Doppelstockwagen On Hamburg-lübeck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by seblay1608, Apr 11, 2021.

1. mc_pater

mc_pater New Member

I wonder if they are going to address this in the livestream in a few hours...

2. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

The destination missing from trains is a typical DTG bug which is present in basically every german DLC. So I'm 99% sure ithey will be missing on the release version as well.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling me, haven‘t remembered there was a livestream... If someone hears anything new on HBL I would be pleased to get told here, in this thread :)
    Thanks!

4. Swisstrains

I know, but on new routes this „bug“(it is no bug, just missing destinations that were written for the Pis) is mostly non existent, because the destination names are existent.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A lot of people thinking that the Dosto in the pictures might be a ‘placeholder’ for a different one. In a word, no. If it’s in the promotional screenshots you can guarantee it is the one in the release. The Dosto you see is the Dosto you will get.

When Matt was asked in the Railfan Fest live stream about this route, he was asked “What does this add to the German collection” and he answered about the two locos and said nothing about new Dostos. If there were new Dostos he would have said there were.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Swisstrains

I guess it helps, although I think it’s definitely not what we wanted to hear :(
    So I’ll just stick to my hope for new freight waggons haha, even the new containers for the MSB port would add a lot! But Adam already told us: They are not on the container waggons YET. I think for things like this we have to wait until DTG has more time, unless then we should be happy about all the cool and beautiful stuff we got, instead of complaining about the dirtiness of locos or “bleeding” of light (and yes, I know I’m complaining too, but I noticed that I didn’t realise the things we got in game because I was complaining)
    Cheers ;D

• Like Like x 2
  7. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

If really so, then this might be the first German DLC which I won't buy on day one. Basically rolling stock which I already have (except the BR 112, maybe) with obvious issues which haven't been fixed since last year(!) and a mediocre route isn't worth 30€ for me, compared to some other routes. I'll still watch the preview stream, hopefully that can sort of convince me to buy the route.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Swisstrains

hope we will se the stream soon, and someone told me (just read it, don’t know whether it’s true or not) that the 101 should be released on 5/6 May and HBL on 29/30 April...

9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I see it the same way. People are grabbing the last straws they can find here. I know I said it alot by now but I will say it again: Lower your expectations and you will be far more pleased with what you get.
    Or you still are unhappy with what you get even when you expected less, at which point it is absolutely fine to just not buy the product.
    Was hoping for the correct wagons as well, and felt it was fair to include them considering the trains in this route are not exactly 100% new. Stil in my head I said to myself "it will have the old Dostos for sure, so be ready to accept that." and thus I am not disappointed to have seen the old ones in the pictures, because I expected that
    And if they had made a different set of Dostos, I could have been way more excited because I would have been proven wrong.

And hoping that something will change on the last stretch before the release just because of "work in progress" Screenshots will only end up disappointing you more once it is released in the exact state as advertised.

• Like Like x 3
  10. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

I also kinda expected the old Dostos, however it really disappoints me that the issues (the lights bleeding for example) which haven't been fixed since Preserved Collection are brought over to this route and are not even fixed for this new release.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Adam

• Like Like x 4
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We need to write every day in the forum to give us the right Dostos and no recycling crap from for 3 years.
    Tell us something DTG Protagonist whats going on

• Like Like x 9
  13. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

As I expected a week ago, these are the dostos we get. Not only we get the old dostos, but we get also the old bugs of these dostos. That's amazing :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. mclitke

This will only get you a time out on the forums for spamming, as maybe needlessly linking the devs in your posts and your consistent use of gutter language all the time might do at some point.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

DB BR 425 on Main Spessart Bahn is the RB58 Laufach to Rüsselsheim service which requires HRR to use. Even the Hamburg-Lübeck DB BR112 can operate RB58 Laufach to Rüsselsheim only playable to Aschaffenburg via Hösbach. Here's the video of the HRR DB BR425 leaving Aschaffenburg for Laufach . In game you'll be held at Hösbach to let those Banker Eastbound trains use the Eastern platform at Laufach in order to Terminate the RB58 Rüsselsheim to Laufach service using HRR DB BR425 & Hamburg-Lübeck DB BR112 in addition to base route DB BR146.2 & RRO RSN DBBR143. Example is the DB 83117 Aschaffenburg to Laufach 09:37 freight train to which it becomes 83118 to Heigenbrücken then 83119 to Gemünden since it has a Bank Locomotive attached.

