Db Br 101 What Is Going On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Apr 21, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Where is she?
    Ain't no pre-purchase.
    Ain't no wide info about her.
    Ain't no sunshine.
    I am angry :D

Is the release date tomorrow?

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

3. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I just watched a video and it seems to add 30 services to HRR, so with all the layers activated there are now a total of 404. And 3 scenarios as usual.
    First impression is that it looks very good, both loco and coaches, well detailed. Also good sounds are appreciated. What I found curious is that they have put the same horn as the ICE, I don't know if this will be so irl.
    The pity is that this beautiful train looks a bit dull on such a short route.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

“The Godfather”? What???

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Found this in the Twitter comments \o/

6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

By the way, the PIS in the stations in HRR with all these services is very much missed. Hopefully the preservation team will add it soon.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hopefully it's only in scenarios like this, which is quite common in TSW.

8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I love the DB BR 101, and I wouldn't want to spoil the party. But this morning I made 2 Timetables from Bochum to Duisburg with the 425. 4 stops. Arrived in perfect time in less than 25 minutes. Now, the 101 between Bochum and Duisburg stops only in Essen Hbf and the maximum speed allowed on that route ranges from 160kmh (Bochum-Essen) to 140kmh (Essen-Duisburg). I sincerely hope they will include Intercities in a route from Intercities such as HMA. I mean, in a section where we can fully appreciate the peculiarities of a modern Intercities = Maximum speed over 160kmh and LZB active. Because between Bochum and Duisburg the Intercities are no different from a RE 146 or a RB 425.

Do we have the Scenario Planner? If only it were complete, but unfortunately it is only a "draft" as well as the livery editor limited to 300 shapes and without the possibility of saving and reusing the logos we create.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hope it will be usable in HHL. I miss HRR and will buy 101 without a doubt ASAP, but it looks a bit poor now (content / possibilities).
    PS The sounds are nice. Eg wagons from the outside.

10. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

There is a loco on the other end of the train! That makes it usable on MAG, they could eventually add layers.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Since 2018 I have been asking and waiting for the DB BR 101. So for me it will still be an instant buy. The problem (or limit) mentioned above, however, is evident. I hope they resolve.

• Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

First impression - relaxing. I will be pleased for sure and I hope it can be bought tomorrow.
    PS This premiere is strange. Maybe that's just my impression.

• Like Like x 3
  13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s really bizarre the way the 101 has been handled, it’s an incredibly popular loco, yet we’ve not really seen or heard anything, other than the discord bot announcing the release date, followed by a confirmation on Twitter and also by Nat here, but the only pre release look we get is from Australian players who get to access the content before most of us here.

Also the fact that it’s missing the cab car is very strange too, I’ve had the discussions and reasoning behind the decision but still, it’s iconic, and makes the 101 all that more special, and it’s like seeing the Caltrain consists or dostos without the cab car.

Then there’s the route choice, which apparently was chosen because HRR wouldn’t require any changing ends, but then we have consists which have a 101 on either side anyway, so they still could of added the 101 in elsewhere.

Bizarre release for sure, but not especially surprising from DTG.

• Like Like x 19
  14. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the DB BR 101 be available in scenario planner? I really want to stretch the locos legs on HMA and SKA. Putting the 101 on HRR is a poor choice considering of how short the route is. I mean an average journey from end to end is under 20 minutes max in the 425.

• Like Like x 1
  15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

That's right, they have given little publicity to this launch. The last one, which was 465, was promoted much more. I guess they've got their heads full of upcoming updates and things they've announced and this hasn't been given much priority. In fact, the route the 101 runs on didn't seem to be a big DTG bet when it was released either.
    HRR was the last TSW 2020 route and they were probably already deep into TSW 2, so you can't say it was a bomb.
    And now putting the 101 only on this route feels a bit wasted, or at least that's my own opinion.
    It's like buying a racing bike to just pedal down the hallway at home.

• Like Like x 4
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

At least there will be some nice passenger locomotive there. 143 and 146 are not in their top form right now. The question of one of my colleagues above about Scenario Planner is most interesting.

PS HRR has its own unique atmosphere and it will definitely be a nice addition - but it is a short route, especially for such a train. Still, can't wait. Gimme!

17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

If there’s a conspiracy theorist in me, it’s telling me that the 101 may have been strategically placed on HRR to maybe get some sales out of HRR, HRR has its issues in terms of value, but it’s biggest downfall is that it doesn’t really offer anything unique unlike the other German DLC’s, with the 101, it now has something that can promote its ‘value’.

• Like Like x 3
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But what would be the reason for promoting HRR?
    EDIT It would promote another potential purchase of another route just as well.
    I like the Bauhaus side of this route, but I don't understand why this restriction comes from - only here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2021
  19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Just finished my first service with the 101.

Wow, just wow, this add-on is on another level compared to everything else I own, it will make it very difficult to go back to normal, I'm completely blown away by the sheer quality of the interior and exterior model, the physics feel so real and the sounds are not only working, but very good as well. You can tell how much work TSG did to this model.

I thought the Class 465 was about as good as trains were going to be in TSW, I was very very wrong.

