Simrail 2021 Vs Tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arapajoe3, Oct 13, 2020.

1. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

They produce what most people interested in this genre are prepared to buy, it's how they stay in business. If they didn't support consoles, had terrible graphics, sparse routes because length will come at the cost of quality, but had accurately modelled the signalling system to adhere to every page of the BR signalling handbook for example, how many customers do you think they'd have?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I'm worried about FPS tbh... however it looks interesting. Sounds are already better than most of TSW2 trains.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

That is obviously a development UI done in the least amount of time possible so devs can test other things. That is not what the game is going to ship with.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Lets see...hmmm looks nice... :love:

5. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Wow, and yes!

This one post from a 33 post thinker, sums up the entire sperg-fest vitriol from the TSW collective, bar a few stand out thinkers, you all know who you are.
    You are correct atpyatt, and perhaps the Polish have the wrong fences too? ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Didn’t the original CSX Heavy Haul (the first TSW) have all bells and whistles, superior lighting and all manner of promised features on the way? Is everyone getting caught up in the hype of something that when it actually matures into a product may be a much reduced experience from the initial vision being promoted now? Assumptions that something that doesn’t look quite right now will be massively improved at release are a symptom of falling for the illusion (or delusion) that this will be the product you have been dreaming of. TSW started off like that but in the real world it has to make money from a tiny player base. Just don’t go expecting too much.

• Like Like x 8
  7. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was like that, but hopefully SimRail won't come out for consoles, or at least the devs won't limiti the PC version with a view to offer the same experience to console users.

• Like Like x 7
  8. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

As far as I know it's being made with Unity3D, so it can be published cross platform including play station as well.
    Will see if they do it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

I hope not. I hope they will stick with PC version only.

• Like Like x 9
  10. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think I'll buy Simrail because it's not quite my niche, and TSW2 does fit my niche quite well. However it might challenge DTG to think creatively, show them some things are more popular then DTG initially thought, and it could make DTG up their game in some aspects such as the amount of interactive swithces, screens and buttons and system functionality. I'll keep an eye on Simrail though, maybe it will turn out to fill my niche after all.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

UI is very obviously a placeholder and unfinished, FPS is iffy but I'm sure it will get ironed out. It was just a nice dev preview, not close to final.

That said, visually I think TSW2 trains look a bit better but I think SimRail's scenery is better, which isn't surprising as this is a major weakness of TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  12. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Their FB pages also show the first iterations of their "dispatcher mode" amongst other things, looks like it could be a superb platform on which to build.
    I believe the sim will allow 3rd party content etc..

13. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Would be awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That wouldn't make sense at all. They are trying to make their own game, not help a potentional rival

15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Could you provide a specific example of this? I've never encountered it and am curious.

16. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

As someone, who has way too many Playway games in my library than I care to admit, I think they will. This is their niche. The quality of the content, however, will be suspect. For eg., Car Mechanic Simulator is a really good one and has real depth in terms of game play. House Flipper, however, is shallow in terms of gameplay mechanics. Overall though, unless you are a real simulation nerd, the gameplay for both becomes repetitive after a while. This is where my concern for SimRail has been. That video didn’t help my confidence about the game at all.

• Like Like x 2
  18. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

When the demo becomes available we can see for ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  19. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

xD. Love your sarcasm :P

20. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

What those countries would be? UK, USA, Germany, Czech republic, Russia...

21. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Italia is most likely

22. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

I think that's just a scam to attract a lot of users to the game. Like "We say yes to everything and the players are hyped" ... In the end there is likely to be one big disappointment

Don't expect too much, especially when the game is from PlayWay.

• Like Like x 6
  23. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Play way is only the publisher

• Like Like x 3
  24. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

PlayWay is notorious for dictating the developers of its game. The developers of SimRail are likely not in charge of SimRail - PlayWay are.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

Yeah true...A bit like when we were told yes to multiplayer and an editor for TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Why guess what, let's look at the demo of the game when released)

• Like Like x 1
  27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I must admit on sober reflection, unless this brings something new and unique I may well pass. I’ve already got several other products - Run 8, Diesel Railcar Simulator, Open Rails, Derail Valley - sat on the HD barely been looked at recently. Even classic TS is largely passive now as I just head into TSW for my fix.

• Like Like x 5
  28. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Yes, fair point Vern.
    I must say that the semi-recent posts of their sim had the dispatcher signal box, multiplayer capability (not my thing) and suggestions of editors or asset improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

How did you like Derail Valley? I tried out Derail Valley on Steam recently. I had to give it back after playing a bit. It is tailored for VR specifically and it shows. Yes, you can play without it but the experience is just not the same.

