Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NJT Railfan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

Just like Run 8. I think multiplayer would be a fun feature for this realistic train simulator. I remember in "The future of Train Simulator" video 2 years ago. I asked if there would be multiplayer on one of their youtube videos. And they answered it in The future of Train Sim video and their article on it. It states "Multiplayer is still heavily in development and will therefore not feature in the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta. However, we are planning for multiplayer to become a key feature of the Train Sim World experience and we’ll have more details on this in the coming weeks." We never got info in the coming weeks. Maybe this is what they are working on right now. We'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 21
  2. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Multiplayer is planned but it will take a while. We will probably get it after the Editor.

• Like Like x 7
  3. connorburn1

connorburn1 Member

I think that it sure cross platform

• Like Like x 4
  4. Guerra

Guerra Member

Mp would be great.
    I would like to share my driving cabin with another player and also i would like to see other trains driving by real players.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

will the multiplayer be very complex?
    i mean easy to learn but hard to master.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

Signals in this game looks bigger than actual which makes the game look unrealistic. Also why in train sim signal is appearing in HUD.in reality the signals don't appear in cabs too.

7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They look realistic. The signals DO appear in the cabs of modern trains.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Depends on the country, in germany there are no signals in the cabs.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Ok.

11. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

There are some locos which does not displays in cab signals like class 66 and diesel locos in US. The game should determine which loco to show in cab signal in HUD.Also the track signals look bigger than actual.

12. Anthony Pecoraro

They look actual size.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Seriously?

The HUD displays extra information so that players new to train simulation learn the concepts involved with signals and speed changes. It also assists in route learning.

You can turn all of this off. You can customise the HUD to your liking. This is not an issue.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Jonboy1003

Jonboy1003 New Member

When you are going faster than 160km/h the LZB shows you when you have to go slower, faster or stop. It shows you the actual max speed you are allowed to go. '000' = Red Signal.

15. Jonboy1003

Jonboy1003 New Member

The problem with Multiplayer is that it has to be very complex.
    You know, when there are actual online servers where you can Play with other players you've never Seen before... What If they go over the Speed Limit? Pass a Red Signal? The MP needs Dispatchers too to work.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Yes it's some kind of "in cab signaling" but it dont show you the signal aspect as in the NEC route. The LZB/PZB won't tell you signal aspect like the HUD does in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

You can turn all of this off. You can customise the HUD to your liking. This is not an issue.

But this will reduce the amazement due to any surprise a scenario provides which we got earlier in TS2018.TS2018 is still very much lovable by everyone.The only area where it is beaten by TSW is scenery quality and train physics.

If Dovetail does'nt deviate too much from TS logic and focus only on where TS was lagging It will be a great idea

18. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

What is the weather combination for getting lightening or thunderstorm can any body tell?

19. Anthony Pecoraro

There aren’t thunderstorms in TSW yet.

20. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

You're working from the premise that everyone playing TSW has played TS. That may not be the case and that would be a bad way to design the game. Entirely new players to the train simulation genre need a helping hand to get comfortable before they switch those HUD options off.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Are you seriously arguing against multiplayer? I don't understand why people ever argue against new features, especially for optional ones like this. Presumably multiplayer is a separate entity from single-player and DTG doesn't force a gun to your head to always play multiplayer, it is something that YOU DO NOT have to use. The more content the better.

I could care less about the new Somerset Railway route as I really have no interest at all in 20 mile heritage railways, but I'm not going to complain and throw a tantrum about it. You don't have to buy the new routes, just like you are not forced to drive with HUD on ect.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Good lord, calm down. He's not arguing. He's just stating the difficult points of implementing multiplayer that dtg will have to address if/when they work on it. It's undoubtedly not going to be simple. At no point did he say it should or shouldn't happen. Everything he said is perfectly relevant to the discussion of TSW having multiplayer.

Throwing a tantrum is exactly how I would describe your response.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  23. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

24. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

25. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

26. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Hello everyone,

I thought I would share my personal opinion on the matter, while I completely agree having multiplayer would be awesome as hell, a virtual railroad of sorts, but as of right now. With all the bugs/glitches, incorrect signals, the necessary railroad infrastructure thats missing or half of it missing, along with sounds and visuals, and lack of services that you're able to do. (Just to name a few things) Personally I rather have DTG focus on the problems first and foremost before they worry about multiplayer. Why add to it??