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is why I won't buy the route. The 143 is my least favorite german train and the 112 is basically a 143 but with more power. Not to mention that the route itself is not that interesting anyway. DTG says they want to make interesting routes yet they make this although that is just my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

No need. If you think dtg shouldn´t be recycling content, tell them with your wallet. Spamming will only get you in trouble

18. mclitke

I am actually quite looking forward to it, RE runs tend to be my favorites since you get decent speed and lengths in between stations. The only thing I kinda dislike about the 143 is the low Vmax, but it still provides a different driving experience to the 146.2.
    I have watched a cab ride video of this route and I can agree that it most likely won't be the most exciting route visually since there is not much special scenery but still I am quite excited.

Does anyone here know how the 112 is operated? Does it have an singular AFB lever like its cousin, a wheel or a throttle lever? You could not see it in said video.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

The 143/112 are really dull locos, I'll probably only get this if there is a good variety of layers, but that might just be being too optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

What trains could even be layered in this route?

21. mclitke

Br 101, maybe some additional freight runs, ice if they use wrong rolling stock (which with SKA and HMA they clearly don't mind)
    Don't know if there is more...

22. mrcharliemiggins2.0

Maybe the 101 and some freight, but other than that, probably nothing else

23. tallboy7648

the 101 apparently has 4 ic services that run on this route a day. I am not sure about the frequency of ice services though

24. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Judging from this picture from TS20xx, it has the same sort of dash layout like the BR 143, but with different guages in front. The throttle looks also very similiar to the one found on the BR 143, but I assume you can push it a bit further to the 160 km/h :)
    It has different brake handles though.

[​IMG]

So far I'm quite interested in this route. The BR 143 from Ruhr-Sieg Nord is my all time favorite locomotive to drive in TSW since the day it launched. The BR 112.1 included here should feel the same, only difference being the increased maximum speed of 160 instead of 120 km/h and a higher power output of 4000 kW instead of 3720 kW. I'll buy the route on day one, regardless of which DoSto's we get. Preferably it would be the correct ones, but I put my hopes low so I won't get dissapointed.

Sidenote for those who are interested in the BR 112, the one included in this DLC is the BR 112.1 due to the small headlights. The BR 112.0 would have had the same headlights as the BR 143.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DF54347E-95BB-49AD-9AAD-40ABB3666B55.jpeg 05B572B7-1B22-496F-9E16-514E0AF941FA.jpeg The 114 and 143 are the Same, but the 114 has more Top Speed like the 112.

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not bothered about the Dostos not being exactly right. We are talking about identical looking passenger coaches with the doors in a different place. Hardly crime of the century. The interiors will be affected of course but I don’t see them from the driving seat. Nothing is ever 100% correct in DTG routes and they are of course going to reuse models they have made in the past. They have lots of examples of trains running on the wrong routes and running different services than they might in real life. Nothing new here.

I see the Dostos the same as I see the Class 101 in the Diesel Legends pack. It should have been the Class 117 for that route, a multiple unit that looks a bit different but has the same engines, the same gears, the same cab layout, and would drive exactly the same for the player, so not a huge issue. There wasn’t enough difference between them in DTG’s eyes to warrant a new model being made. The different placing of the Dosto doors isn’t enough for DTG to make a new model. The cab car would be the same anyway so we’re not missing anything there, just door placement in the middle coaches. They either reuse the models or we get fewer DLC, that’s what it comes down to from their point of view. They can only make so many locos, coaches, wagons each month with their modelling team and outside contractors.

