Class 101 Dmu - A Dream

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by raretrack, Apr 29, 2021.

1. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night where I was driving a real class 101 (the British DMU, not the German loco).

Entering the cab there were no controls on the desk, just a couple of USB slots. I plugged in my Raildriver and keyboard, set things up, and off we went. Seemed the most natural thing in the world!

A little into the journey the cat jumped on me and woke me up, which was a shame.

Perhaps I am playing TSW2 with my RD a little too much?! :D

• Like Like x 8
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Maybe , or it might have been the cat that made you think you were playing TSW2 too much :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The BR Class 101 DMU is a fabulous creation.....! And if you are dreaming about it, then I think that this is probably the best and most positive feedback that anyone could ever give about a simulator experience, (because your brain is literally trying to encode it as a memory from actual "lived" experience). ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  4. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I had a nightmare about class 101s, I was at a station, Darwen to be exact. and somehow I was pulled down by the side of a class 101 passing at high speed. It was strange, and I still remember the dream like it was yesterday. I think it was because my dad had been telling me about trains can pull you under.

5. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

I have dreams about trains where i cant stop them. Or they come off the rails and the vehicles are flying every which way and I have to dodge them :o Some scary Crap on my part. God knows what that says about my mind.

6. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Dreaming about a British Rail Class 101 DMU? Blimey! It’s my favourite train the British Rail Class 101 DMU so this thread tells me I should limit my participation on TSW2 to less hours before I get infected. :o

• Like Like x 2