Train Sim World: Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

unnamed.png

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I really hope so

3. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I am really happy with this announcement and where they are taking TSW2! Very glad to see a Series X/PS5 upgrade coming as it will make great use of the current generation systems. Even with myself being more interested in freight, I am excited about the passenger system and the routes announced with “Rush hour”. Can’t wait!

• Like Like x 5
  4. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

D’oh.... I definitely should have been paying closer attention! That does make sense actually, think I must’ve been too enthusiastic to jump in on PS5 without thinking it all through!!

5. Emil Benz

Emil Benz New Member

This is actually rather exciting news! As a US Amtrak fan i'm looking forward to the Boston end of the NEC, and since part of the Brighton to London Victoria line is one of the few lines in the UK i've actually ridden, i'm looking forward to that one as well!

I do hope that the Amfleet I cars get tweaked a little bit to fix a couple of annoyances i had with them in Train Sim World (if someone knows the correct contact for DTG in this regard, i can give them a couple of pointers :) ).

I am also glad to see the route lengths coming back up a bit. But, i am also hoping they are going to give players more access to stations and other areas (would LOVE to be able to walk through the engine room of the F40 for instance!). I worry those areas are starting to get cut back - and as a PC user, that exploration or lack of it can the difference between me playing (and purchasing content for) the Train Sim World 2 platform or just firing up Train Simulator 2021 instead..

6. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Boston and Dresden modeled in TSW, looks like both lines will have some nice traffic.
    But I'm not sure if I want this bundle, as Germany is getting it's 6th passenger focused route in a row. I had hopes that Dresden - Riesa would at least include the line over Friedrichstadt, which is used by both passenger and freight trains and would make the freight services at least a bit interesting. But no, it looks like DTG doesn't know freight exist in Germany and we only got 2 more branches of S-Bahn, which we have lots of in the game already. Not to mention that the RB31 is now cut and missing in the middle as there is a hole in the network. I get it that it's rush hour themed and it has to be built this way, but after 6 routes I think I get to rightfully complain.

It looks like it's going to be a fine route otherwise. I really like branched routes as it makes you feel like you are actually part of a network and with lots of different stock it's definitely going to feel lively. Really, it's Hamburg - Lübeck that should have been replaced with a route with actually interesting freight.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

VVO confirmed

• Like Like x 2
  8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Only really interested in the London - Brighton so might wait for a sale. Have they mentioned the RD at all?

• Like Like x 1
  9. _Crash_

_Crash_ Member

This makes no logical sense, since if London Brighton was release separately it would be the same price, as rush hour

• Like Like x 4
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

You can get 3 routes for the price of one and an upgraded passenger system . Why not get it ?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blacknred81

Some people may not want to use their harddrive space for a route that they will never use. (Steam isn't an issue, but it may be a problem for PS and Xbox users)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Can’t you uninstall the routes individually ?

13. Blacknred81

It depends on how these routes are bundled, default TSW2 routes I don't think you can, if they are sold individually then maybe.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Was wishfully hoping the 9 mile section from Keymer Jct to Lewes was modelled on the Brighton Mainline, so that direct trains could be run from Eastbourne to Victoria (with a switch of routes at Lewes)
    That is much more useful than the Redhill loop, which is only served by Peterborough to Horsham Thameslink services primarily (which can't really be played in game)

• Like Like x 2
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

My SSD is filling up (PC) and I don't wish to uninstall stuff I will never use, if I could install stuff individually then maybe. I do think the passengers should be upgraded by default as lets face it they have been poor to date. Also if the RD is compatible then again I'll take another look but I can wait for a sale otherwise, seems 'logical' to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

I was also hoping for the route linking and this section of BML, as this would offer a more broad variety of services

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thing with Northeast Corridor Boston to Providence it has Positive Train Control activated that's the train signaling system they need to implement.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Is it likely that the three routes will be offered individually, at some point, or will they remain as a bundle? Can't remember what happened with the last launch bundle, but I don't think you can buy, say, Bakerloo, separately.

19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s also a massive plus for Console Players too, finally having something akin to HMA traffic.

A supported route for the 101 with decent mileage is also nice to see so soon.

• Like Like x 3
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From the live stream it turns out that the updated passenger system is just a wish-list at present with some things that they are hoping to achieve and the busy timetables are just an instruction to the gameplay teams to make them busy but no updates to the dispatcher to achieve anything new. How much confidence does that instil that this update will be more than three passenger routes in a bundle? And that if it turns out as busy as they are making out that it will work well on a PS4 or xbox 1?

I’m less confident than I was before the stream, if I am honest.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, but see my post above.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Seems like the PS4/X1 will draw the short end of the stick with this one, and sort of gives us insight to why a next gen version of the game will arrive along with Rush Hour, I really wish DTG would go into more detail with these things so that we know what the actual situation is, because with the issues they’ve already had with the dispatcher, and layers for consoles, you would of thought they had made a good bit of progress with those issues before releasing something as ambitious as “the busiest timetable we’ve ever made”, how is that going to work for each respective build exactly?

As you say, they haven’t actually appeared to have made confident progress with any of the biggest issues in regards to traffic and passengers, so what is the actual deal here...

• Like Like x 4
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree that this question should be addressed definitively to allay your concerns. I'm somewhat surprised that it wasn't done during the stream.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well, this doesn't sound inspiring, especially that "wish-list" comment and lack of any dispatcher improvements.

Wonder if not everything that was leaked was supposed to be in the final public version, and now they've gotten themselves in a bind?

I think they should just admit it now, if so, rather than keep it in and "hope for the best".

Still, a good value for 3 new routes- that's how i'm going to manage my expectations. Whatever comes beyond that will be a bonus.

