If You Could Add A New Route To Tsw2 (no Re-used Trains), What Would It Be?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by speedy285steel, May 3, 2021.

?
  1. England

2. Scotland

3. Northern Ireland

4. Wales

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. speedy285steel

speedy285steel New Member

After i head about the Brighton Mainline being featured in rush hour, I kinda wanted a route that wasn't third rail, and had some new train included, any ideas? (Also, you can use routes from TS)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Great Eastern Mainline, preferably making use of 321s and 90s. Though the 745s and 720s would certainly be acceptable. A historic version would be awesome too, I'd love the drive some of the 1st generation EMUs.

Anything in and around the North West would be great too, there's plenty more that can be done in and out of Manchester.

• Like Like x 9
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

East Coast Main Line Kings Cross - Peterborough, Branch routes included Moorgate, Hertford North, Cambridge. Though it would be nice to have some different traction than modern stuff. Although that would be a lot of work Traction wise.

Scotland would be nice, just for the scenery but then I am not sure people do it just for that. Edinburgh Waverley to Fort William / Aberdeen maybe.

• Like Like x 5
  4. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

My dream routes are:

King's Cross to Peterborough with Class 91s, Azumas and 700s (HSTs would probably be re used although you specified no re used trains)

Euston to Birmingham New Street with Class 390s and 350s, perhaps 221s as DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Liverpool to Leeds via manchester Victoria.
    I think it should be a TPE route.
    Trains: Nova 1, 2 and 3, class 66 (possibly the class 185 as well as DLC)
    It would have the first Bi-modal train in-game where you would switch from diesel to overhead power at Manchester Victoria because the route to Leeds is not electrified.

For further depth, I think it should go along the original Liverpool to Manchester line via Newton-le-willows as well, therefore we would have the first inter-city passenger railway in the world in TSW2

I think this would be a good route to choose because not only does it go across a very historic railway, but the route across the Pennines is very scenic and it adds a good amount of variety because of all the destinations and the different freight duties you could run.

We also need more route set in the north that aren't either: set in the past, have no modern trains or where the route is not electrified. Two out of the 5 trains I mentioned aren't even in Train Simulator so it's a great opportunity for DTG to take whilst they still have it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ber#3067

ber#3067 Member

Norwich to lowestoft & Yarmouth

• Like Like x 2
  7. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Kings Cross to Peterborough/Cambridge

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

West Coastway with the thameslink class 700 and GWR class 158

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I voted for England and want to see London Overground, particularly North London line. It has 23 stations, the journey time is about an hour, and starts from Richmond to Stratford. Additionally, it uses the Class 378 and Class 710 Aventra.

• Like Like x 3
  10. borg#1850

Interesting in some ways that everyone seems to be talking "Modern" trains, does that show the age range of people playing TSW? Maybe we should have a poll of age ranges. in 10 year marks

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

West Highland. With C11s.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  12. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Modern day great eastern mainline with accosted branch lines, with 360, 321 and 90
    C2c would also be nice, with the 357

• Like Like x 6
  13. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

ECML 70's Newcastle York with the 55's complimented by 03's. Take your pick of 40's, 45's and 47's to add on top and throw another 101 in there for good measure!

• Like Like x 4
  14. mdh757

mdh757 Member

Blackpool Tramway. Modern Flexity trams run alongside the heratege fleet. There would be a fantastic mix of old and new. Something that's not been done in the game before. Fantastic tram line from Starr Gate in Southern Blackpool to Fleetwood Ferry Terminal. Lots of nice scenery. Imagine how good it would look on the dark if they included Blackpool illuminations.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Merseyrail. The entire network (Northern & Wirral lines) with the 507/508 and 777.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

West Coast Mainline Liverpool to Crewe or beyond. Any era of the last 50 years would be fine and any trains that use the line would be fine by me, although I have a big soft spot for the Class 86 and 87 in BR blue, so one of those would be awesome.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The Cumbrian Coast Line from Lancaster to Carlisle with a 156.

The Leeds North West Triangle (Airedale and Wharfedale Lines) with the 333 and 158.

• Like Like x 3
  18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be fair a good chunk of the older stuff would include 45’s, 47’s, 40’s, 37’s & 101’s.

something a little older with pacers and sprinters would be nice though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Something along those lines is likely to happen if the Merseyrail license is possible, the 313&314 pretty much lay the groundwork for the 507/8.

• Like Like x 2
  20. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the Midland Main Line Sheffield - Loughborough via Derby, Class 222 Meridian. The length is just over 53 miles with 5 stops en route (depending which service you are running). If they really wanted to, they could even push it to 65.5 miles and take it down to Leicester.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  21. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

West Coast Main Line from Preston to Edinburgh. ( Or Glasgow)

West Highland Line in Scotland.

NYM Heritage Line. Pickering to Whitby.

