Passenger Boarding Waiting Train

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ian1991, May 3, 2018.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Its good to see the devs have made it so that you keep the doors open whilst in the middle of a service if your early.....however passengers still spawn the platform and do not get on. Even if your the last train.

Also on GWE if your at paddington all trains sit with doors closed and if you open your own trains doors for the 25min wait.....again passengers do not board? I dont see why you only get the 30seconds time gap where people will board?

To be realistic.....be realistic, if the doors are open at london people will constantly board? If your sat waiting for a departure time you will always have doors opem amd have staggerers.

Litte small detail.to make it that much more realostic watching each train fill up (like in real life) rather than sit doors closed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It seems there is a barrier to how many people can board the train and regardless of how long the doors stay open, passengers do not board the train and will simply stand in the same position for the whole duration.

I don’t think the developers have quite got it right yet of when passengers spawn and how they interact with objects.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Probably the "passengers" are set to a random or predetermined path whether they are waiting at a non-stopping station, stopping station or stopped train. Given the simulation is about driving a train I imagine how the passengers may or may not react in any given situation is a low priority.

Unless they're waiting for the NEXT train at stations where divergent lines occur...

4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

I believe, when the passengers arrive at a station, they will have a destination and a time to arrive at that destination in mind. This may mean they will not board your train and instead may wait for the next one or even the one after that.

Also, I believe not all the seats can be occupied in the trains you're driving, as some need to be available for you to take over if you choose to ride along instead of driving. Reaching maximum occupancy of trains is certainly another factor that would prevent passengers from boarding.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Something else not quite "real life" LOL
    Certainly SouthEastern services on the North Kent lines are often overloaded and they don't stop people getting on at say Woolwich Arsenal or Greenwich

Obviously "realism" can only go so far in what is a computer simulation

6. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Well if i could get a train that doesnt reach maximum occupancy from london id be well pleased, and im still shocked that a train can sit.at a platform for 20mins with the doors shut......very realistic