S Bahn On Riesa-dresden Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, May 4, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

"This 65-mile route features a variety of branches including Meißen with the S1, Dresden Flughafen with the S2 and Großenhain."
    Does this mean that we are getting the full S1 and S2 lines in this route? That would be great because i´m a fan of S bahn routes and this could be the first complete s bahn route/network in TSW. That quote by dtg made me confuse, and i dont really know that much about the route it self...

• Like Like x 1
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I don't think the S-bahn lines will extend south of Dresden Hbf to Pirna (S2) and Bad Schandau/Schöna (S1). I did however make a suggestion for that part of the route from Dresden-Neustadt to Děčín, which could provide that part of the S-bahn lines, with it being optimal if a merger was somehow done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

It defiantly contains something extra, which is most likely going to be the S-Bahn lines. On Train Simulator, on steam it says:
    • 55 km (34-mile) route from Dresden Hbf to Riesa Hbf via Coswig
    • Also includes the adjacent 23 km (14-mile) fast lines for IC, ICE and freight services
    Thats a total of 48 miles, so there is an additional 17 miles of track that has been built. The S2 line (including the branch to the airport) is 19miles, so the entire S2 line is a possibility

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. jolojonasgames

I would love that, for new we'll just wait and see. I was already happily surprised by the long route length.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Steam says that Dresden Riesa has 105 kilometers with the branch lines

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Ok, searching time - DD-Klotzsche to Flughafen is 3,3 km, to Neustadt 6,7, so S2 branch is 10 km exactly. Meißen Trb-Coswig (S1 branch) is 10,6 km. Großenhain-Priestewitz is 5,3 km. These three together are just short of 26 km or... 16 miles. So yeah, the route probably won't go south of DD Hbf.

EDIT: Now that I've done the math, I've checked the stream of BRD on TS2021 and the Friedrichstadt branch/yard isn't there... and here we have no kilometres left for it... that's a shame, it is the busiest DD yard and the connector route through it to Coswig would be interesting to feature,

• Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

The connecting line from Friedrichstadt to Coswig mightbe a bit too much to ask, but the frieght yard is even visible from the mainline, so I really hope it somehow isn't included in track mileage. It not being in TS2021 doesn't predict much good for it though. I really wonder what other place they'll send the freight trains to. Friedrichstadt and the other areas around would be a good setting for additional BR 363 and 204 layers, which I just made a suggestion for. Those layers would really add some more variety to the route.

8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They might just have you hand them over at DD Mitte just before the junction to Friedrichstadt or DD-Hbf.

9. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

I couldn't find this quote on DTG's webpage, could someone point me in the right direction? :)

10. jolojonasgames

It's in the description on the steam store page ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Go to steam and see the description of rush hour

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Wow, 105km then Riesa - Dresden, almost 30km more than Ts route.
    This will then be the route with the km of railroad tracks in the game. Without a doubt, this will give a lot to talk about in the coming months, I can't wait to see more information.
    Greetings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jolojonasgames

This might be the very first time TSW outdoes TS in practically all aspects of a route (as far as I'm concerned).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Yes, the truth is yes.
    I hope this is a start for future longer routes and that they offer more options, but that they do not lose the level of detail that we all want.