Curve ball choice for us oldies. A line that’s long been a victim of Beaching’s cuts so we can remember or see what they were like. For example the Carlisle to Edinburgh Waverley Line. My personal choice would be the Penrith to Keswick ( And even better ) Cockermouth Line. Ok the curveball choice will never happen but it’s nice to dream. :)

• Like Like x 3
  22. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

The CKP would be dream as you say. With it's crazy gradients and scenic beauty it would be a hell of a route. It would also bring something unique in that it's a disused line. I'm not sure there's much reference material to work from sadly although much of the infrastructure is still in place.

Similarly, as per the start of the video, double 50's over Shap would be nice....

• Like Like x 1
  23. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Nearly all of the route is still roughly intact including the tunnel outside Keswick ( See my avatar picture ) even the Moswell viaduct is still there after campaigning to stop it being demolished. Whilst there isn’t real life references of an actual railway being there now to draw upon there are plenty of archive pictures of the stations etc for reference so whilst it wouldn’t be exact they should be able to get it near enough to how it was. I’d love it to be double track as well because I can only really remember it as a single track. Either way if DTG did do a long closed line somewhere I think it would be very unique purely from a historical point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

For me it’s between Manchester Stations & Chester featuring Northern sprinters (literally any) and TFW 158’s or 175’s.

Or North Wales Coastal between Crewe or Chester and Holyhead with Avanti & TFW services (221’s 175’s 158’s Class 67’s are all options here).

• Like Like x 3
  25. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I'd vote for Gloucester to Cardiff main line set in late 70's early 80's complete with all yards on the route, the Severn Tunnel hump yards with class 13's would be cool plus the 2 smaller yards either side of Newport station, plenty of variety of both passenger and freight workings on the route with near limitless traction variety, do think it could be winner if ever made, maybe one day lol.........

• Like Like x 1
  26. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Class 13 were specifically and only for the Tinsley Hump I'm afraid.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  27. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Pretty sure we had some 13's down here too if I'm wrong I'm very much corrected and bow to you in humble defeat.

28. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I might add, yes to your suggestion, any 70's /80's route get a thumbs up!

• Like Like x 3
  29. borg#1850

Class 13's would be nice I must admit. I to think they only operated out of the Tinsley yard "But" something in my mind says that Seven Tunnel comes to mind as well. Maybe they tested one out there.

30. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I would like just about any UK route set between post steam and pre TOPS ('68-'73). A large variety of 1st gen diesel/electric traction, running with old numbering and using headcodes. :love: Otherwise full-on steam nostalgia; anything set in the '20s or '30s when our railway network was at its finest.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

West Coast Main Line North (Glasgow to Carlisle), set in the 90s/early 2000s, featuring the Class 86, 87 and 90.
    South Wales Coastal (Bristol to Swansea), set in the modern day.
    Phorum Peninsula (fictional route, previously made for Train Simulator and rereleased as the LT Heritage Collection).

• Like Like x 1
  32. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

I live in Wigan and also used to use Newton Le Willows a lot so any routes including those would be great! I'd love to see the Northern/Wirral Merseyrail lines and the North Wales Coast Line in some capacity too!

33. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

A route somewhere in Asia with a lot of palm trees, a croud on the tracks, colorful enviroment and unspellable stations. I like my GB. USA and german routes. Just added Swiss and France and hope it will continue more international. Hint. zig-zag line in Burma ;)

• Like Like x 1
  34. Spongebob

Spongebob New Member

Hi all! Would dearly love to see Kings x/Moorgate to Welwyn Garden city/Hertford North 313’s, 317’s, 365’s, 717’s, 700’s, 89, 90’s, 91’s, HST’s plus a lot of choice in diesel loco’s..... I think expecting all of the above may be a bit much, but a few of these on this route would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  35. borg#1850

HST would be great, considering they are now being withdrawn.

• Like Like x 1
  36. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I would like to see modern UK trains, like the new ones from Hitachi, Bombardier and Stadler, as High Speed ones like Azuma, and regional ones like Trans Pennine Express, etc.
    The same about US newer diesel freight locomotives, like GE ES44AC / SD70ACE and the newer T4 models
    We already have several "old" models available.
    As to routes, any new one be ok, but please with more length. 70 to 100 km.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more of the Northern Trans-Pennine route, extending to the coasts in either or both directions. Preferably with loco hauled trains, as we have now.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  38. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

For UK, Manchester to Preston. Could have 2 Routes for variety, via Chorley and via Wigan. 319s, 331s, Nova 2s and electrostars.

For non UK, Utrecht to Amsterdam/Schipol. Lots of different rolling stock for that.

