Nmrx | New Mexico Rail Runner Express

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VägAssLasse, Apr 17, 2021.

1. VägAssLasse

VägAssLasse New Member

NMRX_01.jpg

NMRX_logo.svg.png N M R X | N E W ·‏ M E X I C O · R A I L · R U N N E R · E X P R E S S

The New Mexico Rail Runner Express (NMRX) is a commuter rail system serving the metropolitan areas of Albuquerque and Santa Fe in New Mexico. It is owned by the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) and the Rio Metro Regional Transit District (Rio Metro), a regional transportation agency.

The
    Rail Runner operates on a 96.5 mile (155.3 km) north-south corridor between Belen and Santa Fe, which follows Interstate 25. A one-way ride from Belen to Santa Fe on the Rail Runner Express takes approximately 2 hours. Rail Runner has 15 active stations: 10 in the Sante Fe metro area, 2 serving Kewa Pueblo and rural areas of Santa Fe County, and 3 in Santa Fe. All have single side platforms 260 feet (3 cars) to 500 feet long except for South Capitol (which has two side platforms) and Downtown Albuquerque (which has longer island platforms). An additional station, Lobo Special Events Platform station, is unused.

The Rail Runner power includes 9 MotivePower MPI MP36PH-3C diesel-electric locomotives, 13 Bombardier BiLevel Coaches and 9 Bombardier BiLevel Cab cars. The livery of the New Mexico Rail Runner depicts a stylistic roadrunner on the locomotive and trailing tailfeathers on the coaches. The "door closing" tones resemble the signature “Beep-Beep” of the Warner Bros Road Runner cartoon character. Trains operate in a push-pull configuration, with the locomotive always facing south. When not in use, the vehicles are stored in a rail yard in downtown Albuquerque near the Alvarado Transportation Center.

R O L L I N G · S T O C K

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

S Y S T E M · M A P

[​IMG]

V I D E O S

B E E P · B E E P

Thank you for taking the time to watch and read this suggestion !

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Easy to do for Dovetail games because the trains are the same as Caltrain Baby Bullet MP36C & Bombardier Bilevel Coaches low level platforms only doors. What that means is the Caltrain version being Reskinned as the New Mexico Railrunner for this route.

3. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

I'd be glad to see it, in large part as I've loved that paintscheme for years

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Only downside to this is we wont see any freight services for this line...

1. This is BNSF territory, so that's obviously a no go for any of their equipment
    2. BNSF no longer sends freight over Raton, and only maintains a yard in Albuquerque (Though they have a good sized yard in Belen)

The good news however? This route would be another route eligible for Amtrak Long Distance equipment (Along with SPG, PC, and CC) as the Southwest Chief has a stop in Albuquerque.
    nm-rail-runner-and-amtrak.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Same and it's going be made as Reskinning the Caltrain MP36 Baby Bullet into this then the route. Because both Caltrain and Railrunner ordered both MP36 and Double Decker Coaches low platforms only from the years 2007-2014.