Db Br 101 What Is Going On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Apr 21, 2021.

1. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Their argument for not including the cabcar was it would cost more time, so I assume the dostos cabcar was an easy 5 minute job.. I could look past the missing cabcar if there were services on other routes as well but at this point it's very poor gameplay quality (despite the loco itself looking good)

• Like Like x 5
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Agreed. But it is possible. In the last roadmap stream Adam explained that he wanted to include the 101 in RT as well but found a problem with that, so it is 'just' the 406 included in RT.
    As you can see, there was an effort by the Pres Coll. team. So maybe they find a way to make a new timetable for RRO for example. Or at least include ICE3s in HRR when they start working on that route.
    And Hamburg-Lübeck is also ahead, it was neither denyed nor confirmed that the 101 has a layer there as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Ehh no. The 101 is a DB Fernverkehr Loco and did just a few unsucessful freight Test runs. Saying its also a freight loco is like saying the Class 101 was common on London-Reading. Its only used for passenger Operations nowadays.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

One more reason to insert the LZB in the train's special display and to update the Scenario Planner with the arrival and stop times. Which I've been writing since the beginning.

5. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

That will hopefully be fixed in week 1 patch. The Class 465 also got a Week 1 patch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

To sum it up:
    • No cab car.
    • Can only be used in 1 route at the moment.
    • It seems LZB is not working in the cab (works in the UI). <-- Edited: PS4 issue, works fine on PC.
    Sad to say this but I will keep the money in my pocket for the time being. To tell you the truth, I was ready to pay more for it if it included the cab car and a couple routes to play it in at release (I'm counting more will be added when Adam's team works on suitable routes in any case).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  7. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Uhh there seems to be a problem with this DLC on Steam. It is accidentally listed at 29,99 euros instead of 13,99. Surely this will be fixed soon? Locos have always been 13,99 (look at the very recent Class 465). Asking 30 euros for this and then crying 'developing a cab car would be the same as developing a completely separate loco'; well if you're gonna charge us the price of two locos you might as well actually build two! This is criminal...

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

it is a mistake - will be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Man, calm down. It is stated to be an error.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

This loco DLC is $30 and not $20 like the other ones. I guess I will have to hold off until it goes on sale. This is a odd decision to price it similiar to a route DLC

11. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

How often again? IT IS AN ERROR!

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Trains are more exciting than chess!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haribo112

Quick question before I actually calm down; how do we know this? Did DTG announce that it will be fixed?

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

here

• Like Like x 1
  15. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

So they screw up the LZB in the cab? Man, this QA team is really top notch!

• Like Like x 1
  16. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

Simply: Yes

• Like Like x 4
  17. Haribo112

There are no scenarios or services on routes that have LZB, so why would they care...

18. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

On Steam now at €26.99 (10% discount included)

19. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

It's an error, will be rectified

• Like Like x 1
  20. Larwan

Larwan Member

Means "problems with the LZB" that the cab lights for it aren't working or that there ist no LZB in the locomotive at all? Without LZB I really have to think about buying it.

21. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

About LZB and indicators: The loco does have full working LZB implemented and it was all tested and it was working as expected so far. No need to blame anyone. The problem, whatever it is, may lay on a very different thing that needs to be digged out first.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. JAAK

JAAK Member

good to know thx!

23. Larwan

Larwan Member

Maik Goltz ok thanks. That's good! I wasen't sure about it..Bugs happen that not a big Problem, I hope this will be fixed soon.

24. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I wonder if this LZB means you can run the ICE 3 on LZB in HRR

25. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I think it refers to HMA or SKA on console version (?)

26. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

No there is no LZB on HRR in reality and in the game.

27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

it is related (loco and route)
    roadmap quote as an example:

28. Larwan

Larwan Member

@revi I think you can't use the LZB on HRR because there is no LZB technic at the rails. But when you use the Br 101 on the LZB tracks at Munich -Augsburg or Cologne - Aachen you can use LZB in the locomotive..

29. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Thanks. I thought the LZB applied to HRR since that is where the loco is originally supposed to go. This clears it up.

30. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten the BR 101 yet, as I'm on PC. However the currently to me it seems a case of 'Whats there is quite good, very good even, but there is not that much actually there'. With that impression I think I'll be buying it, just because it's my favourite loco, but I'm still thinking about it.

• Like Like x 1
  31. BAZ

BAZ Member

You can get the 101 at regular price on the Dovetail store if you cant wait for the price to be fixed on steam.

• Like Like x 1
  32. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So what's the famous in cab glitch?It says the 422 425 and the new 101 have it.

33. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Why always look for problems? Choose the light :)

34. jolojonasgames

Thanks, I have enough patience though, I like the thought of keeping it all in one place :).

35. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Two confirmed services in Hamburg-Lübeck, not much but at least we can use it on the route without the scenario planner!

• Like Like x 4
  36. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

10% launch discount on Steam for the 101. Don't know if it's a mistake since typically only routes get the discount, but I'll take it.

• Like Like x 1
  37. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Even though only 2 services on Hamburg - Lübeck isn't much, it will bring some variety to that route, as the only other passenger train that will be there is the BR 112 + Dostos (haven't heard of passenger train layers for this route, I could be mistaken). Images from DTG's release article of the BR 101 on HBL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I just completed the tutorial for the BR 101. It sounds awesome and drives magnificent, even though it accelerates slow and prakes are poor. But it has a long rake of coaches behind it which are pneumatically braked so it does make sense why it takes some time before the brakes really "kick in". It's not like a long ICE or any other EMU, who's brakes are all electrically applied so all of them "kick in" the moment you apply brakes. It does makes the experience of driving the BR 101 a bit more challenging :)

If anyone at DTG reads this, I want to say thank you. Even though the release of this DLC wasn't without obstacles, I'm still very happy with the German Intercity icon we got. Just make sure the release of the next DLC goes a bit more fluent, okay? ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Since this thread seems to have evolved into a general discussion of the 101 now, I‘ll share my impressions.

My main concern was gameplay and it‘s still true that the 101 feels a bit limited on HRR with no LZB etc, but I was pleseantly surprised by the timetable mode. While the services themselves are just A-B, with all of the layers going on, you‘re always busy. I encountered a lot of adverse signals and there was barely a minute without meeting other trains.

The scenarios are a mixed bag. The first two don‘t offer much different from timetable runs apart from having a 101 sandwich in the second one. The third scenario is excellent however as it invloves diverting your train due to wheather conditions.

On a visual level, there isn‘t much to say. Both the 101 and the IC coaches look stunning. A lot of attention was payed to minor details and even stuff like the window lock works.

Since Maik has already talked about the 101‘s physics and is way more knowledgable than me, I won‘t comment on that.

As we‘re used to by now, this is yet another DLC with TSG involvement with excellent sounds. The 101 itself sounds good, but one thing I‘d recommend is positioning yourself (or the 8 cam) trackside when an IC thunders past at 160. It sounds spectacular :D

The only real problem I encountered thus far is that the PZB/LZB indicators don‘t light up in timetable mode on Playstations (as far as we know currently, it seems PS only). But the trick of reloading the loco by moving the camera far enough away works as a workaround.

Some basic informations for those who haven‘t heard yet. The 101 does not add layers to any other German routes but will add two services to Hamburg-Lübeck. It does not substitute for any other loco at the moment.

• Like Like x 6
  39. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Is it immersive that on SEHS you get 375s running to Gravesend (or onwards) or 465s apparently starting at London Bridge?
    Nope, but that's what we have.
    This is a game, with restrictions and things which DTG just do, not a simulation of real life, limited to what you have in real life
    It sucks, but there it is

40. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Tried on ps5 just on SKA. And for me the LZB indicators doesn't works. The only thing that work is the analogic indicator of the current speed.
    For the PZB everythings works ok for me. 500 and 1000 indicator and the 70 85 works perfect. I need to try on HMA to be sure.

41. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Matt just used LZB in Munich - Augsburg (scenario planner), PC version, and it worked fine. It seems it is a PS only issue.
    I have updated my post above with this new info.

