostly saying like Penn to Hicksville with additional service to/from Hempstead and that has more service in the game....ppl also wanted to extend that Woodside shuttle drive to Port Washungton(I was at least aiming for Great Neck not to be that greedy)

18. NEC Railfan

Yeah the M3 is already a flop to me and it hasn't even come out yet. What LIRR needs is an expansion.

19. mrchuck

Jamaica to Long Beach or Woodside to great neck.

20. SgtBreadSt1ck

Recent Comment moment. This has got to happen. If they can build Pacific Surfliner, they can build Montauk Branch.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NEC Railfan

LIRR Map.png

• Like Like x 2
  22. mrchuck

Is that a map of the Long Island railroad route for train simulator?

23. NEC Railfan

Yes sir, I'm the track developer.

24. mrchuck

Awesome

25. mrchuck

Awesome will be released as a Dlc for train simulator or will it be available in workshop?

26. NEC Railfan

3rd party route since it will not be compatible as a workshop item, will be free though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  27. SgtBreadSt1ck

Holy. When will this route be availible?

28. NEC Railfan

A release date hasn't been determined yet, since we need more scenery developers.

29. malikrthr

It is great to see the Long Island Railroad being developed for Train Simulator. I wonder if LIRR rolling stock will soon be coming to Train Simulator.

30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

An excellent idea if you are wondering Babylon Branch has Express Flyer trains skip Jamaica and start or end at these following stops Wantagh Seaford Merrick Freeport & Massapequa Park. However, the m7s are likely to be reskinned from Metro-North Hudson Line while M3s are reskinned from Hudson Line Metro-North. Option 3 is modifying the M2 New Haven Line as the basis then take out the Pantograph since the M3 uses Third Rail only. For Montauk Branch LIRR there are trips that use Central Branch like the 3:15 Mineola which arrives at 4:15 pm at Patchogue Railway Station.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  31. NEC Railfan

There is the M7 and LIRR P32/Multilevel reskins available, as well as an LIRR Metropolitans pack being made by me. It will include all variants of the M1/M3 railcars. I also included some shots of Mineola. Screenshot (1894).png Screenshot (1895).png Screenshot (1897).png Screenshot (2163).png Screenshot (2167).png

• Like Like x 1
  32. SgtBreadSt1ck

Scenery. Hmmm. I mean I have built like a few routes (for my self) and I could probably do some scenery but I cant do stuff like signals or crossings.

33. NEC Railfan

Signals and crossings are being taken care of by me.

34. SgtBreadSt1ck

Ok. That's good. So if you want me to help you just dm me.

Btw. What is required for this DLC?

35. NEC Railfan

If I recall the dependencies list is as follows:
    Payware: (All steam)
    - NEC: NY-Philly Platforms and some scenery assets
    - NYNH: Track and some structures as well as base route textures
    - NJCL: Track, roads and some signals
    - HSC: Signals
    - WB: Signals and some structures
    - HUD: Scenery assets
    - CT (SF-SJ): Track infrastructure, roads, and scenery
    Freeware:
    - BLE (Penn Steam): vegetation assets and scenery
    - MM: Turntable at Morris Park, and other assets/scenery
    - Vulcan Productions Grass and Trees pack.

*Once I get the hand of it, custom assets will be used as well. (They'll be packaged in with the final release).

It may seem like a lot of assets, but with the amount of variety, it means one can achieve a very nice looking and realistic route, especially with one as large as this.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  36. ddkcwd

ddkcwd New Member

Right this is awesome even adding oyster bay Babylon to montauk even if they make a separate road map it would be good just for the diesels

37. mrchuck

hopefully they’ll add the Babylon route to TSW 2 someday in the future.

38. SgtBreadSt1ck

Hey it has been a while. What is the progress on this route?

39. mrchuck

I wanna see some screenshots of the progress of the lirr route for train simulator and I wanna know if they’re any plans on doing a dual mode diesel locomotive for TSW 2?