For us it would be better if we had more variety and everything was more prototypical but that generally isn’t going to be the case in TSW. There’s not really much point in complaining about things not being prototypical, you aren’t going to change how DTG do things. I don’t see it as a trainspotting game, I see it as a driving game, so as long as I can drive lots of different trains on lots of different routes, I’m happy. Even without every single item being completely new in every DLC we do have a lot of different stock to play with.

• Like Like x 8
  27. mclitke

I can't actually see the picture but your description amde sense. I just googled "DB BR 112 Führerstand" and got presented with some pictures, could have thought of that earlier ;)
    Cheers to you for your explanation!

• Like Like x 1
  28. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know the whole Doppelstock discussion created quite a number of threads. Has DTG replied to any of them by now? It's been 4 workdays so far.

29. mrcharliemiggins2.0

DTG have not responded to the feedback. But I hope that someone from the CM team have read the threads and passed on the feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  30. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Our best chance is waiting until a preview stream. That's usually the first time we get answers to some of our questions and explainaitions of choices, thanks to Sam and Matt, who do appreciate the value of talking back to the community.

Communication on the forums is usually one sided. DTG staff members read, but mostly dont respond to, things on the forums. The forums have always felt more like a place for players to discuss amongst themselves. Of course DTG staff do respond to threads where they see fit, but usually not to questions about upcoming or suggested content.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Which is a shame... if we were able to dig in soon enough, things could've been fixed. Now it's probably too late, the preview stream is definitely too late.

• Like Like x 2
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If DTG staff do glean anything from the many (many, many) threads on this topic and the BR 101 cab car, it should be this: the customer base are getting restive over skimpy rolling stock offerings with paid DLC. Yes, the cab car for the 101 would have been "a whole other loco" (more or less)- so what? (To belabor an oft-made point, the Baby Bullet came with one) - and they only model two coach types, not enough to make up an authentic IC train. Hamburg-Lubeck comes effectively with no new rolling stock at all, just two reskins. They couldn't even throw in a new freight wagon, much less the right Dosto!*

Now, I will freely give them credit for value-for-money in the case of Clinchfield (one all-new loco in 2 variants, plus another based on an older one but very significantly different from it, plus no fewer than five new cars). But otherwise? HMA got a new S-bahn, but besides that only a reskinned SKA ICE 3. LGV only has a single train. DLGW is just re-runs- and they couldn't even be bothered to reskin the 101! SEHS came with the Javelin, true- but the 375 is another reskin. The rolling stock offerings are getting a little on the thin side for $20-30. Compare the wealth of stuff that came with SPG, NTP or MSB.

*Freight wagons are much easier to model than passenger coaches, since they don't have interiors, lighting, doors, NPC interactions etc)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  33. tallboy7648

Maybe if dtg know that the customer base are getting annoyed over skimpy rolling stock with the dlc´s, then they´ll up their game next time. I really don´t buy the excuse that the 101 with the cab car would be two dlcs and thus costs twice as much due to the simple fact that the caltrain mp36 has a cab car and it is charged at standard price. Maybe they will learn next time that when you make a train and if it comes with a cab car in real life, they will add the cabcar

• Like Like x 2
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Or they'll just ditch the cab car train completely... hell the DLC is even missing the bistro car. They could've gone with the fact the mid-car and cab car for MP36 are similar and in an IC train, you basically have 4 types of coaches. They themselves went with this "second loco" excuse. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a whole IC consist if they were honest about it since the beginning. Even go and call it the "InterCity pack" to give it a feel of completeness.

• Like Like x 8
  35. tallboy7648

If there was an intercity pack, then I would want the DB Intercity IC2 and other intercity trains. I wouldn´t personally spend money on a pack that effectively comes with one train. That would not justify a higher price tag for one train

36. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Inflation is a real thing, and no business can continue to charge the same price for the same product for years on end. We all undertand that. But I'm wondering if what we are seeing is not unlike what the potato chip companies (that's "crisps" to y'all over there) do: instead of putting up prices, quietly reducing the package size from 12 oz. to 10.

