PlayStation Db Br 101 - Stuck In Tutorial

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by rattyfus, Apr 22, 2021.

1. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

Unable to complete the tutorial for the new DB BR 101 as it won’t trigger acknowledgement of completion of the instruction “STOP AT LOCATION Mullheim (Ruhr) etc. I think the problem arises because the instructions on how to turn off AFB are never triggered. I have seen this working OK on a demo on OC from Australia, but I have tried this tutorial 3 times and the instructions never come so the stop is not acknowledged.

2. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

To me it says to stop at Duisburg, and nothing
    PZB lights doesnt work, it only works with the MFD, sifa doesn't work on MFD, and I should see how LZB works...
    When i release brakes the "notbremse" light turns on. Feels like a headache that DB BR101
    EDIT. All that is on tutorial. I will give it a go on free roam/timetable

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maverick_ng

Ok, tried it again and it worked fine for me on tutorial, passed it without probs. That's weird.
    BTW. The MFD is totally weird as it has a speedometer up to 160km/h and the 101 can go up to 200.

4. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not getting the 101 till they have this basic stuff right. Clearly not tested at all. We're paying to be beta testers yet again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

Has anyone at DTG seen this, because I can’t complete the Tutorial.

6. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

It may be something you are doing or maybe a ps bug because on Xbox I completed the tutorial as normal first try and it does tell you how to both activate and deactivate the AFB on the trip between Duisburg HBF and Mullheim (Ruhr).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Happened to me on PC. It never went through the step for turning AFB off and when I Stopped it didn’t register. Played it again and it worked fine.

8. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

PC Player here - had it break -

going to play twice more as I have a suspicion about how it broke - will see if I am right....

Edit - 2nd time playthrough worked, now to see if I can break it again...

Edit 3rd time playthrough - what I thought may have broke it wasn't it - I thought it was me messing with the AFB lever

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  9. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I had no problem with teaching yesterday. I play on PS4pro.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was able to complete the tutorial no problems. I just followed Matt’s instructions to the letter and did it first go.

11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i agree im stuck in the tutorial. tried this 3 times. stopped on the marker, tried stopping at the end of the platform. Great testing again DTG

12. Maverick_ng

Did you try getting from depot up to 40km/h ASAP? So before getting into Duisburg with all bla bla bla you get time to make the stopping marker appear before arrival into Duisburg. With that you will be prompted to open doors and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I watched the launch stream for the DB BR 101, and a number of players reported issues on Playstation, and one of the presenters said something like:

"We've tested this on PC, and we have tested it on XBox, so I can't understand why it doesn't work on Playstation, because it all (the shipping build) comes from the same place....."

Reading between the lines, this means (to me) that the DB BR 101 was not tested on Playstation. At all.

I asked one of the developers (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/bugs-that-i-have-found-in-the-db-br-101.39185/) if the shipping build of the DB BR 101 had been tested for Playstation, and there is no answer. It is an impossible question for him to answer, because the answer is almost certainly "No".

And I say this with some confidence, because despite the above, I bought the DB BR 101 for Playstation, without the discount, and tried the Tutorial....... and within five minutes......:

1. I could not complete the step "Stop at Duisburg", so the Tutorial could not be continued.
    2. If you get out of the loco (at Duisburg), you can't get back into it from the platform side......!

I was utterly shocked. And I feel a bit sick about it because there is virtually no chance that anyone will try and fix this within the next two or three years, because it is probably mostly fine on PC. It could take years and years of campaigning to get the DB BR 101 issues on console recognised.

It's a shame, because the Inter-City coaches look quite nice. I quite like the lighting.

14. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

the tutorial worked for me after the 4 try

15. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Tutorial worked for me first time (PS5) I just followed everything I was told to do and did it when told to. You cannot skip anything or do anything out of sequence or it won't work.

The tutorial on RSN for 767.2 was the same, I could not complete that unless I used the actual brake lever to release the brake.

• Like Like x 1
  16. synthetic.angel

I have now managed to get past Duisburg, but I cannot now complete the STOP AT LOCATION instruction at Mullheim. I have a feeling that there is an off-set of a few metres between the visible stop objective and the actually detected stop point, so that (maybe) you need to stop short by say five metres, but I have not confirmed this. If this is true, then it will confuse anyone that is used to trying to stop just slightly past a stop objective.

It might take me a few more tries to get the Introduction done.... ;-O

As an aside - there is certainly something wrong/unusual about this module's script, because the "STOP AT LOCATION (Mullheim)" instruction appears twice - there should be no need to ask you to stop twice. So it is bugged.

17. synthetic.angel

Many thanks for this - this was brilliantly helpful, and I have now completed the Introduction. The key (for me) was to know that the AFB deactivation is meant to happen before you stop at Mulheim. The first "STOP AT LOCATION" step isn't a real instruction - it should read "GO VIA (somewhere)", or maybe it should be an instruction (or set of instructions) to leave Duisburg.

Here are the main issues with the English localisation version of the BR 101 Introduction module:

- the voice actor tells you that you are driving to Essen (which doesn't actually happen);
    - at Duisburg the voice actor says you will drive and stop at the next station unguided (and this isn't true, as you will be asked to go through the guided AFB activation and de-activation processes);
    - the first "STOP AT LOCATION" instruction isn't real (perhaps, anymore*(see below)....);
    - there is a point between leaving Duisburg and the first "STOP AT LOCATION" step completing where.... if you do something/anything (unknown) that is wrong or unexpected in the module's script (say, because you think that you are meant to be driving unguided) ......then this (very misleading) step doesn't get completed, and when you do actually stop at Mulheim nothing will happen, and the module becomes completely broken.

*The impression that I get is that this module was originally written as a trip from Duisburg to Essen, but the Mulheim to Essen bit (which I suspect had the AFB tasks) got removed after the voice actor had recorded his bit. I also suspect that various other instructions were removed, and that it wasn't done very cleanly, and the result is that this Introduction module is now extremely flaky.

This is going to trip up a lot of people, until it is fixed, and tested to ensure it is robust.

More generally, and quite apart from the issue of not doing any real QA on this, is the feeling that I get that the DLC was completed in parts by person A, person B, person C, etc., and that none of them actually talked to each other about what they had done or how they have done what they have done. And then the DLC just got slapped onto Playstation Store (and in the wrong place, so that it isn't easily visible....).

My proposal is that DTG should implement a process for DLC (especially third party DLC) that includes:

- setting out a general specification for DLC that is interoperable with other DLCs (such as HRR);
    - agreeing the actual specification for the specific DLC to be developed (BR 101);
    - a system to QA DLC on each platform (including Playstation); and
    - have a QA check-list review that must be completed before DLC is gated into the shipping build.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  18. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

I agree with everything in the above post. Further, I feel the voiceover on the tutorial needs to be re-recorded by a speaker who can at least attempt to pronounce “Duisburg” and “Müllheim” - Matt’s mangling of these names is abysmal and unworthy.
    I also suspect a lack of communication - probably attributable to remote working, although DRG appear to be if the opinion that they have produced better work in the last 12 months. I beg to differ. Much good work has been released, but the buggy nature of all new releases recently suggests that they need to tighten up and review the QA process. Everything feels rushed.
    BTW I too have completed the intro now, but I’ve no idea why if failed 5 times and then worked once.