PC One Of Two Things Will Happen Now

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mark3, Apr 24, 2018.

?
  1. Yeah, this will wake them up.

53.3%
  2. No, they'll drive themselves out of business

46.7%
  1. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I'm sad to see what happened to FSW, but at the same time not totally surprised. DTG doesn't have a huge staff or large financial backing like other large developers, but I'm hoping we do hear some news about new TSW content soon. It's good to hear things are all fine, but as FSW shown, DTG can pull the plug with no warning (although this was their first failure in a sense).

I'm sure the way TSW brings in money though helps keep the project much more sustainable. The one thing it really needs though is improved content output. FSW suffered from the same issue, the limited content turned a lot of users away and had trouble holding onto people who were interested. I do hope we eventually see DTG ramp up the workforce to help improve content quality and output, and that FSW helps shine a light on better product management.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yes, essentially. Scenarios are just there to tell a story, if you like. They can be made as realistic or as fictional as the scenario creator decides.

• Like Like x 1
  3. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I dread to think what the next big announcement will be, I certainly hope I'm wrong in what I think it will be.

4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Thanks for that explanation, makes sense.

On a separate note, is it me or have the ratings on Steam for this game slowly been going down?
    Everyday I go on this website to see what changes have been made - https://steamdb.info/app/530070/history/
    On the right hand side it shows the overall rating which is currently at 64.00%. A few days ago it was a high 64, tomorrow I think it will drop down to 63%.

This can’t be good for advertising.

5. Mark3

Mark3 Member

In general, I think most of DTG's sims and DLC's have had unfavorable ratings through time with TS, TSW and FSW and the Fishing game. Only some 3rd party DLC's, like Smokebox or Reepo have been very positive. Definitely not good for business, but sadly nothing new.

6. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

At the moment it's stagnant, but it's actually been mostly rising since release. It used to be closer to 60 %.
    I don't expect it to reach Mostly Positive before stuff like a throttle fix and an editor is out though.
    The rating on steamdb isn't correct anyway though because it counts reviews that Steam filters out. On Steam it's 65 % atm.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

I presume that's the case, scenarios are completely scripted as in TS

8. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Yeah I dread Pacers too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I reckon most would tolerate pacers in preference to TSW getting the FSW treatment.

• Like Like x 2