They also added some controls on the sides of the coaches to change brake configurations. This is for advanced users. You do not need to touch this if you do not want to. Works fine as it is by default.

• Like Like x 1
  42. delucadomenico2009

Thanks for the info.
    About brake configuration for coaches, i'm a driver in real life so they are the first thing that i checked yesterday when i tried the Dlc. Happy to see this feature too

• Like Like x 2
  43. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth, I do not have the knowledge to use this kind of feature and I doubt many people do. If DTG expects us to be able to use this kind of thing they better provide some good manuals and tutorials.

44. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

About SEHS I only have the version for consoles and with "closed" stations (St Pancras and Ebbsfleet) and the 395 which does not even convince me in terms of performance (besides the fact that it only travels 1/3 of the HS, my main interest) so I will avoid spending unnecessary money and buying it back also for PC. And I think I was more than exhaustive.

The real one appears to accelerate twice as fast, plus it reaches 140mph in a flash.
    (note: obviously I mean over the HS section)

45. delucadomenico2009

I think it too. But i think that they have done it because it was easy and fast to create but without change a lot the gameplay feeling. There are a lot of theese things in the game (thinking about the shutting mode for br185 for exemple) that maybe, maybe, in the future could make this game much "sim" than just a game. However the feeling until now is really incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Artful

Artful Member

I couldn't find this mentioned but think it has been answered on a previous DTG livestream, Is the DB BR 101 on the Raildriver Beta list ?

Thanks Rob

47. jolojonasgames

Having played the 101 a bit now I'd like to make a few observations:

The good:
    • Really good models, as usual
    • The sound is amazing (thanks Maik Goltz :))
    • The overall feel is very nice
    • It has all the systems you'd expect: SIFA, PZB, LZB and AFB are all present and working as they should as far as I know (though I've heard PlayStation has some issues with LZB)
    • There are pro's to having it on HRR in my opinion. It is a more challenging route where LZB doesn't hold your hand. You have to be in control of the speed, and you have to keep an eye on upcoming speed limits. And believe me, HRR has a lot of speed changes. It definetely gets challenging with PZB and SIFA on, HRR can get very difficult, because of the "Geschwindigkeitsprüfabschnitte" (two PZB magnets placed close to eachother, that monitor wheter you have braked enough to reach the upcoming speed limit, if you fail you'll get a good old Zwangsbremsung). The 101 also doesn't brake like an S-bahn EMU, making HRR even more challenging because you have to anticipate braking, but can't overdo the brakes because you actually have a timetable to stick to. This challenge is where the fun is at for me. For the non-experienced player it should still be more then playable without the safety systems though.
    • Brings back nostalgia
    • I personally have some great memories as a passenger on board of these trains, this does bring them back a bit :)
    The bad:
    • Horn on the outside isn't great
    • Lacking cab car, enough has been said about this, I've suggested options for adding it after all, check them out here
    • Even though HRR has pro's, it also has con's, the route length feels very short for an IC loco, and you can't get it up to 200 km/h anywhere on the route.
    • 30 services, with some of them only half the route length. This does impact the replayability a lot for me.
    • No layers on other routes for now. It will have (a whopping) 2 services on Hamburg - Lübeck, I hope we'll see more in the future.
    • Left Multifunction-Display isn't accurate yet. Matt did note this and I do expect it to be fixed.
    There is also a wheelslipping thing above a certain power setting, I've not listed it as pro or con, because I'm not sure whether that is prototypical or not.

• Like Like x 3
  48. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

yes it is supported by Raildriver beta

• Like Like x 1
  49. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘ve got to admit, the more I play around with the 101, the more is HRR growing on me. I just took the 101 out for a spin on SKA just to get some 200km/h LZB action and I noticed that while it was great to go that fast, I actually enjoyed the 101 more on HRR. That‘s not to say that the 101 isn‘t fun with LZB and so on, but the fast pace, adverse signals and the many Geschwindigkeitsprüfabschnitte complement the 101 very well.

• Like Like x 3
  50. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Very first impressions. This is what it should be and should be every time.