Will There Be A Dovetail Games Monday Morning Emergency Staff Meeting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, May 3, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So does anyone think that dtg will have a emergency monday morning staff meeting(Holiday or Not)to get to the bottom of this massive screw up,where there big may the 4th surprise rush hour announcement details where leaked 2 days early leaving dtg with nothing left to well let people in on, on tuesday.Plus might somebody get canned before mondays over?

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Not likely, it’s a bank holiday here.

• Like Like x 2
  3. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Don't know why this leak thingy is such big news...
    Doesn't change anything and won't effect sales.... Guess it might have ruined someone birthday surprise somewhere on the planet but hey ho....

• Like Like x 3
  4. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

No screw up there, I think it went as planned, created a whirlwind if interest...

• Like Like x 3
  5. SHINO BAZ

Then why is dtg still advertising may 4 as rush hour day,with nothing left to excite people.

6. chieflongshin

Because it’s the weekend, marketing takes a lot of time to plan and it’s probably easier to stick to original plan and investigate more this week.

7. SHINO BAZ

This should make matt's 2 preview of HHL on thursday a very entertaining stream to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chieflongshin

I wonder if Sam will be there to reign the masses in, I bet it will be more questions about that than HHL

9. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

No, it's the best publicity they've had for ages!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Bigger question will Shino actually drive some trains or spend all day posting conspiracy theories?

I don't have a lot of time for politics at a local level but one of our failed councillors has a saying he trots out periodically "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you" and that certainly applies a lot here especially around internal DTG stuff and licensing which has been done to death.

Still I always know where to come for that daily dose of negativity.

• Like Like x 13
  11. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Likely it was an accident. In which case they will discuss how to avoid it.

Maybe it was on purpose. In which case job done.

Either way it’s generated a lot of talk. Can’t see any Emergency that has been caused. If that was the case community managers would have spent the weekend deleting posts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

It may all be part of a cunning plan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Because they took the article down , and they want to stop the news spreading and accumulating too much

14. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The question should be “Why wait for May 4th to announce it?” This goes against what they have previously said regarding putting things on the roadmap as soon as they get the green light. They obviously knew what was going to be included (and presumably the routes are “in production” if they are aiming for a August release) but decided not to tell us.

Serves them right if it gets leaked.

15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Because it's Star Wars day
    Probably because it's a big release, so they want to keep people intrigued in it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Go and have a look at the article on the Dovetail Live website now. Oh wait, you can’t. It will be up at the time in the announcement as planned, for the many people who haven’t seen it yet. As for the people who already know the details, they won’t be able to get excited again but that’s not DTG’s fault and they shouldn’t change their plans because of it.

17. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and plenty of people will have dismissed it as fake, DTG will need to clarify no matter what and Tomorrow is their first working day after it happened

18. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

To be honest not likely considering it's a Bank holiday for them, if anything they will have one tomorrow.

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

They took the article down after several hours, long enough for it to get re-posted several times on these forums and recorded in the Wayback Machine. And haven't deleted any forum posts.

• Like Like x 2
  20. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Your most likely find that most "leaks" like this aren't leaks at all, most are companies and developers with full marketing strategies to make it look like that someone is trying to get the info out to make them look more edgy, and to be honest you can see through it all from a million miles away, but the marketing strategy always works because you get many threads like this.

• Like Like x 3
  21. solicitr

Yup. Again: this didn't pop up on Reddit or Instagram, but on DTG's own dev site. On Sunday morning in the middle of a bank holiday weekend.

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It was very early on Sunday morning too, around 4am UK time when it appeared on this forum. By the time anyone that could do anything about it was out of bed, the damage was already done. Spilt milk by that point with no point spoiling anyone’s weekend over. As Lord Alan Sir Alan Lord Sugar might have said “I’ll see you back in the boardroom on Tuesday morning, where at least one of you... will be fired!”

