Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Last I read, there were about 4.5 million PS 5's out in the world, compared with about 120 million PS 4's. I imagine Microsoft's ratio is similar. Don't know about earlier versions of the consoles, but the numbers are likely still substantial. A long way to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I think they should just updated the official homepage tomorrow, instead of on may 4th because we already know what is going to be, But they should show us more screenshot of these new routes and train set, and other detail as well and more detail about the passengers volume, and if they are updated or not.

• Like Like x 3
  3. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I think this 'rush hour' in terms of timetables could mean fictional timetables added for additional traffic (+ the "normal"/irl timetable)? So we could end up seeing additional timetables added to other routes that feature this 'rush hour' experience.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They won't do that

• Like Like x 2
  5. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well I’m pretty sure all these routes are set in pre-covid times (2019 or before that), so a “normal” timetable would mean more trains in the mornings and evenings.

• Like Like x 3
  6. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

The service I played tonight was on a route based in the mid 1980s UK but the date showed 2nd April 2021! If Class 45s, 40s, and 101s ran now id be all over that route in the real world If not a month later.

• Like Like x 4
  7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

current timetables in game don't offer a true "rush hour" experience though. There aren't that many services where you chase yellows or get held (there are some but not enough imo). That's where I think the additional timetables will include a lot more of... Or I'm just wishful thinking :D I guess we'll find out Tuesday

• Like Like x 3
  8. edward.gregg

Hopefully the Rush Hour addon will add more interactivity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. edward.gregg

Oh let them have their moment! We will all be tuning in to see what is said :P

• Like Like x 5
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct and guess what GWR and class 387 matches because if you go to GWML with the NHS UK FFP2/FFP3 mask requirement you should realize those are actually operating limited stops Paddington to Reading via Slough & Maidenhead

• Like Like x 1
  11. edward.gregg

But GWE doesn't have the OHLE complete to Reading.

• Like Like x 1
  12. driverwoods#1787

Give it the Babylon Branch so that you can just simply fly down the middle track from East River Tunnels to Jamaica. However in game the Babylon branch train needs to be held at Jamaica interlocking to let Hempstead Branch Hempstead bound bound 8 car trains then the Babylon branch train 8-10 car M7/M3 towards Babylon via St Albans Lynbrook Rockville Centre. Most of the trains that run Penn Station to Jamaica unfortunately stick to the local track in actual Rush Hour practice those Penn Station to Jamaica trains just stick to the middle track bypassing Woodside Forest Hills and Kew Gardens Union Turnpike

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

Ok then but how about Hayes and Harlington just like 5 September 2016 when the BML Class 387s entered GWR service.
    Video is by Chris 125 on GWR Class 387 Hayes and Harlington to London Paddington Station.

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

How about the classic train simulator 21 Class 419 BEMU those can be coupled to a 4VEP in BML service. Here's the catch with Class 73 is that it has a different mode of operation electric mode and check train simulator 21 manual for Class 73 BML on how to deal with it. Otherwise if you can't handle the electric mode class 73 operation just run it on diesel mode.

15. edward.gregg

Yes but the TSW route does not have complete OHLE to reading. I personally rode a 387 to Hayes and Harlington in 2018, and spent the night there for work. Lovely place! It has an air of a Islamic market, but with a Wetherspoons xD

• Like Like x 2
  16. driverwoods#1787

ok then and if you own BML & GWE the Class 387 can be given it's own timetable service to Hayes and Harlington then a future update for GWE should extend the overhead wires all the way to reading. So that Class 387 Challenge Runs occur.

• Like Like x 2
  17. edward.gregg

From what I see with scenario planner you should be able to operate it on the GWE. as Sam in is scenario tutorials has been running the 375 on the Trans Pennine route.

Yeah you should be able to run to Hayes. The OHLE should be complete to that location :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

The OHLE on the GWE route is only scenery and not Live in the Game.
    Therefore the class 387 would have to be run in off the Rails mode.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-2_22-13-21.png

There's a teeny-tiny part of me that wonders if the LIRR update delay is related to this and that they're trying to keep that a big secret (but that's just my brain being super speculative, I know that's not happening). Just for fun tho, it's interesting how many things have made it through the QA/Beta process since August, but all of a sudden there's a hiccup with the LIRR update. Again, just a joke/speculation.
    But you gotta love how once again they're pushing the preserved collection to the back making us wait for it to make its rounds through Adam's team.