• Like Like x 4
  25. court692

court692 Member

I hope there’s a dlc for a thameslink train in the future as that will make the Brighton main line a lot more realistic

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I made a witty comment in the chat that my PS4 was getting nervous about how busy it could get and that was before my brain had had the time to process what had been said separately about how any memory and dispatcher improvements so far or expected weren’t going to result in layers being brought to HMA and weren’t ‘anywhere close’ to allowing the full Bakerloo timetable, so that’s why I’ve commented here because it could be a serious issue with the Rush Hour routes and beyond.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

When it comes to the rolling stock on the German route: i think it is sort of required that the stock that comes with the route is correct (correct livery, correct train, and so on). However, when it comes to layering (i.e. putting ICE services on), I don't mind it being the "wrong" ICE. I've already seen people complaining about it, and i would just like to emphasize that adding an ICE layer to the route is really important, it will add so much value even if it is maybe not the correct train from the beginning, but having this experience will be so valuable. And i think for layers this is a good work around.

• Like Like x 6
  28. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if this has been answered anywhere, so excuse my ignorance, but on the Boston-Providence line, will the MBTA set have a cab car at the back like they do in real life? Or will this be locked behind a future $20 paywall? Also I’ve heard nothing much about whether we’ll see freight or not, which would seem easy enough to add, especially with the “rush hour” theme implying lots of trains and busy schedules.

29. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, Matt said in the roadmap stream, that the MBTA F40PH-3 will come with the single-deck coaches and the cabcar.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but was there any mention of the Redhill loop being included on the Brighton main line?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Ah nice, I didn't watch the whole stream.

32. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It would make sense to create three individual .pak files for each of the routes and distribute them as a bundle then, so you can uninstall each DLC individually if you want to. For games like TS and TSW disk space is an issue. I recently had to buy a new 2Tb SSD, which makes gaming quite expensive ...

• Like Like x 1
  33. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I'm the same... When I can get hold of a next gen console. Still by time of release it will almost be a year since launch of next gen consoles so hopefully demand will have levelled off?

• Like Like x 2
  34. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it, and with Rush Hour it seems like a no brainer, TSW2 is a different game on next gen.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

DTG manages to surprise us every year anew, even if a whistleblower has leaked something the day before! ;)

Rush Hour is an addon bundle next to the big core engine update. So for the normal price of one route, you'll get three new routes. Amtrak is finally back on track and of course consoles players will get their next gen upgrade for free. Sounds great!

• Like Like x 1
  36. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Same, this is pushing me more towards a Series X. Given the HMA debacle I'm a tad concerned about how the new features and more frequent services will handle on my One S.

• Like Like x 1
  37. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

That graph bothers me in more ways than one. Mileposts are completely off and so are the speed limits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

This news is just a holiday for me! Thanks DTG, you made me feel good. London - Brighton is my old dream. NEC - there was a very great desire to have it. Dresden-Riesa is a very interesting study. I can't believe that all this will soon be with me. I really hope that these important routes will be performed at a high quality. My most anticipated purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  39. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

It is a pity that there will be no merging of the Brighton Main Line and East Coastway routes. If this is not done now, it will not be done in the near future.

• Like Like x 2
  40. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Although the three routes are sold as as bundle DLC I'm sure they will be treated separately on your respective systems. My logic is that when updates are made available they are on a route by route basis i.e. updates are made to the Sand Patch Grade DLC, but not the accompanying routes in the TSW2 core game bundle - Bakerloo and SKA.

• Like Like x 1
  41. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Yes in the stream Matt P said that linking of route DLCs was an aspiration but not something that was being actively worked on:-/

• Like Like x 1
  42. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why not include the ICE T or IC2 as Brandnew trains for Dresden? :(
    Or even just the 189 as Freight Loco and not a wrong recycling 185.5

• Like Like x 1
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah they mentioned last night that the BML would be their busiest timetable yet, and then didn’t say much else, so what does that mean for those that play on PS4&X1? Or even for PS5/XS, presumably the latter builds will support the additional layers for HMA and the same traffic timetables that PC have, but they haven’t said anything, in the usual DTG fashion.

• Like Like x 2
  44. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

If as Sam stated "It's months away" why anounce it now?

• Like Like x 2
  45. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Matt addressed this in the stream, pointing out that making routes linkable is something which, in the indefinite future, they would like to undertake, but that it would be a very big, complicated project, something on the scale of adding steam traction. However, just to prepare the ground, in case they do eventually decide to undertake it, they have made sure to use the same tiles for places like Hagen and Brighton.

At any rate, it certainly can't be done quickly, easily, or right now. (Also, there are no RL passenger services which run Victoria-Brighton- Eastbourne; the East Coastway's link to London goes through Crewe)

• Like Like x 3
  46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think the Redhill loop is a vital part of the Brighton Main Line as that’s used by the Gatwick Express (the up/down fast lines).

• Like Like x 2
  47. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The person you replied to said that only one of the three routes was of interest, so in terms of value for money it seems logical to await a sale.

Personally speaking, I purchased both LGVM and SEHS day one. Both experiences combined have taught me it’s better to wait for a sale, because the first sale usually happens right around when most of the important post-release fixes for a DLC have been issued. Probably even more true when three routes get released at once.

• Like Like x 2
  48. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's pretty much standard practice. If you look in your folders, you'll see that SKA, BKL and SPG are separate .pak files.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

GX mostly uses the quarry line, but the line via Redhill is pretty crucial to stoppers

• Like Like x 2
  50. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

It is a shame that the Brighton Mainline and East Coastway won’t join together. But, still looking forward to Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 1