What Uk Routes Does Everyone Want To See

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hugosteele12, Sep 17, 2020.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Birmingham to Bristol that way you can form a corridor between West Coast Mainline and the Great Western Main Line Just trains western lines DLC.

2. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

That is available already if you are interested. It's not on Steam but the link is here: https://xcroute.com/extended/

• Like Like x 1
  3. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Isn't there already a Manchester to Leeds add on for Manchester to Leeds via Huddersfield? I'm sure I bought it not so long ago but would love to see that route via Halifax too! :)

I just realised that was a post from 2018, hence why that route is now available - although I'd still love to see the Calderdale route I mentioned that goes via Halifax!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  4. driverwoods#1787

Train Sim 21 doesn't have Manchester Leeds Standege Tunnel Huddersfield route. On the other hand sister game Train Simulator World 2 has that as Northern Transpennine Express set in the year 1983

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  5. mancunian#7861

Yes thank you driverwoods ... I realised later this was the ts21 game rather than tsw2 bit appreciate you pointing it out. Quite confusing with all these different varients. :)

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Leeds Lines Phase 2? If by "bought" you mean subscribed to ATS for the right to download it, then yes...

I did research a UK Tour Pack (uses 7 different ATS routes and some others, like two DPS ones) and found the Huddersfield route listed separately from Leeds Line, too. It looks like both have a scenario on them. Leeds Lines seems to have more.

7. mancunian#7861

Sorry for the confusion Cyclone. I have TSW2. I was posting in the wrong area without realising it. So no, not the one you mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

Might as well go to the forums dedicated to the sister game Train Sim World. CVL Calder Valley Line should be the games diesel equivalent to the closed Woodhead Line Glossop to Sheffield segment. Another route that can be made for the game is HVL which is an abbreviation for the Hope Valley line

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Just Trains are working on Hope Valley line for TS21 as an addon to their MML Sheff-Derby route alongside Derby-Notts-Leics and Derwent Valley addons.
    I'd definitely like to see the CVL from Castleford to Manchester though as it's my local line and only 2 mins away from my home.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

How about the whole length of the Calder Valley line Manchester Bradford Leeds. Goes past your local station and also sold as a bundle with Woodhead Line HVL called Transpennine Manchester to Leeds and Sheffield. Provided CVL is made with Class 195 and can you tell me what is the ride like on class 195. On Sister Game train simulator world I played NTP 1983 and the Class 101 they are actually a pain in the arse to play due to vacuum Brakes and gear change.

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know what the ride is like on a class 195 or any other stock used on the line as I've not ridden a train for many years (at least 15).

Having done a bit of research into the line, I don't know why they called it the Calder Valley line (or Caldervale line) as a lot of it doesn't go anywhere near the River Calder except for a short bit from just after Elland to Todmorden.
    I'm now not sure what route I'm referring to then as it's the route between Castleford and Mirfield I live close to.

Being honest, even the TSW route NTP isn't technically correctly named as the CVL via Summit Tunnel is the northern transpennine route

And yes, the NTP route on TSW/TSW2 is a right pain with vacuum brakes as they take ages to apply and release.

12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would much rather a class 110 which were built for the Calder Valley Line.

Personally it is much more fun having gears to change and separate brake and power handles and having brakes which you need to think about when to use them more rather than moving one lever forwards and backwards for an hour.

13. driverwoods#1787

Sounds good to me and also does the class 150 and pacers use the same gear-changing system as the class 110. However the brakes are different Class 150 & Pacers use air brakes while Class 110 use Vaccum Brakes.

14. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The Pacers and Sprinters had a hydraulic transmission which I think uses a fluid coupling but not certain, they are gearless as far as the driver is concern whereas first generation DMU's had a four speed gearbox. Yes, most if not all first generation DMU's were vacuumed braked.

15. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

Have you tried Diesel Railcar Simulator from Steam? Graphically it doesn't really compare to TS, but you do get a really good driving experience of several first gen DMUs

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheDubbPug2211

TheDubbPug2211 New Member

I'd love to see the Thameslink Cord and the West Coastway

17. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

North Wales Coast re-relased set in the BR Sectorisation era. They already have all the stuff that'd be needed, just need to reskin it - Class 47 and Mk2s from the Virgin 1st gen pack, HST from the LNER pack or default, Class 37 from West Highland Extension or Settle-Carlisle, 158 from Settle-Carlisle, 150 from their own/AP, 156 from their own/AP, Class 101 of their own, freight cars from West Highland, or pretty much anywhere...

18. Cyclone

Don't expect the AP trains to be bundled with a NWC re-release. That will never happen. I personally do want to see a new 150 pack that has the old 150 added as a bonus; that way, the Workshop gap where it's still being used, not to mention the high number of uses on UKTS and other third-party sites, is refilled. Even throughout 2020 it was still regularly used.

I think the Virgin 47 has a home somewhere now. I forget exactly which one that is. Don't know about the Mk2s, but AP has a series of them as well. Radio token Class 37 won't get copied over as it's Thomson/Rivet; I'd rather see the old 37 pack included as a bonus, though AP has updated the 37 from that significantly in their own packs.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  19. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

They did a pack for the original NWC with the AP 150s, and they still have their own 150/1.

20. Cyclone

To be clear, the AP 150/2 with Arriva Trains was a separate package with scenarios for SOUTH Wales Coastal. I have North Wales Coastal and the AP train is NOT included with it. I do not have the extension, but per the information I can find, it's likely not there either.

21. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It's DTG's route, if they wanted to make a BR Provincial sector reskin of their 150/1 and bundle it with a mid-90s NWC it's their choice. OK, I was wrong about the 150 scenarios, mea culpa. Point still stands, no stock is bound to just one route.