Tsw 2: Rush Hour Stock

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aran, May 2, 2021.

1. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

This is a short one, but how is there no new Stock in this Rush Hour Update? None at all? DTG literally have a team for making trains for this game and evidently don't use them.
    When HBL didn't have the correct Dostos we thought that was because they were busy making Stock for the Rush Hour Bundle., but that doesn't have anything new either. So where are they? What are they doing? Why aren't they making any new trains? Is it because of lack of reference material? They can always ask the community for reference if the Internet can't provide enough.
    It looks like they've been sent on Holiday for no apparent reason. I'm not calling anyone lazy, because I'm sure it's not the Vehicle Teams fault. But someone has made a really questionable decision by not making new trains for the upcoming routes.
    TSW 2 Rush Hour.PNG

• Like Like x 17
  2. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I'm personally wondering how many "train artists" they currently have available to use. It feels to me, also from what Adam has said in the roadmap streams, that they are having somewhat of a shortage. On the other hand, it would be fair to consider the ACS-64 as new, (they've said that TSW2020's NEC is unusable), the 387 will have visible variances (panto), the Talent 2 should have an extra coach, and the coaches for MBTA on NEC should be completely new. Altogether, all 3 routes here cost the same as 1 route otherwise, so I'm not too upset.

• Like Like x 13
  3. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

If Riesa-Dresden is part of the Rush Hour Bundle, then I have to disappoint you: The Rolling stock is accurate as I do live in Dresden and know that route pretty well. Riesa-Dresden has Talent 2 as Regional Express services, BR 143+Dostos and BR 146+Dostos for S-Bahn services and several freight locos. The only thing one COULD say is that a new freight loco would have been appropriate like the Vectron or the BR 189. Also shunting with BR 363 or BR 204 could be a part of that and it still would be accurate.

You could discuss the route choice, because the route choice also decides what Rolling can be used and if the Rolling stock already exists in the game and IS also accurate for the route, then you get no new rolling stock in terms of models.

If Riesa-Dresden becomes part of the TSW 2 family, I will buy it regardless of its quality because I want to sit in a real talent 2 and drive the route on a laptop while riding on a train. And because it is a route right next to my home.

• Like Like x 15
  4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Much more than that; the 387s (and 377/6, /7 and 379) are effectively different trains.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dcnine#5410

Ah okay, even better then!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

What do you mean if it comes separately, will you buy it? Is Rush Hour going to be a separate game or how?
    What I had in mind was that it was going to be like three more DLCs.
    Explain this to me please.

7. doublefine7

Rush Hour will be a bundle-like release alongside the free Summer Update. Three routes in one bundle. One price for three routes like the TSW 2 release had last year.

8. Doomotron

Aran where did you find the image? Was it leaked?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

That's what I understood, so the three routes will appear together with the ones I already have, right?
    Or, on the contrary, will there be an option other than that indicating RUSH HOUR?

10. doublefine7

I can only say what I think will be the case. In no way I am an official person to clarify these questions that may be answered on 4th of May. I think that for now you can only get these new routes if you buy Rush Hour. Later on you might be able to separately buy them but not for now. So no, there wont be another option other than Rush Hour for getting these new routes. This is what I think and how I interpreted it. But only DTG can answer this and they will do that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Do any IC or ICE run on the route at all? I know Dresden is a terminus for them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

However, considering it's three routes for the price of one, why would anyone want to buy them separately?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Yes, I know that they can only be obtained if you buy RUSH HOUR.
    What I mean is whether it is a separate application, a new game, or is it within today's TSW2.
    I hope you understand me, I don't really know how to explain myself.
    Greetings.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

They might have to start from scratch with the ACS-64 , as it wasn’t preserved collection . I’d imagine it wouldn’t take long though

15. dcnine#5410

I think they do; at least Wikipedia says they do. IC 55 and ICE 50 apparently go all the way to Riesa, and a lot more travel between Dresden HBF and Dresden Neustadt.