As far as the new NEC route goes, I'm excited to get out of New York (no offense to any NY-ers tho). I hope ACS and ACSES are properly implemented this time though on the ACS64. And to be the odd one out, I really like the purple F40 livery, but I might be biased on the purple part :)

• Like Like x 6
  20. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Well, at least we are not talking about the dostos in HHL any more.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I don't think they will change the timetable for most of the old routes (Bakerloo will be an exception). I think they will just update the passenger models and maybe quantity.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, I like Prince too, but......

23. solicitr

And with any luck, brains. Right now a herd of hamsters would act with more sense.

• Like Like x 4
  24. solicitr

Besides, purple can look good on a train

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  25. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I love commuter rail and the f40 is one of my favorite locos. Can't wait to paint them into all the via schemes....

26. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling both of us about that it's not live and my assumption it's energized just like real life for use by class 332s in 2015. That section of the line electrification dates back to 1994 1998 the introduction of Heathrow Express and if you look at that portion right now you should probably see the Brighton main line Class 387s operate GWR limited stops reading Slough maidenhead Paddington Station in addition to Heathrow Express. Bedwyn and Oxford Services are Class 166s

• Like Like x 2
  27. dark-rabbit

dark-rabbit New Member

$30 euros for 3 routes, it's cheap, but, at this price, am I the only one wondering about the quality of these routes ???

• Like Like x 3
  28. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think yes, because the routes in the Standart TSW2 Pack are also 3 for 30€, and SPG, SKA and Bakerloo are quite good, better than some stuff releasing alone for the same price

• Like Like x 3
  29. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Why does every assume this will be 3 routes for $30 what if it's $30 each.Now before you say naaaa no way dtg would do that,why not nothing about the cost has been confirmed yet.

Plus why does anyone think any 3 route train pack gonna be $30?

30. Tom Fresco

Well nothing about Rushhour has been confirmed yet its just a leaked article, where it says a price (30€) for the Rush hour Addon, which contains the three routes.
    Also Last years Summer Release / Route Pack was 30€, so why shouldnt this one cost the same.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. SHINO BAZ

And where does it say 3 for $30?
    Yes it's 3 route add ons,but it doesn't say 3 for $30 or $30 each,will have to wait and see.

32. Tom Fresco

Rush Hour is a new Add-On featuring three brand-new passenger focused routes for use with Train Sim World 2 (…)This Add-On will be available at £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99

Of course we have to wait until it gets officially announced, but the article says all 3 for 30€

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  33. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

34. SHINO BAZ

It just doesn't make sence for dtg to build 3 new routes and sell all 3 for $30.They are in business to make money,how do they profit by doing this.When almost every route they do is $30 each i can't believe they want to lose money doing this.

35. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Here is a flat-faced cuboid building at Gillingham station in the TS 2012 version of the London to Faversham route (circa 2011 for the build):

TS 2012 Gillingham Platform Building.jpg

Here is the same building at Gillingham, researched, designed and modelled ten years later, with the modelling and painting apparently done anew (?), using completely new much higher resolution textures (?) with supposedly more polygons (but again, still appearing as a flat faced cuboid...?) in the 2021 release of SouthEastern High Speed on TSW 2:

TSW 2 - Gillingham Platform Building.jpg

Gillingham is the next station along from Chatham, a few hundred yards away from DTG's offices, and it is the route that they (might) consider as closest to their hearts (maybe), as it is their home route. Let's see what London-Brighton brings. By the way - I am not complaining - I will buy the new three-route package and be very glad to have a TSW 2 version of London-Brighton, and I will buy it for both Playstation and PC. (Although in TS 2012 the London-Brighton line for me goes to London Bridge as well, and is route merged with the South London Network, and is playable with about thirty bits of relevant rolling stock).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  36. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It makes some sense. The rolling stock is mostly reused, so that part is relatively free. Overall the routes are something like a long time investment for DTG. For the price set nearly everyone will get the pack and then all of a sudden even those preferring just one nation DLCs have a sample of all. This can persuade them to get more from the country they wouldn't normally be interested in. And probably the most important part - all of these routes are ready for must-have loco add-ons (Acela, ICE-T, something British for sure :D). The pack is cheap, but if done well, it will bring in quite the cash in a long run.