But these aren't chips. They aren't fungible, any more than Hasbro keeping down the price of a GI Joe by selling it with one leg. I would happily pay a 10-15% upcharge to get a complete IC train with cab car, restaurant car etc; in this case, keeping the price down has not generated a sale but cost them one.

• Like Like x 7
  37. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I would be happy to pay €25 for a BR101+2IC Coaches and the cab car, the bistro could be a nice addition as well as long as it doesn't require a lot of work, but for the slightly higher price would be I would also expect this IC pack to add services to HRR, HMA and maybe even RRO.

• Like Like x 3
  38. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Exactly. In fact what we are seeing is a massive inflation as the same amount of money is charged for less and less content. Our local football club tried this once by reducing the beer size to 0.4l. Didn't work too well surprisingly.

In fact I can't see much progress in production skills and quality as we were told those things would improve over time.

Anyway meanwhile my disappointment turned into a form of languidness as I don't think our feedback has any effect on the companies' policy. There were countless attempts, some maybe too critical but many very constructive, yet almost everyone not even acknowledged. Must be some software industry specific thing because if such a attitude was present at the companies I have to deal with they would be in serious trouble within a short amount of time - or be hiring new employees very soon...
    But well. We obviously can't change it and if DTG runs fine with that it's okay for me. I don't want them to get into trouble or to have to abandon their projects.

And since there are basically no sales on xbox anymore my gaming money gets spent otherwise. I'm still enjoying TSW but don't get any interest at all in the new content because of those deficits.

And after all it's just a game and unluckily there are more severe problems around for most of us at the moment...

• Like Like x 3
  39. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I wonder if the 112 will have the same in cab issuse as the 143 with the fact that it's data screen will just be a blank space?

• Like Like x 1
  40. tallboy7648

It probably will which wouldn´t be a suprise

• Like Like x 3
  41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Again... they're the ones setting this "same price" policy. They didn't say anything about stripping content though. On the contrary, they've mentioned improvements in the automation of content generation. They themselves have basically said "we're making work more effective, we can soon create more content for the same effort/money", yet the game moves mostly in an opposite direction (apart from CRR, which turns out to be a very interesting exception).

• Like Like x 4
  42. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

So far, I've seen a few pictures. I can't get an opinion on the whole creation from that. I would like the Dosto wagons to be upgraded. Mainly internal and external information boards, interior lighting, translucent roof of wagons. I wait until the live broadcast, then I decide to buy. And an important question. Will there be any restrictions for the console?

• Like Like x 1
  43. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Baby Bullet come with it's own cab car? I don't remember it being priced as 2 DLCs. The IC cab car would have been nice...

• Like Like x 2
  44. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Don't forget NEC sold the metrolink cab car as a add on for it's amtrak train.

45. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Along with an extra switcher. Services without the cab car are extremely frequent there, with it they're somewhat rare, adding it in a DLC... WITH A LOCO makes sense.

46. tallboy7648

That is true which makes the dtg's statement about the cab car and why it can't come for the 101 utter hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 3
  47. tallboy7648

Maybe the reason why clinchfield came out so well is because it has been in development for a very long time and perhaps dtg took their time with that route compared to previous ones

48. Swisstrains

For those of you who have not seen the stream this evening:
    Sam told us, that the Feedback on the wrong Dostos have been delivered but he hasn’t got news.
    In my opinion it sounded like they are thinking about adding these in an update or even in the route, but I could be wrong and that’s just what I think he sounded like!
    So:
    No news, but:

“Your strength of feedback has been heard”~Sam

• Like Like x 3
  49. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Nah, it's more like they are considering paying a bit more attention to such details on future routes. Hamburg Lubek will 100% have the low entry Dostos.

• Like Like x 3
  50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s also on all Nrw Routes wrong, because here was also high entry when I’m right.