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

Okay:

There are two things which will release simultaneously late this summer, and this has caused some confusion:

A) the TSW2 game update. This will be FREE. An automatic update to the TSW2 core which will shift to UE 4.26 from 4.23 and make other functionality/efficiency improvements. This does not contain any content (no routes or locos).

B) Rush Hour. This is a bundle of three routes: just like any other route DLC, except you get three for the price of one (25 GBP/30 Euro/30USD)

• Like Like x 5
  17. solicitr

They can start with the BR 182, since basically the ACS 64 is just another Eurosprinter variant.

18. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

This is what I meant, thank you so much for clarifying it.
    Greetings.

19. doublefine7

So for IC and ICE services running to Dresden: There is an ICE running to Frankfurt/Main or Wiesbaden. Then you have IC2s running to Berlin and to Köln via Hannover. So there are IC and ICE services, theoretically the route could take profit of almost all german rolling stock besides the 101 because the IC services are Dosto-ICs.

20. solicitr

So, room for the 101 and 411. Which means that BRD might become the layer champion of TSW, especially if they include shunting services for the 204 or 363. Better yet, add some special heavy freight services for the 155, on top of its usual sub-for-the-185 appearances.
    EDIT Sorry, they're IC2's

*DTG simply must put out the ICE-T as a DLC.

21. solicitr

But DTG would have to do a white 146, and 5th-gen IC2 Dostos (not the 4th gens we currently have)

• Like Like x 1
  22. doublefine7

Actually the 146 on IC2s are different in technical terms. They are newer and mostly 147s are used. So DTG cant just repaint the 146s because the IC 146s are different.

• Like Like x 1
  23. doublefine7

Its not a new game, its within TSW 2. Imagine TSW 2 being a HUB or a Storage and the DLCs you buy are packages that get stored and you can go anytime to any package and open it. Rush Hour is a new package added to that Hub.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They make the IC2 as Future DLC for Dresden

• Like Like x 1
  25. solicitr

Perhaps, but I'd rather see the ICE-T

26. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Class 395 Javelin, GE P42 DC or GE P32 AC, DB BR 101 (obviously they never insert in a single bundle 3 aces like those ones)

We are looking for the American flagships (most iconic or representative) passenger loco since the TSW day one.
    I like the ACS-64 (and would love to review optimized/corrected NY NEC... with a working safety system) but it would be just the US version of the ES-64 (now also spammed in MRCE livery: 183 MRCE instead of another 182, no?). Not exactly an icon of the United States railway.

• Like Like x 3
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think there is anything such as a dedicated train modeller or artist. If you can model a train you can model a station. The modellers will have been modelling a lot of route assets instead of trains. There has been some remodelling and setting up, and there will have been artwork done on the trains. If you read the recent article about making the timetable for the Hamburg route is was the chap’s first time doing that particular job, the staff can be redeployed to whatever is needed.

On a similar subject, people have been asking for longer routes and having fewer unique trains is the result of that. The resources are deployed differently. If people want to go back to having more trains in routes maybe the routes need to be shorter again. Fast food for long thought.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

You know that's not a problem.
    Anything is everything anyway.
    All rolling stock has wheels so it wasn't feasible to make something new instead of reusing old stuff.
    When basically there is no difference between coaches and Waggons anyway.
    Only dumb TSW haters will notice differences. /s

• Like Like x 1
  29. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Im fairly sure they dont really use inhouse train modellers - I think ALOT of them are freelance. Im sure they have the odd guy on the team who can but Id be confident to say they buy alot of models in.

30. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

They have inhouse modellers, there was a stream about it some days ago. If I remember correctly only 5, so they must be busy working.

31. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about that. In my youth I tried 3D modelling for MSTS. While object modelling was quite normal to learn, train modelling was something entirely different. I even got so far I modelled my own road system back then and some stations with a dedicated LOD and mipmap - system which I was quite proud of but I never got as far as modelling trains. You had to pay attention to so much more details, so much more accuracy was needed... and that was before animations and cab modelling - and for MSTS which looked OK back then but compared to nowadays... ooof. :D
    I tried it for myself and while I was quite confident about my object modelling skills trains were far more complicated and time consuming.
    And credit where it's due - the description 'artist' is well deserved for the folks who build TSWs rolling stock.

