PC Arosa Rhb Ge 4/4 Ii Raildriver Implementation Is Awful

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paul.pavlinovich, Apr 22, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if anyone tried to drive a train with RailDriver and the RhB Ge4/4? Firstly, thanks for the update Jasper_Rivet even though its weird its welcome. There are some issues though that while it is playable they make it pretty awful.

• The locomotive brake is backwards, on RailDriver when the brake is applied, it is released in the loco and vice-versa.
    • When you manipulate controls the headlights and wipers often but not always go on and off randomly - the RailDriver switches need some hysteresis because they always change a little when you change other controls
    • The throttle Fahrem/Bremsen wheel is awful to use with the RailDriver throttle because of the frantic movements as you move through the "idle" detent between throttle and braking. There would be a couple of ways to address this - either don't use the readings while the lever is in the indent at all (this is how it is in all other trains) so there is a gap between throttle and braking or put the reverser onto the up/down buttons and use the reverser lever as it has no detent. There are lots of examples of this working well in TS2021.
    • The throttle is jerky and fine control is impossible - you cannot get to 2.5 and 3.3 at all with RD
    • Why waste so many buttons with headlight1, 2, and 3 when there is a three position switch that also works?
    • There is no button to put on the internal passenger carriage lights
    • The button labelled headlight 3 does do not headlight 3 it does doors lock
    • Next and Prev Cam buttons don't do anything
    • Cab Light buitton does nothing
    • Gauge Light button does nothing (instead these follow the headlights)
    • The couple buttons don't seem to do anything
    Hopefully these things will get addressed in a future update. If you want a beta tester with RD please let me know I would be happy to help.

Paul

• Like Like x 5
  2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have to agree with all your observations above. The Raildriver implementation is extremely poor for this locomotive. I had the wipers coming on when setting the headlights and then occasionally coming on at random where I could not use Raildriver to turn them off. If I put the switch to left position, the left wiper would come on and right go off. Center position both would stop then right come on, right position, left on, right off. Had use the in cab switches to turn off what offend wiper was on.

Do not know if is my set-up, but it appears that TSW2 “re-scans” the Raildriver occasionally and I get the in screen prompts 9f the status of my light, throttle etc, as if I had just moved the switch or throttle.

Really disappointed with this implementation compared to using TSClassic on the Arosa line with Cobra One driver interface.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m experiencing exactly the same.

I assume the locomotive brake being backwards was so that it matches the movement on the screen.

The throttle handing is the biggest issue for me, I had to revert to keyboard to get 3.5 as it’s on the same notch as 33. Don’t recall having an issue with 2.5 though. Generally a poor implementation. Though better than nothing. I did at least find it easier driving downhill.

I think it really all depends on where DTG go next with this support. Apart from breaking the alerter button, they’ve done little since the beta launch. I’m slightly losing my enthusiasm for the whole TSW product at the moment.

I think if we start to see redefinable buttons that actually work, then it will make a big difference.

As an aside. The patch was also supposed to fix ai trains travelling without lights. This fix is only partially successful. I’ve had 2 trains so far coming towards me with no light, but at least they were using pantographs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sad they are back to running on electricity instead of the electrickery I had become used to without the pantographs ;)

5. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Raildriver throttle is good in braking section, terrible in acceleration section

• Like Like x 1