Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They all offline since Friday.
    Matt got a Heart attack when he want see the Leaked article :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

OK. This is 99% probably legit. And it is absolutely amazing, especially for the price tag. NEC return, London-Brighton and my very close and dear Dresden-Riesa. Yes, the rolling stock is somewhat reused... but for the price that's absolutely fine in this case.

I am very interested if ECW can connect to the new route, AI London services are already there, so timetable clash shouldn't be a problem and the combined route would be something unparalleled in TSW.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Artful

Artful Member

Now if they also later down the line did 2 Loco DLCs for this yes the 2 classics - Class 205 Thumper & Class 411/412 CEP we could probably smile from ear to ear like Cheshire cats.

Artful

• Like Like x 4
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I think now the cat is out of the bag...it's probably not even worth trying to cover it all up this close to the official annoucement. I think anyone who is in any way interested in this sim has already seen it

It takes the gloss off the actual accouncement...but the end result is the same

No routes in TSW/TSW2 have been connected thus far...I doubt they are going to start now

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But in Train Simulator it was really easy and happen a lot with Route Expansions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Although I could not find the word "iconic" in any part of this material, the text does look stunningly authentic.

Good job, if it is fake....! The only thing that niggles is that other than the Class 387, all of the other imagery is taken directly from existing TSW and TSW 2 locos and routes.... And the supposed Class 387 itself has a conveniently blurred out interior.... Although this could indicate that DTG is nowhere near finished developing the package.... O-)

The one thing that makes it feel really quite real is the format and content of the Q&A section. The Q&A section parses as super-realistic, even if the rolling stock listed for the Dresden route looks optimistic (four bits of traction...?).

If this is all true (and they really have modelled the Brighton line all the way from Victoria - over 50 miles)... then that is truly fabulous. Maybe South London Network will follow soon after.....?

There is one significant piece of information here for console players... It seems to be strongly implied (in the Q&A) that they have made a version (with superior performance) for Playstation 5 and the new Xbox consoles. The PS5 version is quoted as an "upgrade":

"Can I upgrade Train Sim World 2 from PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to the next generation?
    If you already own Train Sim World 2 on PlayStation 4 you can upgrade for free to the PlayStation 5 version. Likewise on Xbox you can use Xbox Smart Delivery to get the upgraded game for free.
    "

This is something that could impact significant purchasing decisions for many people - so, if this leak is authentic, then I would expect that the situation with improved PS5 and XBox performance to be made absolutely clear.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Sure...but this is a totally different game on a totally different engine with a complex service mode to think about. They are not going to split the user base between whoever owns both routes and who doesn't....the same reason they don't wish to do route extensions as they would be DLC for DLC

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, a few thoughts on the British side of it...

• If they're including Victoria are they going to populate the Southeastern side of it with AI from the Faversham route (375s and 465s are basically all that come out of that side of the station)
    • Are they going to simulate the split and merge at Haywards Heath which happens about twice an hour (no coupling in timetable that I know of at the moment)
    • This does also give rise to the possibility of the first very very easy merge and extend, from Haywards Heath to Lewes to hook up with ECW so you could run from Eastbourne to Clapham Junction as part of Hastings to London Bridge services
    • There's also a fair amount of freight on the route, so hopefully we'll see the 66 hauling new things up and down the line

• Like Like x 15
  9. madda253

madda253 Member

Yeah hopefully it release soon, looking forward to it.

Wonder if they are going to leave the article up can't imagine the staff are best pleased atm.

Was trying to Google the American route, but there isn't much info on it or on Wikipedia. Folks got any more info on that route i.e. history, branch lines and length?

I know the UK one is 50miles or so as it says London Victoria to Gatwick and further south than that to Brighton.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

railsimdev.com is an official (dev) domain of DTG, so this is 100% not fake.

• Helpful Helpful x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  11. madda253

madda253 Member

I dont know if they are going to merge routes or if it will be technically feasible i.e. memory issues and constraints of current gen

But yeah plenty of opportunities for layers especially the class 66, which hopefully there will be more of

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

Additional route tiles wouldn't make much difference to the memory use as they're loaded in and out as you drive
    Not sure how the dispatcher works but they're having to redo it anyway so maybe they can work around that issue as well

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-2_10-32-15.png
    I am very interested if they'll include the Meißen branch based on the route description. It's just three stations, not very long, but it's a busy ending of the S1 line. A pair of trains every 30 minutes and it's 39 minute ride from Dresden Hbf, ideal length for TSW services.
    upload_2021-5-2_10-31-52.png

• Like Like x 9
  14. madda253

madda253 Member

Hopefully this is the case

• Like Like x 1
  15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What’s the difference between the 375/377 and the 387 Train?

