Train Sim World 2 - Mass Mixed Traffic

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 29, 2021.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

After your purchase you will have the least to say because they already got your money.

• Like Like x 3
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is called a review. I guess that's acceptable.
    Lots of it in various stores such as Steam :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'll look forward to your appraisal. You're usually very objective.

• Like Like x 4
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Perhaps due to the fact that ICE services along this route aren't frequent although saying that they are adding the DB BR 101 which only has 2 IC services (as it does in real life) which could be used as an argument to add ICE services

• Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, layering in the 101 isn't nearly the same thing as making a whole ICE-T train.

6. tallboy7648

That's because the DB BR 406 ICE3M doesn't run on HMA in reality and the DB BR 403 ICE3 does run and has some technical changes inside and outside the train. Particularly the 403 has a digital display and speedometer compared to the 406s analog speedometer and the 403 has less pantographs than the 406

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

I forgot to put that because not many ICE services run on the route, it would be somewhat pointless to add a brand new ICE train on this route. The ICE T would be better off in a different route

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They haven't put the new DLC on the roadmap because they wanted to have something to actually announce beyond it being a one liner in the roadmap
    I agree with this policy and don't think that Adam and Sam are the right people to be making such announcements
    If it were me (which it's not), I would have a roadmap stream about fixes, bug releases and developments in existing routes and interchange this with development logs / streams regarding upcoming routes and so on
    That way Tuesday becomes "development day" so you're either getting improvements to what we already have or something new upcoming

• Like Like x 3
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Of course I can see the appeal of announcing things with a bit more fanfare than adding one line to the roadmap, but I still don't like the idea of holding things back from the roadmap if they are actively working on them, and I also think a policy of "all or nothing" should be applied for this sort of things.

If [Core] Memory Optimization is on the roadmap the [Core] Passenger improvements should have been there as well.

Also what was wrong with the way they handled steam, right at the beginning they said: "Hey we started to work on Steam" and that was pretty big news, why not do the same with those routes and the passenger system. Until yesterday passenger was just "a thing we'd like to improve" and today is something that will be released in 2/3 months.

Completely agree

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

Actually, improved passengers was mentioned during the stream when they announced Rush Hour

• Like Like x 1
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes, just like the iconic german loco coming with Hamburg-Lubeck. Until it's not on the roadmap it would have been safe to assume the announcement was just written by PR people, to attract the non-TSW crowd. Railfest is not directly related to TSW anyway.

12. solicitr

I automatically disregard any statement which includes "iconic." ;)

(Besides, DTG won't do German vintage and all the iconic German locos are out of service now).

• Like Like x 3
  13. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I pretty sure there's a difference in meaning between iconic and recycled.I'll let you look it up if you want to know the difference between them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Great news everyone: As you might have seen I've put my thoughts not only in this thread but also commented the same message under the linked video. I've just taken a look at the comment section again and noticed that some critical comments are missing. So I've checked if my own comment is visible to other users and guess what: It's not. So either my comment got hidden by an automatic filter or manually.
    Whilst there are often many inappropriate comments under DTGs videos, why do they suppress any negative comments even if they have constructive criticism? Or is marketing more important to them than accepting a decision they've made which the community doesn't like? I can say one thing: I can't accept such behaviour. Over the last few months my opinion about DTG has risen quite a bit, with the general rise in quality, the work of the Preservation Crew and many other small things, but with the HBL preview and now this discovery my personal hype train has driven past the cliff's edge and crashed into the ocean.

My comment section:
    2021-05-02 22.35.12 www.youtube.com b2da7dbc655c.png
    Public comment section:
    2021-05-02 22.44.24 www.youtube.com eaa7cddcfae8.png

• Like Like x 4
  15. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Great another reason for them not to fix the game and delay the Preserved collection update AGAIN. How long is that update going to be pushed back for til they just remove it from the roadmap?

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

Then why are your comments here still standing and the thread not locked or erased?

I note that the publicly-viewable comments include negative ones, so it seems that that, at least in isolation, is not causing comments to disappear. How does your comment differ from the others, all of which seem not to have been hidden? Length. Everyone else wrote a line, you wrote a paragraph.

17. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Well if they would remove any messages here it would be noticed by almost everyone who had read the post before. On YT you can hide the comment so that even you can't notice your comment being not visible to others if you don't check without being signed into your account.
    I remember that there were more negative comments regarding HBL yesterday but now there is only one remaining. Of course I can't say why and how my comment got hidden. I'm entirely speculating from this moment on. Maybe DTG have "recycle" on their filter list, but these forums are just used by a very minor part of the entire TSW community. So my comment here will not have any noticeable impact on anyone but on YT there are people reading these comments that maybe just noticing the problems with HBL through this comment. So if you want to keep the shiny look published by the marketing department, you'll remove such comments as mine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Wow, if it's true that DTG removes negative comments, that would be a real ... (I can't write this without violating the forum guidelines.) :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  19. tallboy7648

Now if that is true about them getting rid of comments then that's not right. I thought dtg was open to criticism

20. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Generally, they are open to criticism as can be seen with these forums. But that negative comments on YT are hidden is very suspicious. And a comment can either be hidden through an automatic filter system that you can set individually for certain words or completely manually. Either way DTG tries to remove negative comments on their YT channel, whatever the reason behind this may be.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I was going to get this mainly to drive the 112 , but now I have found out the 143 is coming to Rush hour , which will have optimisation for next gen consoles , I’m gonna keep my money and save up for a series s

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

Good idea

23. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Today the BR 146 on Hamburg-Lübeck as RE80 5E40BD0F-7E28-43C3-ACAF-D441C3E3230E.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Look at those Dostos nicely lining up to the platform :D

• Like Like x 2
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No risk of a broken leg with those babies.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

There is a little step up inside, someone somewhere is definitely clumsy enough to break a leg on these as well :D But yeah, way more comfortable entrance. Also as these doors are significantly larger, they allow for faster boarding and exiting, ideal for a high passenger volume route like HHL

• Like Like x 2
  27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That's your locomotive on Main Spessart Bahn passenger services. What DTG Needs to do is layer the Main Spessart Bahn DB BR146 into Hamburg-Lübeck route to make that picture you posted playable in Game. This is another route where you can reach 160 kmh on DB BR146.2 like HMA RRO HRR SKA & Main Spessart Bahn.

28. tallboy7648

I guess some germans love putting graffiti on trains as well

29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve noticed a lot of graffiti on German trains when watching YouTube videos. Methinks the riff-raff have too little to do with their spare time.

• Like Like x 1
  30. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Unfortunately:(

• Like Like x 1
  31. SHINO BAZ

Well if those had been low door dosoto,hopefull they would have a guard with a stepbox for matt and other passengers to reach the platform.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  32. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    In America, they put step boxes outside to reach the car, in Hamburg they put them in the Dosto to reach the platform. :D

• Like Like x 3
  33. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Its always on Germany with this crap, even the Brandnew S-Bahn was full of Graffiti :mad::(

• Like Like x 1
  34. tallboy7648

Doesn't depots in Germany where these trains are held have security like the MTA does for the New York City subway to prevent people from putting Graffiti on the trains? It would solve that problem surely

35. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Most trains in Germany are parked out in the open. Long-distance trains usually have very little graffiti on them because they spend the night in the depot and are cleaned more often.

• Like Like x 1
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

This all stand outside today.
    But the Rails are really Dangerous because it’s like Lirr and East Coastway with Stromschiene.
    5AE03362-E1A2-4021-A728-B52C18BC52C0.jpeg

37. tallboy7648

Ah I see. Perhaps not parking them in the open would solve the Graffiti problem

38. SHINO BAZ

So if most graffiti happens at night,wouldn't it be risky doing this kind thing around the 3 rail power track.

39. tallboy7648

Back in the 70s and through the early 2000s in NYC, some people would put graffiti on the trains, and mind you they were next to the third rail. Some even put graffiti inside tunnels next to the third rail so clearly a third rail doesn't stop some

40. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The 112 lights need really to fixed important.
    And the low Dostos are crap with the high Station Platforms.
    89237B86-AAE7-48AF-AD36-525CB1CDE46E.jpeg

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The graffiti arrow above the light looks like a hint for DTG to move the lights a bit further away from each other :D

• Like Like x 1
  42. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Seems like it haha but on a serious note the arrow indicates on which side the graffiti is, when they're spotting in train stations they can tell on which side it is when it arrives

• Like Like x 1