• Like Like x 4
  39. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

England, chiltern mainline
    London to Banbury with the Oxford branch aswell
    Rolling stock: Class 168 Clubman, Class 165 networker turbo, Class 68 Diesel electric loco and the MK3 DVT [and refurbed Mark 3 coaches]

40. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about London to Portsmouth via Guilford
    SWR Trains used are class 707 701 455 & 458. My other one is Manchester-Leeds via Halifax & Bradford the Calder Valley Line. For a non United Kingdom route check my signature for these suggestions United States NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line and Japan Aichi Prefecture Nagoya Tonkoname Line to Chubu Airport.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  41. jamster47

jamster47 Well-Known Member

London, Tilbury & Southend in modern c2c or Network SouthEast times.
    Sadly long ignored in trainsims.
    Would be a nice little route.

• Like Like x 3
  42. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

DTG should add some of the other Amtrak routes i know NEC is their favorite route but what about
    sunset limited
    pacific surf liner
    coast starlight
    California zephyr
    auto train
    southwest chief
    cardinal
    Acela Express
    Missouri river runner
    they have a license with Amtrak
    I know they already have the ACS 64
    they should look up some other trains Amtrak has such as the
    GE Genesis P42
    Siemens SC 44
    Siemens ALC-42
    (newest in Amtrak fleet)
    AEM-7(another source of electric trains for Amtrak)
    and those engines used on the cascades route
    plus some light rail trains based on city transit bus companies
    light rail trains
    siemens S70 H1 and H2
    CAF Urbos LRV
    Brightline (Miami to west palm beach Florida Orlando expansion coming soon airport and Disney world)
    they use Siemens Charger SCB-40 locomotives
    and Siemens Venture trainsets
    Brightline is an intercity rail train for Florida but will be high speed after 2022

plus think about it imagine driving a train with baggage cars coach cars dining cars and a sleeper car since they use view liner or super liner passenger cars nowadays as part of long haul travel and over night train travel to other cities in the USA and an observation car for all those wonderful sceneries throughout the USA i know DTG is a European company and they r all about UK Germany and France but there is so much in the USA DTG hasn't discovered so many cities throughout the 50 states the only USA routes they have is Peninsula corridor and sand patch grade LIRR and NEC all the rest r European French Canadian and German routes

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  43. Doomotron

Not sure how you could forget the Desiros...

If they make the route, it would be in SWT branding (DTG can't get an SWR licence it seems), and likely just include the 455, 450 and 444. Because they don't and probably won't have the SWR licence, there is little to no chance of the route having 701s or 458s (which are being used to replace the 442s and 450s).

44. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

I would love to see an addition to the Long Island Railroad. Would love to see when they finally get the East Side Access project completed to have the Long Island Railroad connecting with Grand Central terminal relieving the stress on the already overcrowded lines. I wish that they could include the "A" Train line. Starting from the north end of Manhattan running South along the west side of Manhattan along the river continuing down to Penn Station

• Like Like x 1
  45. driverwoods#1787

Sounds good to me and it should resemble Southampton Bournemouth SWML on sister game train Sim 21. The 458s do have SWT Paint

• Like Like x 1
  46. driverwoods#1787

The A train from end-to-end is 32 MI Upper West Side Inwood 207th Street down to Far Rockaway Queens where it can link with Long Island Railroad Far Rockaway Branch Atlantic Terminal to Far Rockaway. If you are wondering what is the missing section on Long Island Railroad it's this Atlantic branch East Jamaica to Lynbrook via Valley Stream Laurelton Springfield Gardens. At Valley Stream Far Rockaway splits from Long Beach branch which continues on to Lynbrook then split away from the Babylon branch

47. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

For German routes, if the following 2 were added:
    Duisberg to Wuppertal via Dusseldorf;
    Bochum to Hagen via Dortmund;
    Then it would be possible to traverse a huge number 9 with 3 existing lines, albeit you would have to change routes, or use a portal in the station to do that as has been suggested elsewhere.
    Don't think that these would be direct routes however and would each need two branches at Dortmund and Dusseldorf. But would create a massive continouos route.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Doomotron

The Portsmouth Direct Line has been done twice for Train Simulator, so really it should resemble that a lot more. :D

I am aware the 458s are in SWT livery, but they are/were a minority on the PDL, and therefore modelling them would be a waste of time. The 455s are much more common and are a very different driving experience to the Desiros. The 458s would make sense if DTG got an SWR license though, as they will soon be refurbished to be used on the Portsmouth Direct Line as a replacement for the 450s and 442s (which were being refurbished to replace 450s, but the project was cancelled and the 458s will replace them instead). The 442s were meant to operate fast services only, and while the 458s have a door layout better for suburban work, they may need to be used on fast services to avoid overheating.

If DTG got an SWR license once all the new/refurbished stock is introduced, it should include the Class 444, 458 and 701.

49. driverwoods#1787

you mean the Mk3 HST coach based class 455 a 3rd rail top contact 750v DC version of Class 318 dlc for Cathcart Circle. If DTG has SWR Licence they can watch a Geoff Marshall video of Class 701 for this route.

50. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Heart of wales line. or the Far north railway line Inverness to Thurso and Wick.