PlayStation Should Sehs Be Extended To London Victoria

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Irish Train sim, Feb 20, 2021.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Clearly I said all the tsw2 core routes unless you don't know how to read

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I do know how to read
    You seem to want to bang your drum til doomsday so good luck with that

3. tallboy7648

What I've been suggesting the whole time could be standalone routes. The Koln-Frankfurt High speed route is a routhe in which you can do 300kph compared to the 250kph in ska would be a standalone route and I've seen several threads asking for that route. If you have ska then both of those routes can be merged. High Speed Routes are popular. If you don't own ska then you wouldn't get them combined. The same goes for the Watford DC Line. If you have the Bakerloo line, you can combine the two services to make the section from Queens Park to Harrow And Wealdstone busier and you would be able to go to Watford Junction and Euston. it wouldn't be required to own ska or bkl to get those two routes. You just couldn't get a merger. I've seen suggestions for that route as well. I really don't see an issue unless your not intrested in another german high speed route and a london overground route in which case you don't have to buy it if it came out

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You're the same to be fair.

The TSW 2 routes that come as part of the for sale bundle in the console stores will not change if they continue with TSW 2 branding, the routes will only change if they move to another name (TSW 2021 or the like), just like they did when moving from TSW to TSW 2020.

• Like Like x 4
  5. rpeterbroughlowe

rpeterbroughlowe Active Member

Guys, Guys, Guys,

TSW; number of Routes : 18
    Number of route extensions: 0

Recount!

TSW: number of Routes....18
    Number of route extemthsonsons: 0

Stop the count! Stop the count!

Ok Rudio, last time

Number of Routes...18
    Number of route extensions to date.... dammit, 0

Keep trying!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

No need for the name calling guys. Just want my posts to be friendly with healthy debate. Everyone’s opinions count as long as it’s with respect.

• Like Like x 7
  7. ARuscoe

So in about six months then...

8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

They said they were going to try and avoid that this time.......

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

They said they were going to try and avoid charging for it. I have zero doubt that there will be a different bundle and game engine revision some time in late Summer for TSW2 because there has been for TSW every year before that, and every year for TSx since I bought it four years ago (normally around October)

10. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Interestingly, Sam did say on tonight’s roadmap stream that Dovetail would like to do route merger/extension and that it’s the technology/memory optimisation issues hampering this as opposed to anything else. Fingers crossed for the future for SEHS as well as others even if long term.

• Like Like x 5
  11. tallboy7648

I'm glad dtg has chosen to do an about face. The demand was there all along and I think dtg had to budge at some point. Routes like ska can get extended to Frankfurt which would give up th Koln Frankfurt High speed line which could be a standalone route as well. Now ARuscoe didn't seem to like the idea of extensions since I proposed extending the BKL and SKA and how it would be standalone routes as well. Hopefully route extensions will come in the future

12. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

I must say after spending the money for SE High speed AND class 465 I was extremely disapointed finding out the limited lenth of the available routes for the 465. I see Victoria and think Great! but then im not allowed to go that far but have to "get off" on the way.. seems like this wasn't clearly advertised. If you can go from London St pancreas in that same DLC you should be able to go to Victoria too..

• Like Like x 4
  13. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

Hey ARuscoe, quote me someone from DTG saying directly and unambiguously that there will be new core TSW2 routes from next September onwards, please.

Otherwise, can people please stop speculating about stuff that hasn’t even been discussed by DTG as though it’s been officially sanctioned.

14. ARuscoe

The route name gives you all the info you need to know. If YOU infer more from thinking that trains may go elsewhere that's on you

There's no such thing as "core routes", only those sold as a bundle with the software. This has been the case since I joined TSC (and continued with TSW1) 3 years ago, every year there are new routes bundled with the main game program and that forms TS2020/21 or TSW2020 etc
    The only difference that happened last year is that DTG didn't move to TSW2021, they made it a paid upgrade to TSW2
    You won't get "unambiguous statements" about what's coming in the "major update" (normally released around August for TSW/TSW2) until a few weeks beforehand, most likely in about three months.

15. ARuscoe

Whether or not "I like the idea of them" is irrelevant. Sam and Matt have both said on numerous occasions that they are very unlikely (borderline not happening) due to commercial constraints, ie they don't make very much money because the people who will pay two route costs for the extensions will be minimal compared to those who might pay to "try out" two routes
    If DTG extend routes I have (and like) then I would buy them, but DTG stated time and again (up until recently) that they wouldn't be doing it
    There was also the issue of timetable crossover, but I imagine now with multiple timetable allowance per route this issue has effectively been bypassed.

16. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

Ignoring whether it'll happen, or is technically feasible:

I'd probably enjoy "mergeable" routes (i.e. 2+ routes, which are playable independently, but if you own both then that gives you a longer drive).

I never really like any of the ways they did route extensions in TS. You either had something like South Wales Coastal or North London+Goblin where they released a shorter initial route, and then a longer route that contained the initial route and left you feeling a bit ripped off that you were being asked to buy something again. Or you had something like the Sheerness extension which felt a bit insubstantial to be really worthwhile (and I suspect sold badly?); especially since TSW routes are already fairly short as-is.

Thus, something a bit like South London Network, that includes London Victoria would probably be of interest to me (especially if it could link with SEHS). An extension that only did the connection to Victoria I'd probably ignore forever.

--------------------------

But obvious all of the above is anecdote about what one person would buy and is probably not a basis to make a business decision on. Especially since I'd probably be waiting for a discount so they could probably fund ~0.5 hours work for one of their lower-paid employees from what I'd be paying.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

Well if we do that...
    What I would want is the entire network being joined together over time, so rather than disparate routes, pick one or two major centres and "web out from" it
    So we already have Chatham, Leeds, Manchester and Middlesborough, rather than then going Liverpool to Crewe do something that links up. Over time you end up with complete routes, branches, and diverts which would allow for passenger, freight etc full runs.
    This is what I have in TSC, I've got all of the UK routes and 3rd party routes, and by using the scenario planner I can create (almost) full freight runs totalling several hours.

BUT

DTG won't get anywhere near that level in several years so I won't hold my breath

• Like Like x 1
  18. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

I think everyone agrees that this would be very good!

That's what they seem to have started doing with Germany (and I'm inclined to believe the speculation that there was some ambition to join the routes, at least at one point).

With the UK there's a bit more of a variety of eras modelled which is nice in a lot of ways, but could lead to a slightly disjointed experience here. Dunno how you'd work round that (and it's probably an unrealistic enough that it isn't worth speculating on how it should be solved)

19. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

They say they don't want to as it's DLC for DLC, but that answer doesn't hold up as they release locos for certain routes...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Gronk Honker

In other words, you don’t have any direct reference citation to something DTG has said to back up your opinions, and are just making things up.

21. ARuscoe

In other words I am taking what;'s happened in the past (and stated on stream last night) and going from that. DTG aren't going to state anything, mainly because they'll get ripped apart. Either way I think you've had your answer so either take it, or leave it. That's on you

22. Gronk Honker

So you freely admit you’re making it up. Good. Glad we cleared that up.

23. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

I am on Train Sim world 2 Xbox, but I still think SEHS should be extended to London Victoria. Also, including the Class 466 Networker.

• Like Like x 2
  24. ARuscoe

I was basing it on previous years that DTG have done this, and now we have had confirmation that they are doing the same this year. So say what you like, my assertion has proven correct in the stream of last weekend with further information forthcoming on 4th may

• Like Like x 1
  25. Gronk Honker

Say what you like as well, but an unevidenced opinion that happens to coincide with subsequent reality doesn’t mean you got it right.

All it means is your unfounded speculation got lucky.

To get it right, you would have needed to have based your initial opinion on substantive knowledge, not merely projections and supposition.

26. ARuscoe

So the same as any opinion or logic based on previous knowledge or facts, right? I mean just because the sky was blue last year and the year before that and the year before that doesn't mean that it will be this year or next?
    I'm done here.

27. Gronk Honker

The sky isn’t actually blue. Any physicist can tell you that.

It’s merely your perception of bent light that makes you think it’s blue.

In other words, the blueness is all in your head.

That’s quite an appropriate end to the conversation.

28. ARuscoe

Any physicist will tell you that the sunlight is scattered by the atmosphere but the wavelength of blue and purple light means it's scattered more etc etc yada yada
    But yes, the perception is that the sky is blue

From previous years of DTG releasing updated the PERCEPTION is that they'll do the same this year. And they are, as they have confirmed
    So an appropriate end to the conversation is that DTG have confirmed what was asked

• Like Like x 1
  29. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

They keep saying they won’t route extend.....

30. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This thread is a car crash.

• Like Like x 1