The services are actually not too bad, they manage to feel different from the very similar RE services (a loco as good as that really helps), although at the end they make you feel like you want more, as you stare the end of the map in front of you, but I do hope either the preservation team manages to put it in some way or another on some older routes or it will be featured in future routes.

I bought it because I had €5 I won from the Microsoft Rewards and I was happy to think about it as a launch discount, but due to the very low gameplay value I don't know whether it's worth the money, but the loco model itself is definitely worth it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, it's never a good question - is it worth the price. I am interested in quality.
    But it's a relief! Thanks for this post, FD1003 :)
    Now I'm unhealthily excited \o/

• Like Like x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s an odd release for sure. It looks like most of the services are 15 minutes in duration. Fine if you have a spare 15 minutes to fill but very short even by TSW standards. It looks like a fine model of course and I do like HRR as a place to drive trains and it will also add to the look of the route, but even being someone who would like to buy everything TSW this looks like one to let rest in the shop for a good length of time. No wonder they didn’t make a cab car, it would never have made much of a difference to the DLC’s apparent lack of substance and potential sales. They’ve not really bothered promoting it either. On a desirability scale, despite the excellent loco, I’d put this just above the 204, which is itself only saved from the bottom spot by the M3. Such a shame.

• Like Like x 4
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I agree, unless you really are into german locos or you are a collector you are better off buying any other DLC really... I'd say even the 204 could be more desirable as it opens up a new area in MSB.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

When the DB BR 10 comes out, I may use it on scenario planner (if available) on HMA. I haven't touch it yet besides doing the collectibles. It will be the alternative solution for me until whenever they add the layers back.

• Like Like x 1
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

FD1003, and what with Scenario Planner?
    Could you have a look? :)

25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I guess you mean the available consists/formations.

DB BR101 + IC Coaches x11 [Empty]
    DB BR101 + IC Coaches x11 [Loaded]
    DB BR101 + IC Coaches x7 [Empty]
    DB BR101 + IC Coaches x7 [Loaded]
    DB Bauherie 101

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Thx, yeah, but - it is possible to use it on SKA, HMA, etc?
    PS Theoretically - rhetorically - but :)

27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ahahahahah yes of course (I knew I didn't get that question), no off the rails required. Although I thought they might have included top and tail formations.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The 2 Locos Sandwich just in the HRR Scenario.

The famous Texture Glitch in the Cockpit is back on the 101 on HRR, the Same issue like on 422 and 425 on the Same Route.

• Like Like x 6
  29. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

So the 101 is a instant buy for me as well. Would appreciate your help to know if they run in the other German routes so I can create some scenarios for it. Scenario sharing is one thing I miss from TS classic. I don't see it on the roadmap but perhaps it might be on the radar. We will never know until it gets on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  30. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

So apart from Hauptstrekce Rhein-Ruhr, does anyone know if the BR101 appears in the timetable for any other route? I absolutely love the modeling and the sounds and everything about the train itself, but what about the gameplay? I feel as though this is one area that's iffy about this DLC, and I would love to know more about it before I make that purchase decision.

• Like Like x 2
  31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s just on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr Timetable :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Just completed all 3 scenarios and for me it is just a WOW. The sound of the loco is incredible and also the coaches are very detailed. I'm italian and they are very similar to the italian IC and express train (in the past). However it is funny to drive, and with the new 30 services the HRR route is very fully of services, up to 404. Tried on SKA with scenario planner and yes work perfectly, the only thing is that the LZB work but just onthe game HUD and not on the desk of the loco, i little patch can fix it, nothing of abnormal. However if you like german train for the price is a mush have. And yes...... if dtg will layer it on other route (4 - 8 service too, i don't ask the moon) this one will be one of the best loco-dlc. Also some depot operation and train formation will be a good features (maybe on HMA, and yes i know that there isn't the cab car but i prefer the old style, with a second loco that will be connect on the other side from depot or a shunting loco, for more services on timetable). Again thanks DTG and try to layer it where is possible.
    Just an info, a services on HRR normally takes 20/23 minutes so it is not too short as it seems.

• Like Like x 5
  33. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Played all 3 scenarios and took it on the high speed line on HMA, just to stretch its legs. Takes a while to get up to speed though, been getting some wheel spin on 60 percent throttle and it’s sluggish to make it move. Reminds me of the ACS-64 on NEC! That train needs some encouraging to get it moving!

• Like Like x 1
  34. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Can the IC coaches be uncoupled for each other?

• Like Like x 1
  35. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Does someone remember how HRR was "released"? I think it's consequent to release a loco DLC for this route the same underwhelming way.

Edit: ... just to add I bought the route then on release and will do the same with the loco ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  36. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

1) DB BR 101 + DB BR 411 ICE-T + about 65Km or route = 26€ (until tomorrow) otherwise 30€ without the ICE-T add-on.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1429757/Train_Simulator_Bahnstrecke_Riesa__Dresden_Route_AddOn/

2) Can we replicate this livery with our powerful Livery Designer? Absolutely no!
    Dresden-Riesa is a 2021 recent route add-on, not an old discounted content.

