PlayStation The Livery Designer Is Catastrophic

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeyKey, Apr 29, 2021.

1. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

The game came out 9 months ago, there are updates almost every 2 weeks, but the livery designer is still disgraceful. If you have fun doing liveries then you got used to the fact that you have to save your liveries constantly in the cloud, because it's not rare that you save a livery and an error sign appears and your "UGCLiveries_0" data is completely broken and all of your liveries are gone. I was really looking forward to the release of the DB BR 101, because it's perfect for the livery designer. But it's almost impossible. So far, I had the bug 4!!! times, TODAY!!!! I really love this game, but how on earth is it possible that such a bug is not fixed after 9 months? When a fence is missing on SEH, there are updates within a week, but the basic game, there is nothing. It's very sad that something like that is not fixed yet and I'm sure that it won't be fixed in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Have you raised a support ticket on this issue and are you able to reproduce the crash? I absolutely want to prioritise resolving crashes but we need to be able to reproduce them ourselves to have any hope and thus far none of the internal team are experiencing it - it may be a unique way you're using the tool, or what you're doing (i'm not saying this is your fault btw, just that you're treading a path somehow that we havent, and therefore I want to understand that).

If you have any videos of using it when it crashes that would be very useful too as the team can try and understand from that what was happening and what are of code to go look at perhaps.

Matt.

• Like Like x 3
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

What also would help if you created a Monkey see's, Monkey does document. So:-
    1. Open Livery
    2. Chose this item of stock to repaint.
    3. Choose this colour
    etc etc if you get what I mean. Button Press by Button Press
    This at least gives the people checking on the issue to follow exactly what you are doing, to hopefully find the issue you are finding. Otherwise it is like stabbing in the dark on what is going on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It's no more than a digital version of fuzzy felt. Which you may have to Google if you're under a certain age.

• Like Like x 1
  5. borg#1850

:) I came over all warm, remembering my childhood ;) Next we will be talking "Torchy the Battery Boy" and "Fireball XL5" :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I think that after the last year and a bit, the term catastrophic is a bit OTT. The people of India know what is catastrophic. A bug in a computer game isn’t.

• Like Like x 2
  7. borg#1850

It's semantics, he is talking about this game and not about India, in his "Personal" opinion it is just what he said. :|

• Like Like x 3
  8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

If you are taking that line of thought, whilst whatever is currently happening in the world and the loss of life is awful, as of today, India is currently ranked at 118th in the world with 149 deaths per 1 million population. The UK is 13th with 1,870 deaths per 1 million.

Hungary is currently ranked 1st with 2,838 deaths per million, nearly 2000% worse than that of India!

Doesn't seem that catastrophic in India when you look at it that way does it?

• Like Like x 3
  9. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Sorry but it’s how I feel. I believe that the use of catastrophic does not apply to a computer game when there is a lot going on in the world that really is catastrophic (not just Covid) e.g wars, global warming etc. Agreed, a bug in a computer game is annoying and possibly contravenes the sale of goods act and should be fixed as soon as possible but describing it in such sensationalist language is inappropriate in my opinion. Others have a different opinion and that’s OK.

I agree with Matt though. It would be much more productive to raise a ticket rather than coming on here ranting before they have had the chance to investigate and fix the problem. If he/she does this and gets no response, then rant away to your heart’s content.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. borg#1850

I think that is always the problem with any of these forums. We do not know the age of the person making the comment or anything about them. So although it might be annoying and be sensationalist language to some people, to "Deykey" it might be the way they see things and wording, they use all the time. We cannot teach them how we expect them to write or see things in life on this forum.

Sorry if this is a bit "War & Peace".

I think what seems to becoming more apparent, sadly, is that there seems to be a lot of bugs appearing in the 2 months I have been a member. Am I wrong, is this just an unfortunate case or has it been going on a long time?

When people pay good money for a game they are "Expecting" a polished and finished (hopefully bug less) game. I know that bugs do happen, but at present I have to say my view of both Rivet and Dovetail is not good as a customer, who will now think twice on any extra's they bring out for TSW2. I will certainly be reading the forum before I purchase anything.

Saying that I do enjoy playing what I have so far but then I am not that far into the game. Though equally I am not wanting to waste hours of my time, having to replay sections because it crashes. So Rivet and Dovetail could lose a customer for all their games in the long run. I would also not recommend TSW2 to anyone at present from what I see written on this forum.

• Like Like x 2