• Like Like x 1
  30. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It is a good game but after a while the gameplay and scenery gets a bit samey. No AI trains to help out and the weird copay system. Oh and no passenger traffic unless you just want to haul the coaches around for no coin.

31. jackdillon37390

jackdillon37390 Member

Is this game gonna come to xbox?

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

It's a pc only game. There hasn't been an announcement to have a console version and I suspect if there was, it would probably be for the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X

33. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Having driven real driving simulators this doesn't excite me at all - their physics is usually abysmal. Driving simulators used for training are more about learning the route than they are about the train. Sometimes they include dealing with emergencies and the like. The real learning comes in the real train. You do weeks and weeks of training standing next to anther driver while they drive, then sitting in the big chair while another driver supervises you then finally you'll get to run on your own. This is done in parallel with simulation.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  34. MBTA

MBTA New Member

I hope they do make a console version as I only use mac for video editing and other projects. And with the new imacs coming out soon, I would love a ios compatible version if possible.

35. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Hah love my macs.
    The pc is solely for Tsw and Skyrim.

Regard the mountains and weep Rivet!

• Like Like x 1
  36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Looks better than I expected. A little worried about fps. I hope for some mix of Run8 with ZUSI. We will see. Some of you were talking about highlighted cockpit elements - this is a tutorial, that's why. Personally, I like the HUD (no colors, simple design), if much smaller. Interesting. Q3 looks promising (Rush Hour, SimRail).

37. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Honestly not super excited by this, given it's at most 6 months from release. Frame-rate is iffy with no other AI traffic evident. HUD is so bad it can't be the final version, right?

Sounds were ok, but not better than the best TSW content IMO. I do like the lighting at least what's been shown so far, and the draw distance seems good.

Not interested in multiplayer.

If this reviews well and comes to Series X, i'll give it a shot, but tbh i'm not looking forward to "starting over" with building a new collection.

Hopefully this competitor will cause DTG to up their game though!

38. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I think Simrail has some interesting features like multiplayer and the expected larger (partially auto-generated) map, but it won't be better than TSW2 at everything. Each product will have its pros and cons, as usual.

• Like Like x 3
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope it will be a different game. Run8 is not a competition, but a different game. ZUSI is a different game. TSW is very good in its class. I am counting on another good-in-class product :)

• Like Like x 6
  40. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  41. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Is this a new sim game?

42. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yep.

43. tallboy7648

I used to play hmmsim 2. It´s a pretty old train simulator that is a moblie game so I did enjoy playing it on my tablet. If you download hmmsim 2 on your phone or on your pc you get access to seoul metro lines 2 and 7 along with two trains. The game doesn´t have passengers though and it's more of a openbve style game. It´s still a fun game nonetheless. It even has passenger announcements :) I am interested in Hmmsim metro as well as I did enjoy hmmsim 2. I do like the devs focus on the seoul subway. If you would like to play hmmsim 2 it is only $1.99 on the apple and google play store

Also Hmmsim Metro according to the devs site will be coming to consoles which will be cool as well. Hopefully in hmmsim metro there will be passengers

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  44. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Certainly beats TSW in the night lighting and clouds department.

• Like Like x 8
  45. tallboy7648

I don't get why dtg can't improve night lighting and clouds if other small companies like Jemine can. Jemine interactive ( which is the developer of hmmsim) is smaller than DTG

• Like Like x 5
  46. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Tram Sim has a small studio and what they have done with their simulator is amazing! They are always updating the game, listenning to the feedback on discord by the community, the lightning, sky, environment and audio is great! They made a very realistic and immersive sim, with awesome features and they keep adding more features. All depends in what are the interests of a company.

• Like Like x 5
  47. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

For some reason DTG just refuse to fix the broken day and night 24 hour skybox cycle. Not only that, but they seem to have a thing for placing as few dynamic lights as possible. That's why pretty much everywhere in TSW looks so dark and dead at night.

• Like Like x 4
  48. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's maddening. They've improved on sounds lately (at least the last few routes IMO), but the lighting (both global and localized) remains generally poor- Auto HDR on Series X helps a bit, but mostly its either garishly bright or pitch black. And the awful clouds......bah!

• Like Like x 1
  49. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I guess they are all competition for our time and cash, but I agree, there is no reason for players to see them that way. There is no need for us to be super loyal to a game brand and we can play whatever we want. I always take a look at new games that I see to decide if I'll like it more than something I already play. I do recognise that adopting something new does actually mean giving up something else too :).

• Like Like x 2
  50. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

It's a pity that Microsoft doesn't develop simulated trains anymore. They focus on simulated flight.

• Like Like x 1