In-cab Cameras

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, May 3, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Why don't the in-cab Camera Displays work in TSW 2? On the Class 377, the screen to the right of you is always blacked out, not showing any picture. It could increase the realism by having these screens actually be functional.

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, if dropping the framerate to 10-15 fps is 'realistic'....... Do you know how much processing power would have to be devoted to an in-game moving CCTV system?

• Like Like x 1
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Static images could be a possibility, I doubt a live feed ever will be though.

Either way getting all of these blank screens populated would be great, even in TS you get the “No Image Expected Here” screen.

I think that German units will be the first to see populated screens with a primitive Ebula system.

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which would be rather easy to do, and modders already have. All a basic Ebula display amounts to is a fixed schematic of the route, with stations, speed changes and kilometer distances. Obviously, traffic and signal state would be left out.

5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I agree , DTG have managed to implement PIS easily enough , no reason why in cab screens can’t be added to the electrostars . Maybe the 377 in rush hour will have them , but I think it’ll stay the same

• Like Like x 1