Considering that I could imagine there is some personell shortage indeed at DTG recently as this would explain the shortage of new upcoming trains.

• Like Like x 6
  32. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

There is though? What the hell are you talking about?

Don't know about the german and the UK route, but the NEC will have the ACS-64, which even though we had it in TSW, it's new for TSW2, along with the Amtrak coach. And the MBTA's F40PH is also a bit different to the CalTrain one, though I guess we can call that the same one. But the coach for the MBTA train will be totally new, most likely, as they don't use the same ones as CalTrain does.

• Like Like x 2
  33. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

I'm definitely not going to complain about reusing stock on a pack of three reasonably long routes for the price of one. I do think they will have to include a cab car for the MBTA commuter rail since South Station in Boston is a terminus station. It's also not as though they can invent new stock to run on these lines, if they include what runs there in real life I'm happy.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes and why not? There were lots of outsourced modelers for TS20XX. You can bet that some of them have learned or are learning to use UE to make loco models, so you can expect plenty of 3rd party locos and other assets in the future. Makes very good business sense. There are some very creative and talented people out there.

• Like Like x 1
  35. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I don't know what's going on. Is there three new routes included for TSW2 in rush hour? Will we see those routes on roadmap?

• Like Like x 2
  36. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So for Riesa-Dresden:
    I guess it will have layers for the 101 and no 146.5, because that was what you had got in Ts2021. Apart from that, we can not be 100% sure if these are the routes we will get. And if they are-that’s cool because Riesa Dresden has some interesting signals- if not: We will get other ones. In my opinion these are going to be the routes we will get.
    For the freight services on BRD: I would love to see the Br185.2,the ES64 U2 (black Taurus from HBL) and the Br155 as locos we can use for the freight services. And who knows, maybe we will get some new freight waggons this time ;D

• Like Like x 1
  37. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

we have to wait till tuesday. This article poped up somewhere this morning and the whole Forum is going crazy right now. If this article is true, then we will get a DLC with three routes for 29.99€.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

You probably need some shunters as well as there are yards in Dresden, industrial zones in Riesa and a big chemical facility in Nünchritz. It would be a shame not to use those.

• Like Like x 4
  39. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  40. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Talent 2 has a 5 and 3 Cars Unit coupled together.
    So make it right

41. Crosstie

As far as reusing existing locos is concerned, it makes perfect sense on this part of the NEC. The ACS64 Sprinter is the standard Amtrak locomotive for the entire Corridor and the F40PH, in its various iterations, is universal in the US on commuter railroads. I can't imagine what else they would use, unless it was an old GP40, an MP 36 or an HSP 46, which would require building from scratch.
    On a different note, can we expect any local freight services in this section of the NEC in the future?

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. solicitr

That's simply not true. At DTG, at least, they are completely different teams of people, and apparently it requires different skillsets. Besides trains being modeled at a vastly higher level of visual detail than static assets, nothing about modeling a station or a tunnel resembles doing the physics modeling for rolling stock.

43. kosti.nuuja

I can't find anything about rush hour in trainsimworld.com.

• Like Like x 1
  44. solicitr

The 64 pulls practically every Amtrak electric train there is. The only ones that aren't behind a Sprinter are the diesel Charger trains, and the Acela.

• Like Like x 1
  45. solicitr

It was a leak, which has since been taken down.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  46. Doomotron

What routes are included?
    The 395 isn't really the UK's flagship train, I'd go with the 390 for that.

• Like Like x 3
  47. solicitr

Yes indeed. It's a real pity that no German route so far includes layers for the 204 or 363.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Crosstie

You could be right, but can I ask how you know this? I mean I've never seen any public organizational charts for DTG. Perhaps you have some inside knowledge?

• Like Like x 1
  49. kosti.nuuja

Should we not know about rush hour yet?

50. solicitr

Something which was said in a stream; I don't remember whether it was Matt or Sam or Adam or whom. But they were addressing this very point, that they don't have the same people modeling trains and building routes, and that very different skillsets are involved.

• Like Like x 1