Secondly, Honestly I wish DTG would stop releasing new DLC and focus on the problems that they currently have. I get it they do that to generate funding but its like throwing money down the toilet, without fixing any issues. Unless the DLC is perfect or near perfect then I would hold off. But thats just my opinion.

So don't get me wrong I would love to see multiplayer come to TSW and TS but as of right now and this very second I honestly think that DTG as more important matters to address.

• Like Like x 1
  27. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Nice signals you got there trainfan, but you're missing a few. By any chance would you like to have a lot better source then google images when it comes to signals??

28. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

Those google images must have been taken unanimously and can be taken as a generality of what train signals look like in real world. In TSW signals are not so realistically animated.

A train sim must provide the illusion to a player that he is driving the train in the real world.Such illusion can be provided by AI trains, signals, realistically simulated physics and all such combinations etc. All such combination done in a way that all PC resources fully utilised in such a judicial way that a player does not get away from the illusion he wants.

29. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

Why do DTG introduces weathered locos and charge additional for them. A train sim is a place where a person comes with an interest to feel like in real world. A weathered loco stained with oil and grease will more solve the purpose for it then a loco without these. So every locos in TS or TSW should be stained with oil and grease as they found in real world. Afterall this is a train SIM

30. Anthony Pecoraro

Some companies only allow DTG to make their content clean.

• Like Like x 1
  31. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Yeah I dont know why DTG doesn't make the locomotives and railcars weathered or show the signs of aging and heavy use, and being able to take them to a locomotive facility for maintenance and if ignored for a specific length of time then that locomotive doesn't run properly or as problems of starting.

32. Anthony Pecoraro

Read my comment above.

33. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Matt P. has stated several times in his twitch feed when this question comes up on weathered locomotives that DTG is limited in what they can do by the license the holder grants them. And since DTG has gone the route of getting licenses for all their rolling stock they are very careful not to endanger those licenses. Third party freeware "reskinners" are not bound by licenses since they are giving their creations away and so on places like www.railworksamerica.com, uktrainsim.com and others - you will be able to find weathered versions of some liveries.

• Like Like x 3
  34. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Yeah I know that and I was basically agreeing with trainfan on his or her point :). You know that be cool, kinda thing. And I throw in my own "wish" in there regarding taking a locomotive to a locomotive facility and getting it serviced, but there no building any thing. So its pointless. Just thinking out loud.

35. Giacomo Giugiaro

Giacomo Giugiaro Member

Service mode already makes it easier to implement Multiplayer. As long as you have a server running 24h, players can take on services and leave them to the AI whenever they want.

Once in the early 2000's there were some virtual companies that mimicked actual railway operations. Since there was no MP like on MS Flight Simulator, drivers on MS Train Simulator would simply run activities and send reports to the manager. I still remember the spread sheets with all the drivers registered with CP Virtual and their virtual salaries. I'd see such a thing have a return with Train Sim World once MP is added.

Same couldn't be said of the MP implementation on OpenRails and Trainz. Since these don't have stablished services and competent AI, while allowing free drive, players usually just clumped in one place and made a huge mess.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  36. bgrondin611

bgrondin611 New Member

I realize how long this thread has been inactive for, but I just figured I'd add my personal input. For the longest time I was actually anticipating and looking forward to Multiplayer capabilities in this and previous sims, but now that I think about it there's always going to be some idiot who would probably just crash trains together and ruin it for everyone. I was disappointed for a long time that this seemed to be something that would not be followed through on, and now at this point I've stopped caring whether or not this feature is ever implemented. Besides,I'll probably turn 40 by the time they're ready to do so.

37. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Private servers could be implemented. Plus server types could vary, like serious, relaxed, carefree, and etc.

38. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

Yeah I agree with you Big P . But before MP they should introduce the dispatcher mode for player. Currently dispatcher is run by AI.If some one wants to play the game as a dispatcher it would be a great fun and blessing for the multiplayer too.