Boston Route Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, May 1, 2021.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

We've seen the rush hour image that contains buildings from Boston, as well as a red and a white stripe. Let the speculation begin! Personally, I think it's the northern section of the NEC.

• Like Like x 2
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I had that part of the NEC on TS and I loved it! The NEC is so unique in the sense that it's almost as every curve has a different speed limit, and you have to always have an eye on the speed and upcoming speed limit, which makes for a very unique and fun experience. Also ATC and ACSES are pretty fun to use. Hopefully it comes with an Acela this time :) and more in-depth features for the trains.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Covid makes traveling difficult, so anything that has been done before gets a bonus chance of being selected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I would say NEC too. I think we will get a reused ACS-64 (if its reusable at all) and an Acela. Both have been done by DTG previously. However I really would like Genesis as well but I don't think it's coming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Its the Red Line Subway probably

• Like Like x 1
  6. MBTA

MBTA New Member

:o

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Tell me what this mean, I’m right with Red Line?

8. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

MBTA commuter rail uses F40PHs and MP36s, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got that, as DTG is obviously fond of recycling locos and rolling stock.

Also would fit the rush hour theme.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I hope they do the MBTA commuter line to North Shore. I used to take that from Beverly to Ipswich when I lived up there. The line terminates at Salem after 8 PM but runs up to Gloucester I think. But its been a while so I might be wrong. Its a single line with like 1 train up and down every hour. so not that exciting therefore will not happen. If they do the subway, here's hoping there are multiple lines and atleast a couple rolling stock.

p.s. I still have my Charlie Card. Might not work now but still have that as a souvenir.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

I'm not betting on the Red Line from what some are predicting so far (because that feels too short for a route like that if you don't know what the line is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Line_(MBTA)). But that doesn't mean that Boston will be part of the new route, however (Either Boston's South or North Station as a terminal).

If it's part of NEC, then the only connection that would have MBTA (if DTG has the license from them first) as part of the route would have to be the Providence/Stoughton Line. As NEC parallels on that line with Amtrak's Northeast Regional and the Acela.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Would really enjoy seeing Boston South Station in TSW2. Back in the 70’s when I was a cadet attending the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, hopping a train to Boston from New London, CT was my escape from the rigors of the military academy. If the line only goes to Providence, RI, it would still bring back memories of the old days... especially the return trip from Boston nursing a hangover from visiting the infamous “Combat Zone” in Boston :) .

• Like Like x 3
  12. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I agree that the Providence/Stoughton line (hopefully with the Stoughton part, would be neat) is more likely, but the Red line really isn't that unrealistic- it's really similar in length and number of stations to the Bakerloo line. It's even a bit longer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Yeah. most probably its the NEC, Boston - Providence. Takes about 40 mins if you take the Regional and around 30 mins if you take the Acela. I hope they bring the Acela originally to the route. It was a add on in classic TS

• Like Like x 1
  14. Challenger3985

Uhhh... How did I predict that right? 0_0

• Like Like x 3
  15. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

U predicted the future:o

• Like Like x 1
  16. Challenger3985

Though I did expect the ACS-64 to return if possible (so no surprise there). But a little disappointed that there will be F40PH-3Cs for MBTA (betting it was reused from the F40PH-2CATs. Would make sense body-wise).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The Acela is not in the list, so I'm guessing (and hoping) we will get it as DLC again.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I don't know, that's about 20 miles of extra track for DTG to model, as well as the scenery around those parts as well. I don't see it happening.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Interesting as that would bring the total route mileage up to appx 65 miles, which is about the upper limit of what we've seen so far in the game. I don't know the area, so not sure how important those stops are wrt MBTA operations (e.g. any yards, maint faciliities, etc on that portion?)

21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Based on what I've seen on Google Maps, there is nothing to note south of Providence outside the 2 stations, MBTA does have a storage yard just north of Providence, Amtrak also has a small MOW yard there as well. aaaaaaaaaa.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Honestly what I'm wondering more is whether we'll get the Stoughton branch- just a short 4 mile stub off the route that's single track and unelectrified where about half the Providence/Stoughton line trains terminate. It would honestly be a bit disappointing if they didn't include it, but DTG have missed some obvious short branches before.

Also, to irresponsibly speculate even further (as if I haven't done enough of that, lol), there are some obvious DLC opportunities that I'm sure DTG are already thinking of. The Acela, first gen or Avelia Liberty, is an obvious one, and I feel it's almost guaranteed tbh- they even reference how this stretch of track is the fastest in the country because of it in the leaked page.

MBTA additions are also quite easy to come up with. There's the HSP-46 and the GP40MC-annd there's a diverse enough mess of coaches that they could easily package a new coach type to substitute into trains with these locomotives.

Not a DLC exactly, but I hope there's a freight service layer from Sand Patch or something.

