Roadmap Update - 6th April 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 6, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ah. An interesting way to bring up children. Explains quite a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Yeah. Apparently they somehow "earn" respect on the streets nowadays. I too learned that you treat others respectfully first instead of waiting for them to treat you with respect. What goes around, comes around. Treat others as you want to be treated. But hey, what do I know.

• Like Like x 4
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

There is a really good ignore feature in the forums, DB628 is the second person to have succeed in making my ignore list. I highly recommend the feature especially when one demonstrates such poor manners as he has.

• Like Like x 6
  4. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

So you are saying that if someone does something good that earns respect you will ignore it? Wow!

mclitke you imply people on the streets do not earn respect (some do not I agree) then in your very next sentence you said you treat others respectfully, how does that work then?

Perhaps people are getting respect and polite mixed up. I was brought up to be polite to people but respect has to be earnt.

5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

All I read from this post is alot of word twisting and assumption so I am gonna leave it at that. If you think it's fine to communicate with others in the way said person did, i have nothing more to say to you.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Calling people "stupid" and "lazy" is not, in better circles, considered polite.

Personally I disagree with your default-state assumption. I assume every person is worthy of respect unless and until they prove otherwise. The other way round is often just an excuse for being a Karen.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Are you for real? Having people earn respect is the total opposite of a 'Karen. How does a 'Karen' earn respect? In fact it is people like you who give 'Karens' ammunition for their behaviour. Again politeness is different.

From what I read he didn't call anyone 'Stupid' infact in didn't insult anyone he inferred that DTG were being lazy. While 'Lazy' might not be the right word it is hardly that of a personal insult, you come across as a 'Karen' yourself.