PC Any Reason For Jay’s Departure?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lawjester, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

I’m just curious to know why Jay left? He’s been with DTG and TS/TSW for quite some time. I’d also like to thank him for his devotion to the community and a farewell, but we seriously need an explanation besides for Martins announcement in the FSW closing thread (which gave off pretty much no extra details).

• Like Like x 5
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

If he left for personal reasons, we need never know.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Whether Jay left of his own accord or was let go by DTG, for whatever reason, we, as customers, are not entitled to that information. It is entirely a private matter between an employer and employee.

It is likely that most DTG staff aren't aware of the actual reason, especially if he was let go, because that isn't information that upper management and HR are going to bandy around.

This isn't unique to DTG, by the way. Any company that would come online and state we've let go this employee for x, y, z is acting in bad faith and also compromising that individuals possibilities of getting hired elsewhere. That's not a company you want to work for.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I think people are mistaking this company for goverment?

It seems they think that every move the company makes needs to be explained to customers.......no.

• Like Like x 7
  5. hightower

hightower Guest

I wholeheartedly agree. Some people are completely losing the plot, particularly at that ‘other place’.

Why on earth should DTG tell people who buy their products why a member of staff has left the company?!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Well, I don't want to turn this into an "us vs them, bashing" style of thread. Jay was a strong facet of this community. His departure, at the same time that FSW was announced to be closing, was a shock. It's enough to get anyone worried about a project (TSW) that they're investing time and money into. It's only Human to want to know the details in order to offset the worry or curiosity. To gain closure, if you like.

It's just that, as I said, we're not entitled to that kind of information.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

TSW will not be affected. Matt said so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lawjester

Don’t be so sure, I’m sure DTG thought everything would go well with FSW and we see where that went. So far DTG has been failing to produce content in a faster way with less bugs and more more length to it and still has not released that editor. I just hope that with the decline of FSW, DTG transfers mainly to TS/TSW, with more help hopefully the game would get better.

9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Although it would be nice to hear the reason for his departure, that would come from Jay himself. He has a right to privacy if he chooses to or not to speak about. We may never find out why he left and I am fine with that I say let things be for now.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

I was chatting with Matt on Discord. He is giving very good information. I feel TSW is very safe.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I myself also feel confident that TSW is very safe as well.

• Like Like x 3
  12. hightower

hightower Guest

Ditto.

I’ve been using it more and more recently and it really is very good, persistent bugs aside.

I’m excited about what comes next, but whatever it is this time they must get it right first time, no excuses. I also look forward to being able to use what we’ve already got, expanded and bug free!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  13. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Matt will say whatever he is told to say.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Matt said also they will add the 6 car services in GWE, I dont see them....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lawjester

I wasn’t really expecting concrete details, I really just wanted to call attention to the matter hoping to get at least something else besides the statement made by Martin earlier this week. I’m hoping now with Jay’ s departure that we’ll see more participation on DTG’s part (wishful thinking), and hopefully make the customer experience better.

• Like Like x 2
  16. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

2 downvotes but this may be more true than false.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I don’t think Matt ever said that. In fact, whenever those come up, Matt explains that he forgot about it, and it would be a big undertaking to add them in, and that’s it. Never any mention that he would do that. Maybe could, but not would.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hightower

hightower Guest

Purely playing Devils Advocate here but have we considered that one of the biggest gripes people have with DTG is/was poor communication, particularly on these forums.

The person responsible for that communication has just left the company so I would suggest that it’s just as plausible that maybe someone at DTG is actually listening to feedback.

God forbid!

• Like Like x 5
  19. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Some people just can't handle the truth. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lawjester

It wasn’t necessarily Jay, but the company as a whole with their poor business ethics and communication. Who knows why Jay left, could very well be that he was unhappy on how DTG deals with things like communication and sought out to find a new job that does do it well.

I could tell you that I don’t know why DTG waists their money on customer support and communication if they don’t actually do anything. I recently emailed DTG support with a TS problem that was preventing me from playing some career scenarios, i gave them a detailed description on what it was and what I couldn’t play, and they email me back asking me what the problem was, almost like they didn’t even read the previous email. So I emailed them again and of course they just send me a link to the 10 easy steps or whatever on the Kayako page. Of course, it didn’t even help my problem, they just don’t know how to fix it and they’re lazy beyond this belief. It also took them a full week for one email back! They seriously have to step up there game because I’m really unhappy and unimpressed for the price we pay for there content.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 5