And to get a bit more ambitious, if they ever figure out route extensions a pretty unique one would be the MBTA Orange line, which runs alongside the route for pretty much half the subway line. Or, obviously just other MBTA commuter lines. That would work too.

• Like Like x 1
  23. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

It sounds good, it's a mix of what most of us were thinking. I hope Acela will be in a DLC it would be such a big miss. Im looking forward for the MBTA services. :D
    Im also very happy for the Brighton Mainline.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Mmmm...i was expecting to see another part of NEC, but see Boston cool too))

25. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

NORTHEAST CORRIDOR: BOSTON - PROVIDENCE with Amtrak's 'Cities Sprinter', the ACS-64, and the MBTA's distinctive F40PH-3 locomotives.

BRIGHTON MAIN LINE: LONDON VICTORIA - BRIGHTON with Southern's BR Class 377/4 and Gatwick Express BR Class 387 EMUs.

BAHNSTRECKE RIESA - DRESDEN with Deutsche Bahn's BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2 in DB livery and BR 185.5 in MRCE black livery.

Exciting routes although a couple are from TS2021. May hold off purchasing until I have seen it on the streams etc.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So am I, especially with the F40PH. I mean who doesn't love the F40PH? Though I'm really not fan of the purple livery MBTA has. That purple looks horrible, lol.

By the way, anyone knows of a cabride video of the route between South Station and Providence?

• Like Like x 2
  27. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I really liked the F40PH on the SSJ it's really fun to drive, I hope there will be some other MBTA locs as well later on, but first Acela :D

• Like Like x 2
  28. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

God hear you, they are exciting routes.
    I can't wait for May 4th, I wish they reveal the definitive routes there.

• Like Like x 1
  29. How did you get this information?

30. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

He got it from the raildev website which got down now saying 404. It was leaked out in the morning. :P

• Like Like x 1
  31. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Oh snap, did I miss a leak or is this information still available somewhere?
    Seems exciting though!

• Like Like x 5
  32. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Hmmm, new head out camera, gradient profile and added TrackIR support for PC sound interesting though.

33. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Real cheap for 3 routes, looks promising!

34. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I wonder what the new head out camera means. I suppose something more realistic than the camera simply teleporting outside, but who knows?

35. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

I'm excited about the routes, especially London Victoria - Brighton.
    But the rolling stock of the three routes is reused, so my question is, what will be its price? Will it cost like a normal route or more expensive?

36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

With Rollmaterial are used by MBTA?

37. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

The MBTA F40PH-3 is not the same locomotive used in the corridor peninsula but with another company?
    in this case MBTA instead of caltrain.

38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Locomotives: F40PH-3C diesel (similar to the one in Peninsula Corridor)
    MPI MP36PH-3C (like the PC Baby Bullet)
    MPI HSP46 diesel
    GP40MC diesel

Coaches: Kawasaki double-deck BTC-4A
    Bombardier BTC-1
    Hyundai-Rotem BTC-4D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Dinosbacsi

£24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99 for all the 3 routes in one, according to the article.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

In that case, OLÉ.
    It seems to me a reasonable price for the three routes that despite the fact that most of the rolling stock is already in the game, it offers us Kilometris of fun and learning.
    I will definitely buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Dinosbacsi

Yes, same for me. Though I really don't care about the british and the german route, but I am interested in the NEC. But I doubt we will be able to buy them separately.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

I do not believe and less knowing DTG. But if for the price of a route you take 2 more, I do not see where there is a problem. Hahaha.
    I do not believe that the NEC will finally reach TSW2, so much time and complaints cost ...

43. Dinosbacsi

Yes, definitely great news. I always wanted to try NEC out in TSW, but after all the negative feedback it recieved, I just never got to it. Hopefully this one will end up being much better.

The fact that it will have two operators on it will greatily increase variety. While I find the ACS-64 too modern and ugly, the Amtrak coaches look nice. I wonder if we will get the cab cars for them, either at release or later on. Do they run on this part of NEC?

Edit: But I suppose even if the Amtrak stuff won't, the MBTA will definitely get a cab car, as the F40PHs couldn't be turn around easily - compared to the ACS-64, which has cab on both ends.

44. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No Amtrak cabcars run on this section.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

• Like Like x 1
  46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s a shame there’ll be no new trains on the Brighton Victoria or Dresden routes. I really hope they can link Brighton Victoria to East Coastway if you own both DLC, but I doubt we’ll see that happen.

47. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

True. But MBTA trains routinely run with them.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

£24.99 for three brand new routes.

Several major core updates this year and specific versions of TSW 2 for PS5 and Xbox Series S/X.

Mega excited. I’m inclined to forgive DTG for HBL now. They’ve clearly been super busy on this little lot.

49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope upgrading to the PS5 or Xbox Series X/S versions don’t require you to get all the trophies again or start over from scratch. Fingers crossed.