Dresden Riesa is the Sams as on TS with DB Fernverkehr and Freight Line on the One side and the Second Branche is S-Bahn and Regionalbahn

• Like Like x 1
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It likely is, long routes perform the same as short ones, HMA performs badly because the tiles in München are extremely dense when loaded.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

As well as the USA flag, with the blue background and Boston buildings........

Edit: I saw you edited since then sorry about that :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

4am on a Sunday is just as good a time for a web page to go live as 4pm on a Tuesday right? I don’t think anybody from DTG should break away from their Bank Holiday weekend to deal with this. Let them spend time with their family and pets.

As with everything computer related, somebody somewhere knows too much, so you can’t keep digital secrets. It’s done now. There’s no point anyone here trying to ignore it either as once something leaks it’s hard to avoid the puddle it’s already made.

For me it means there is no need to buy any DLC before this releases, which means I can save up a budget for some of the latest things to have come out in future sales. When Rush Hour releases I shall bag myself three routes for the price of one for some bargain train sim action. It looks like three good routes too, and the small number of new trains included is no cause for concern at that price. Happy days.

• Like Like x 10
  19. ARuscoe

• Like Like x 1
  20. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

NORTHEAST CORRIDOR: BOSTON - PROVIDENCE with Amtrak's 'Cities Sprinter', the ACS-64, and the MBTA's distinctive F40PH-3 locomotives.

BRIGHTON MAIN LINE: LONDON VICTORIA - BRIGHTON with Southern's BR Class 377/4 and Gatwick Express BR Class 387 EMUs.

BAHNSTRECKE RIESA - DRESDEN with Deutsche Bahn's BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2 in DB livery and BR 185.5 in MRCE black livery.

Exciting routes although a couple are from TS2021. May hold off purchasing until I have seen it on the streams etc.

It seems DTG have switched off the link

https://react.railsimdev.com/live/t...52.229160199.1619699293-1703849583.1605365253

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Fun fact the Hastings to London Bridge services are only because of engineering work. Normally you get Ore to London Victoria which are normally 8 (4 cars couple to another at Eastbourne). But there are also Eastbourne to London Victoria which means we just need 2 station to connect (plumton and cookbridge).

22. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I see the website as been taken down. Doh! 404 message appears now
    Who's the Starwars fan?
    "These are not the droids you are looking for!!
    lol

• Like Like x 11
  23. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

*press X for Doubt*

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. synthetic.angel

I am still completely thrown by the absence of the word "iconic" anywhere in the communitying blurb, especially since London-Brighton* is genuinely one of the most iconic train simulator routes of all time (Southern Belle, on the ZX Spectrum 48k...!). They make it sound almost ordinary....!! ;-O

*(Gatwick Express DLC please, the Class 73 version...!)

Anyway, I had noticed that the DNS/IP were London/UK, but didn't know/recall this domain existing. But yeah - I am convinced now. I am especiallly convinced because the "Subscribe" for more info button was a link to the "About Bassmaster Fishing 2022 video game" pages (.... and they might want to change that)... ;-)

So - good - we get three pretty superb routes, all for £25. I wonder what the "Super Deluxe Extended Extra Wonderful Fully Loaded" route will be, for the £40 price tag.... Maybe Cathcart after all....?

• Like Like x 6
  26. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

IF this is real, am I the only one concerned about how they’re going to implement a realistic timetable on BML with only a 387 and a 377/4?

• Like Like x 5
  27. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Fortunately, the Wayback machine saved a snapshot of the page before it got pulled, for those of you that missed it:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2021050....railsimdev.com/live/train-sim-world/rushhour

Edit: I know most people jumped at the new routes, but the FAQ also has some pertinent information.
    upload_2021-5-2_3-17-17.png
    It seems that we may be receiving more frequent (major) core updates? I would like to see this indeed.