• Like Like x 9
  37. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

They will make plenty of money from the 2021 package of three routes. One (simplistic) way to look at this is that they are selling:

- a German route with two free routes in UK/US to the central Europeans,
    - a UK route with two free routes in DE/US to the British; or
    - a US route with two free routes in DE/UK to the North Americans.

For each market, the two "free" super-discretionary routes is an additional pull factor. If they launched all three routes as individual routes at £25 each, they would actually make less money in each market. They've used this model for years, and it seems to work.

BTW - This is a simplistic mechanism, because there is a heck of a lot more going on when it comes to purchasing decisions across all markets, but that is why DTG employ so many people in their Communitying teams.

• Like Like x 8
  38. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Because of the bundle and the update they likely will sell it good and there is not a lot of new rolling stock, which saves a lot on costs. You will get three routes, but many people would have bought just one of them. Also Sandpatch, Bakerloo and SKA will no longer be in a bundle, generating additional sales, especially if the Rush hour update is applied on Bakerloo and SKA as well..

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They make like 1 Millionen Pfund with this, when they sold 50.000 copies for full price.

• Like Like x 2
  40. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Me too, they need to make 3 routes to be released in Summer 2021. I'm already predicting rushed and unfinished routes, which Will then months later be updated, typical DTG. But i hope that the routes will Come with quality...

• Like Like x 3
  41. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Well considering you’ve said in the past that you won’t buy or haven’t bought any recent DLC. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. You’ve resigned yourself to the quality you’re expecting already, save your money!

• Like Like x 5
  42. vogelm10

Or maybe our constant complaining has finally made them realize they need to appease us every so often with a more fair price. 3 routes for 30 is honestly too cheap and I am quite vocal about how over priced the dlc is on this game.

So London to Brighton? On ECW Brighton station has a line that curves to the north is that the line to London? I don't know my distances for England but that alone seems like a really big route. To throw in a German line and an Amtrak route on top of it seems like we are getting Christmas (or Hanukkah) early this year.

Also it looks like the following items will become paintable, amfleet coach, acs-64,f40ph-3, hopefully a metroliner cab car, etc....this will be great if real.

• Like Like x 4
  43. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't describe it as really big. In terms of time it takes to traverse I'd say it's around on par with SEHS (around an hour). Although that's for semi fast/ express services. Stopping services will likely take much longer, probably the longest services of any British route in the game.

• Like Like x 6
  44. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Although the routes may have been leaked do we know when TSW2 Rush Hour will be released. TSW2 was released on August 20th last year, will Rush Hour be similar? If so seems silly to release news over three months beforehand.

• Like Like x 1
  45. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I can imagine it will be released some time in August, going off the release dates for TSW2020 and TSW2. Perhaps the the earlier announcement is so the release date isn't pushed back again?

• Like Like x 3
  46. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Well the reason the release date was pushed back was to enable livery designer and scenario designer compatibility for preserved collection routes, which would end up eating a few weeks (something that probably isn't as likely to occur this time around). The original date was slated for early August.

Given that there's probably less of a workload compared to last year (i.e. a bundle + some minor updates vs. a whole new title with several substantial upgrades + 2 new routes)... I'm willing to bet that we'll see Rush Hour release sometime in the latter half of July. This was the same time frame in which the TSW2020 update was released as well. :)

• Like Like x 6
  47. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

"Summer" could be anything from June 21st to September 21st though as 4COR suggests, August seems a good bet. Hopefully my replacement video card will arrived by then!

• Like Like x 1
  48. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Developing 3 new routes must take a fair bit of time, so my money's on early-mid August right now. I wouldn't mind seeing it in July though :)

• Like Like x 3
  49. vogelm10

If they were sneaky this will all have been being worked on this whole time which would explain the lack of regular updates for everything else.....

• Like Like x 4
  50. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

well, they surely have worked on it already for some time, else they will not be able to finish 3 routes until this summer.

I am not a big fan of all the recycled rolling stock, but I think that in this case, it is fair, as the rolling stock is fitting, and 3 routes for 30€ is a bargain. I just hope, that they fix some bugs on the rolling stock.

• Like Like x 5