Tsw2 + Ts1 Another Steam Sale But As Always Consoles Left Out.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Apr 19, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So steam having another big tsw2+ts1 sale but as always console are forgoten about again,i really don't care who you want to blame for letting this keep happening.I don't have a problem with the full price but console players deserve at least a occasional sale opportunity they buy enough tsw2 content to be worth it.Btw alot of console players say they will wait for a sale sometimes i just hope some of us live long enough to see another one.

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It has been said many times before , dtg don’t decide when sales happen on console . It it up to Microsoft and Sony when sales happen , and whenever dtg can do a console sale they do . It is unlikely that this will change anytime soon

• Like Like x 3
  3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ps4 spring sale is still on, its xbox who always get left out

4. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

If you don't like the way consoles are treated, stop using them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

There are often sales on PS store, you just have to keep checking.

6. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

When Sony and MIcrosoft say no we are not allowing a sale then its not up to DTG to suddenly make one.
    And dont start with this its unfair argument that PC still has sales.
    Or do you really rather have DTG make less money -> less content in the future, just because
    consoles cant have a sale.
    With this type of argument you could also start the entire disscusion about mods and an editor anew.
    That pc users wont get because they are not able to be implemented on consoles.
    Atleast not in the foreseeable future.

7. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

With time and sales passing on I'm starting to doubt if it's really up to MS and Sony if a sale is started.

There is always something on sale on xbox, throughout all publishers and sometimes heavily discounted. Some games and DLCs are discounted nearly all the time and its more difficult buying them at full price... It feels (!) like only TSW is affected...
    What's not helping in this case is the fact that in the past years sales were much more frequent than they are now - so it must have worked sometime...

And even if, why not try to explain your business model to MS and Sony, to explain the necessity of sales? In every other business it would work like that.

As a customer you really feel treated like a 2nd class citizen. And then the money is spent otherwise.

Forgive me for being cynical but it seems like 'platform parity' is about as true as the 'football club xy- family' marketing terms..

• Like Like x 2
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This kind of post comes up offen and is not just me who brings it up so this isn't new.
    Really so when pc player get sales offen and on lots of great dlc's this doesn't result in less money for dtg?So only console sales result in less money,well if someone said this sooner i wouldn't have to ask about this topic anymore.

9. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

I think you misunderstood me, I meant that DTG would make less money without these sales because not everybody will buy things full price espacially if its something you a normaly not interested in.
    So its more off a less money than full price or no money situation for dtg.

And I really cant see why DTG should lie to us about MS and Sony dictating the Rules of their Plattforms

10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not everyone can afford a whole gaming pc setup though , so we have to play on console

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Take 2 and Blizzard have a LOT of muscle when they go in to negotiate with Microsoft. They can get better deals than small indies can.

At the other end, there are some low-selling games on permanent discount because they're the equivalent of the remainder rack at the record store.