Cheers

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 9
  28. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

DLC locos

30. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

A class 455 loco add on will be possible and maybe a class 700 and class 442 depends on time. Period

• Like Like x 2
  31. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

For British stuff another modern route, no issue from me but those who say 'there is no modern stuff' are doing ok up to now!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Monday is a bank holiday, so Tuesday haha

• Like Like x 6
  33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Two days of nervous sweating... poor person

• Like Like x 9
  34. synthetic.angel

Some basic training in Total Quality Management might be a very wise investment, across the entire DTG business including Communitying (Marketing), Sales and Production. It would answer very many questions that they must get baffled by on a day to day basis, such as:

"What do you mean it isn't a good idea to leave our website development and testing domain completely open to the public, a few days before we are about to launch our annual key feature product "reveal"....?"

"Should we write a standard specifcation and QA check-list for all future TSW 2 products, or shall we take advantage of this lovely sunny day and fly some kites?

and....

"It worked when we tested it on both PC and Xbox, so I can't understand why people are reporting problems on Playstation."

• Like Like x 9
  35. solicitr

I wouldn't put it that way; Redhill isn't a "branch" line so much as the local-traffic main line. More like the RRO route with its divided S-Bahn and Regional tracks.

• Like Like x 3
  36. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Personally I just wish DTG would design new routes for TSW instead of overhauling TS routes. Can’t wait for Cane Creek, Glasgow Cathcart and the Mid Wales route

• Like Like x 4
  37. solicitr

There's no such thing as "overhauling TS routes." TSW is entirely different in its inner workings and structure; one might as well claim that GTA V just "overhauled" Los Santos from GTA San Andreas. The only thing that might be re-used from TS is the old research photos and videos - a valid consideration given COVID having made most research trips impossible.

• Like Like x 8
  38. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If this is true (I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until the announcement) I do feel a bit sorry for the TS1 team who made the Dresden route which released for TS1 four months ago - if I was in there I'd feel a bit like all the effort put into overhauling the signalling etc and making a really nicely detailled route is perhaps a bit wasted.

• Like Like x 6
  39. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not really. Only trains we are missing between East Croydon and Brighton are the Thameslink class 700's which run two an hour. The 455's don't run many services anymore so only seeing 377's & 387's wouldn't be too unrealistic. Don't forget before the 700's came in, the Thameslink services were run by 377's and 387's themselves so livery designer will come in handy.

• Like Like x 7
  40. solicitr

Unless it was a joint effort between the two teams

41. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s 99.9% the real deal. The URL confirms that it is DTG’s official website.

It looks like it was unintentional set to public instead of private. Probably for testing out the formatting or something.

• Like Like x 11
  42. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

The 455s are still incredibly common within the zone 6 boundary

• Like Like x 2
  43. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

All I want to say is that 29,99€ is the biggest bargain for three (new) routes that you can get. With that price point I couldn't care less if most or even all rolling stock is copied. And fortunately I love the Electrostars!
    Looking forward to that Boston route. I know almost nothing about American passenger lines but I wanted to get deeper into that for a while now. In the end that route alone might end up being worth 30 Euros on its own!
    Fingers crossed this is no fake, though after seeing the page and domain, I highly doubt it.

• Like Like x 19
  44. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

If we do get a class 455 add on in the future Victoria to Croydon will still see it

• Like Like x 3
  45. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Which mid Wales route not seen anything yet. Cornwall is the next WIP on the road map for the UK?

• Like Like x 2
  46. solicitr

One thought about the Dresden rolling stock: while it's true that none of it is new, at least for owners of other German DLC, it does have the advantage of adding the 143, 185, 146 and unavoidable Dostos for players who don't own MSB or RSN, making SKA decently busy as well as any other German routes they might have or buy.

• Like Like x 4
  47. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Good point. But then: Not a single screenshot there showed something, that's isn't already in the game. Makes me wonder why this is the case.

• Like Like x 3
  48. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It depends on if it will unlock those layers or not. I mean just because it features the rolling stock for them, there is no guarantee that it will unlock them, right? But it would be nice if it did, so fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  49. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So....why didn't we get the proper schedule from the release? Charge me $30 to get content that should have been included right from the start. Okay!

New NEC route is even shorter than the og one and I'm pretty sure since it is the newest section the signals will not be Amtrak pcl ones. Also stop using the same motive power. MBTA has some interesting units they could have gone with. Hopefully they add the ghetto bars on the windows but it'll ruin it for livery designer when we try and make other schemes for it.

I want to be happy for this stuff but I just can't. I know they'll ruin things somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  50. solicitr

1) Because these routes are probably very, very early in development;l there's nothing to take a screenshot of yet
    2) However, the artwork definitely shows a Gatwick Express and Dresden S-bahn, so that much new work has been put in at least.

• Like Like x 2