Apparently The Brighton Mainline Is One Of The Rush Hour Routes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, May 3, 2021.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

You'll have to excuse me, as I'm a bit out of the loop here, but it seems that Rush Hour has leaked and Victoria to Brighton will be one of the routes?

Personally, this is a massive disappointment. While it's definitely a step up from ECW I can't be the only one disappointed that we have yet another third rail route in South East England, with ONLY Electrostars- a train we've already had twice now. I was hoping we'd be able to get a modern British route outside of this area of the UK, with at least one new train as well.

Am I missing some information? Like I said I've only just learned of this leak so I'm a bit confused. Sorry if this came across as whiney, but I was genuinely disappointed when I learned this was one of the new routes and wanted to get my thoughts out there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yep, the Brighton mainline is one of the routes in the leaked TSW2: Rush Hour article. For those that don’t own ECW the BML won’t be a disappointment, but for those that do maybe these two routes could be linked in the future?

3. james64

I mean I'll definitely still play it and more than likely enjoy it, it's a great route after all... But man I wish there was more variety in this game. I can think of so many modern British routes I'd take over this.

It's one thing to have a route set in the same region and time period as two others, but to have practically no new trains at all?? I hope this doesn't become more of a pattern in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we’re gonna be seeing more routes with reused content, the Bahnstrecke Riesa-Dresden route coming up in TSW2: Rush Hour has 4 trains, but they’re all reused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

Yeah I would like Class 700 but that is from London Bridge to Brighton.

6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to it. I would like to see different trains though like the old yellow Connex trains. This would be perfect for Rush Hour as it would easily be able to accurately simulate the late running of them.

7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Not trying to start an argument. But you should consider that BML is one of the most proposed UK routes. Although I will agree with how they reused the 377 again. Maybe they could have added the London Bridge Terminus so that we could get Thameslink

• Like Like x 2
  8. speedy285steel

speedy285steel New Member

will the BML be limited time only or will it be always available to buy when it comes out?

9. james64

That's true, I have seen it requested a number of times. I myself have often been driving the 377 on ECW and thought to myself "this is fun but I'd love to drive it up to London". I guess I'm just worried that this and Cathcart will be the only modern British routes we're getting for TSW2 in the future, at least for a long time.

I agree with the London Bridge Thameslink thing, although choosing Victoria does make more sense overall, being the terminus of Gatwick Express and a more iconic location. The 455 could be DLC although I'm not sure how far south they actually run, so it might only be a small part of the route.

10. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

I don't understand how it'll work, service mode would be very dense with a lot of services on the London end of the route.

If consoles can't run the full Munich to Augsburg timetable, how the hell are they gonna run Clapham Junction??

• Like Like x 1
  11. james64

Well either with proper optimisation (something DTG are bad at) or they simply won't. I have Munich to Augsberg on PS4 and I still have fun with it.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I really hoped we’d get BML with the 442, the 387 is nice, but as you say, we have too many Electrostars, too soon.

Electrostars are of course very common in the south, but we really need DTG to move onto other areas of the UK, because as exciting as the BML sounds, it’s really too soon to be giving us even more electrostars, and it’s sort of let that announcement down for me.

There’s also going to be community outcry for 50’s - 80’s UK content pretty soon, since the main chunk of UK DLC so far has been modern, which will probably mean waiting a while for alternative modern UK traction.

Im sure a lot of us are very anxious to receive 15x’s, 175’s, 170’s, 220/1/2’s, 395’s, it’s just a shame that we keep getting Third Rail EMU’s and then 90% of them are an electrostar.

13. james64

I'm fairly certain Rivet's Penzance- Truro will be set in that period, according to the code it won't be any more recent than 1990.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It will be, but it’s a regular sight on the forum to see people numbering routes up against each other to see who has more, it’s petty but it is what it is.

My point is that 3 modern routes have now been electrostar serviced, we have too few routes that explore the rest of the UK in the current time period.

• Like Like x 2
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Cathcart Circle

16. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Hardly like they'd have been able to survey new routes, this is at least a good use of the time and resources!

I'm looking forward to a complex set of workings on the refreshed BML all the same!

• Like Like x 1
  17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

3 out of 5 uk mainline routes set in modern times has electrostars, I stand by saying too few routes exploring other stock options.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  18. james64

That's just suburban EMUs as well. I think I and some others want modern diesel traction as well.

19. james64

I am still looking forward to the route. In fact I've quite warmed to playing it. I just wish there was a little more variety, hopefully we'll see more varied routes in the future.

20. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

It'll be a good route to drive if they've made it properly! The TS Classic route albeit old is great!