PC Anybody Running This On A Laptop - Specs?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Retrovertigo, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Decided to dust off my old laptop that I used to play Rail Simulator on after getting the bug playing Train Sim World on my Xbox One.

Wouldn't mind dipping into TSW on my laptop, but it is getting a bit long in the tooth now. It still has a decent processor and a good amount of RAM, but unsure of the graphics card being up to the job.

It's an Alienware machine with 16GB RAM, i7 processor and a GTX680M GPU. I hadn't really used it to play any Rail Sim since I upgraded the GPU in it to the GTX680M a handful of years back. But sticking on Rail Simulator and trying some Isle Of Wight, it starts off with everything ramped up and running at around 45-50fps. But is TSW a lot more demanding? I'm somebody who can tolerate around 25-30fps for this kind of software. Thanks for any feedback

2. Anthony Schulz

Anthony Schulz Member

I run a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel i7 quad core @2.4GHz with 8gb ram, Radeon HD graphics. It is quite demanding, on lowest settings with textures high, I get between 15 and 25fps, won't complain for an older laptop though. Yours might run better

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Be a bit careful. After running TSW on an old PC my graphics card (GTX660) gave up probably due to long lasting overload,stetching performance demand to the edge constantly. You really need a heavy system for this game. That's why HH will not be available for the XBOX1.

• Like Like x 2
  4. xtommyx89

xtommyx89 New Member

Running on the Razer Blade (2017) (i7, GTX1060, 16GB RAM), highest settings, fps mostly above 30-40

• Like Like x 1
  5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

My laptop specs are:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
    Memory: 8Gb

and I normally get around 25fps in busy areas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Yeah I've been looking at swapping out my GPU for the 1060, which apparently is doable. But it involves some messing around, which I'm nervous about doing. Pity, as it would improve this software no end and also extend the life of my laptop. Cheers everyone.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've had the software running in a very basic and slightly glitchy manner on a surface pro 4 core i5... Normal TS2018 runs at 15/20fps on it too

8. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

That's surprising! I have a Surface Pro 4, but with an i7 processor. I might give it a whirl just to see.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Mine is a clean Surface with only TS18 and TSW installed (with a buttload of DLC for TS18). I'm getting 15fps consistently on newer DLC and 27/29 on older ones.