I'm just saying that for 30 Euros they could at least give us a fully functional product (you said that the LZB only displays it on the HUD) and usable in almost all German routes without having to resort to the Scenario Planner which among other things it is a "fetecchia" because, among other things, and to be concise, it does not give you the arrival times. And paradoxically they give us a DB BR 101 without the possibility of using it for freight transport.

Have you noticed how even the engine sounds are much more complex / full-bodied and not flat?

• Like Like x 1
  37. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

The price is 13,99€ if I remember correctly.

The 101 is not a usual freight loco, but mainly used for intercity services.

• Like Like x 1
  38. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

Can somebody confirm that the PZB Lights in the cab under the tachograph are not dark if the PZB-Switch is activated?

• Like Like x 1
  39. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

7orenz In TS, it is much easier to produce in contrast to the TSW locomotive. TSW is much harder because in TSW things driving relevant to be successful. al

• Like Like x 1
  40. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I know well, in fact my request is another. As you can read in my previous post, for 30 Euros I expect a fully functional product that can also be used in the other DLCs without having to resort to a Scenario Planner that works at 30%.

Paulo: Yep, but it is also used for the freight services, so don't understand why they have to give it to us only to tow the Intercities, especially in the Scenario Planner, where there are no arrival times. Whereas we are purchasing a premium product.

41. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It is a strange release, I can agree there. Comms have been very quiet on it, and it's only if you follow them on social media that you'd be aware the release is today.

It's such a shame that they couldn't add a proper timetable into HMA (obviously the layers issue on console doesn't help), as this is a train that needs more than what HRR can offer.

Of course, it would be more appealing if the scenario planner was better or if we could properly share scenarios, as at least then the DLC would have more content

• Like Like x 3
  42. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is normal practice for loco DLC. No announcement before of the release date, no discount and so on. I think it will release today and there will be a stream. So no need to hurry to the store.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Are you sure about that?
    Last time I've checked, DB Fernverkehr did not have any freight trains and used the BR 101 for 99,99% on IC trainsets.

• Like Like x 3
  44. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Do you want a "milicious" answer? It is difficult to manage the market when you have an internal conflict of interest. The imperative is to obtain maximum profits from both, without either burying one or burying the other. Do you want the most beautiful train? Take TSW, isn't it enough for you because it has infinite restrictions (not all hardware related)? Also get the TS version.

And that's how I end up with 2 TSW (Xbox and PC) and 1 TS2021.

Note: Who in their place would not do the same thing? The point, if anything, is the reason for having the feet in two different products of the same identical kind. A bit as if I were the owner of both Ferrari and Lamborghini at the same time.

45. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Since (among other things) in the Scenario Planner we can insert (few, in some cases, very few) trains without the possibility of having a stop or arrival time, I wonder why not at least offer us the possibility of inserting a freight train pulled by the 101 like this one below in the picture. Note: even a little to compensate for all the other shortcomings.

101 freight.jpg

question: can you also tell us in percentage how many Intercities travel without a driver's carriage (aka cabcar)?

• Like Like x 1
  46. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I think there are highly talented people here who can manage that. I'll also try this (though I'm not 'highly talented').

• Like Like x 2
  47. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Because with HRR there was no freight originally. So no freight cars that come with HRR. We have to wait for the consist editor which will come at some point, but it might take a long time.

48. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I have no doubts about the talent of the community. But I am certain about the limitations of the TSW2 Livery Editor. With 300 shapes you do not reproduce the "100" logo as you see it in the photo. Nor can you reproduce the Canadian Pacific identical to the real counterpart. There are numerical limits, talent and optimization/redundancy have nothing to do with it.

s-l1600.jpg

CANADIAN-PACIFIC-BEAVER.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  49. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

On HRR about 10% (3 or 4 services) run without a cabcar in real life.

And by the way, don't trust "Bahnbilder.de". Just because there is a picture of something it doesn't have to be a common thing. It is kinda the other way around, the more pics you find, the less common is this train (Most trainspotters follow a rare train and tell others about it, so you get many pics from an uncommon train).

• Like Like x 3
  50. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

For example, if you are at Essen Hbf station, how many different trains do you think you will see?
    Speaking of immersion (overused, abused, personalized and even distorted term) do you think you only see 143, 155, 182, 185, 422, 425 ... and 101 pass by? Is this what many define as immersive because it is likely? And the Thalys, the Suwex, the ICEs and the many other trains (I am speaking of type, of different models, not of number or frequency) where they are. Is it really immersive and likely to have 7 models (out of 50+?) Of trains in all? And note that I'm talking about the most rolling track in the whole game. So you don't want a 101 on the Koln-Aachen just because, right now, there are rarely services pushed by the 101 on that route? It is not madness but almost.

So am I wrong in thinking that immersion here on the forum is seen as purely personal? Is it immersive to see only red trains with zero ICEs services on the HRR? Is it immersive and likely to use the Scenario Planner and create a semi-deserted route (often, see LGV, but not only) and travel without an arrival or stop time?

• Like Like x 1