23. solicitr

It wasn't all that early, though. It was about 5-6AM here, so midmorning, 10 or so, in London.

24. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Maybe they was drunk and hit the wrong button :P Mistakes do happen. I will calmly await the 3pm UTC announcement. Im more interested in the core update.

25. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Do you think Dominic Cummings works for DTG?

• Like Like x 4
  26. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Exactly, I haven’t seen the article and can’t be bothered to read through pages of drivel on this forum so I for one have no idea what’s coming.

No doubt it will make the stream even more entertaining when I watch it.

27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think it’s a stream, but just an article published online. The article a lot of us have already seen. There’ll be a roadmap stream tonight.

28. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It’s a combined rush hour roadmap stream tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  29. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The article that's on the website looks remarkably like the 'fake' one that's been about all weekend! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Deja vu

• Like Like x 1
  31. junior hornet

I’m waiting for the stream tonight when Sam says “Ha Ha, fooled you. There’s no new routes after all”.

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It doesn’t matter what time you first saw it, it was up on this forum shortly after 4am in the UK, so must have been visible for a while before that. I saw it at around 5.30am after being woken up by the cat and not being able to get back to sleep. By all accounts it was being taken down at around 10am, although I can’t be sure of the exact time because I was asleep again when it disappeared from DTG’s site.

33. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It was mentioned at the very end of the stream and was supposedly a "mistake " by someone forgetting to hit the privacy button. No one was taken to the woodshed and no-one got a promotion or pay raise. Sam suggested that they should routinely release this kind of information a couple of days ahead of the official announcement, so as to generate questions for the stream. Leaks have their uses.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  34. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Or just make the announcement a couple of days ahead of the stream - either way, it'll help build the picture of what needs to be answered.

• Like Like x 6
  35. chieflongshin

Good stream last night gents. :cool:

36. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

This reminds me of Yes Minister, where cabinet leaks are done on purpose, and enquiries are launched to not find the cause.

• Like Like x 3
  37. krustynuggets

Funnily enough that sounds like normal every day governmental procedures, that sitcom was probably way more accurate than anybody realised........

• Like Like x 4
  38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes it was. Lots of information and entertaining at the same time. Sam certainly knows how to moderate a discussion and get the most out of his colleagues.

• Like Like x 2
  39. chieflongshin

DTG Protagonist needs to be the speaker in parliament or have a tv show with his “no clucks” (avoiding censor) attitude .

absolute asset to DTG . I was impressed when he said he recognised a new person to the stream or to that effect last night. Made me realise as much as we recognise them they must us. I’d have a beer with any of them :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  40. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Yes Minister (as well as Yes Prime Minister), was a documentry. How many times have we seen a politician talk a lot without saying anything of note, or skillfully dodge a question, and think that they sound an awful lot like Sir Humphrey? Also, the way that people are given a job that they aren't suited for (such as the Minister for education, is a poorly educated dolt). Eerily accurate to real life politics. The only thing that makes it a work of fiction, is that Hacker wanted to be a good Minister (later Prime Minister).

41. solicitr

It wasn't a documentary?

42. krustynuggets

You are definitely probably right i haven't watched the program in years, but quite honestly looking at how politics is now it probably would seem like a sitcom, as politics in the UK is just a joke, and terrible crappy one's at that..........

43. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Yes Minister is a great example of how life mimics the art!

• Like Like x 1
  44. solicitr

Unfortunately, in Yes, Minister it was all rather funny and pretty harmless. To get closer to reality one needs to add the ruthless malevolence of House of Cards.

45. junior hornet

This is actually a real thing (or at least it was when I worked in the Civil Service). It’s called the Peter Principle which is where people are promoted to the level of their incompetence.

Basically, people are (or were) promoted dependent on how well they do their current job rather than how suited they would be to the new job. So they keep getting promoted until they are in a job or at a management level they suck at. People rarely got sacked or demoted. I reckon I’m probably a good example of this myself!

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2