More Layers For Br 363 And Br 204 (on Riesa - Dresden)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, May 4, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. I don't really care

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, many of you will be familiar with the BR 363 and BR 204 in game. Currently they only have services on the routes they are a loco add-on for (RSN and MSB respectively), however it would be fun to see more of them on future routes.

[​IMG]

Take for example the recently announces Riesa-Dresden. If Dresden-Friedrichstadt freight yard gets added (which it most likely will), the BR 363 and 204 could do a lot of shunting work there. The BR 204 also is capable of hauling light, local freight trains inbetween mostly non-electrified industrial sidings and the nearest freight yard. The Dresden-based ITL actually owns a number of 204's themselves (and also stores CapTrain, which ITL is a subsidiary of, V100s at their yard near Dresden, just outside of Pirna), as DTG don't have the ITL or CapTrain license as far as I know, the current DB 204s could substitute for any services that would normally be operated by ITL and/or CapTrain's V100s. The ITL/CapTrain yard at Pirna is actually included with my Dresden-Neustadt - Děčín suggestion. However, ITL/CapTrain V100's could also make a good DLC, though I think a new loco from these companies like the CapTrain Vectron or ITL BR 152 might be better.

Besides light freight services and freight services, shunting passenger stock is also possible.

It would be really fun to have the ability to operate services with the 363 and 204 on future routes like Riesa - Dresden, and it would increase the variety of trains you come across when operating other trains aswell, in addition to that, it would increase the value of these two loco add-ons, possibily even generating additional sales.

[​IMG]
    A DB BR 363 in Dresden (and a BR 345, it's East-German counterpart behind), april of 2018 (Source: Bahnbilder.de)

[​IMG]
    A CapTrain owned member of the V100 family, near Dresden. (Source: Bahnbilder.de)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  2. jolojonasgames

I corrected some of the details about ITL and CapTrain. I didn't know ITL was officialy a CapTrain subsidiary, but I've now corrected that info.

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Obviously having more route to use these locos on is a good thing. I have the 363 on my wishlist but being able to use it on only 1 route is a huge letdown (which is why I'm waiting for a good discount). It'd add value to the DLC (any loco DLC...) if it one could use it on multiple routes in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jolojonasgames

Yes, I own both of them and love them, however they really need to be on more routes to justify their price as they already don't have that much timetable services on their native routes (and no services on any mainlines at all, just shunting). Luckily Riesa - Dresden could be a perfect fit for both, as both are still active in the area.

• Like Like x 1
  5. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

I have looked at the track again on Openrailwaymaps is there numerous industrial plants probably even more than MSB

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and if you are wondering who actually owns Captain Germany it's actually the French SNCF Cargo Division. Therefore DTG can just add Captrain logo to the existing DB BR204 from Main Spessart Bahn if DTG's licensing agreement with the French national railways SNCF does cover Captrain and Eurobahn SNCF operating divisions in Germany. It's the same way your National Railway operator NS operates Abellio services on HRR & RRO. Even better is DB BR363 layering onto HMA and this one because passenger trains might need to have their carriages swapped. The interesting detail with DB BR363 is that it's based out of Utrecht yard instead of Hagen RSN HMA München Hbf/ Rbf Laim & Riesa-Dresden Rangierbahnhof Dresden-Friedrichstadt.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

Oui, Captrain is indeed owned by SNCF for the largest part, which might make licensing easier. Captrain would be a nice European freight operator to see, with the many V100, TRAXX (1, 2 and 3), Vectron and BR 152 loco's.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and also your Home Country the Netherlands to which they operate NS1600 family locomotives. Speaking of Riesa-Dresden the Czech Class 383 Vectron can layer here as a Berlin Bound services via Leipzig Rapid Transit DLC. One of the timetable Services might require shunting a Czech Class 388 Vectron layered from your suggestion Dresden-Decin Railway at Dresden-Friedrichstadt for a DB BR189 towards Netherlands using the DB BR204/363. Another Timetable service involves Shunting a DB BR101 at Dresden Hbf for a Czech Class 388 using either DB BR363/204. Since Dresden Hbf used to be a locomotive change over point for long distance services going to Austria via former Czechoslovakia.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

The Prague-Dresden Trains don't go over Leipzig, and they therefore only use a part of Riesa-Dresden, and stop only at Dresden and Dresden-Neustadt on that route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Wow, a passenger coach still in dark green, in 2018?

11. jolojonasgames

I'd guess it was from a historical train, there is no other info on it though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Image removed by DTG Natster - please be reminded that the forums are for users of all ages and any inappropriate images or language will be removed. Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2021
  13. jolojonasgames

What are you talking about?

Oh nvm, it wasn't my image that was removed. That confused me a bit.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I believe the Class 33 has a similar problem as the BR204 and BR363; it can only be used on 1 route.

I think in general it'd benefit the value of loco DLCs if they could be used on several routes. Even if it'd be a few railtour services. And in the case of the BR204 and BR363, I think every route has some kind of yard that would allow for a few shunting services? And, while I don't own the BR363 (yet), from this topic I understand that the BR204 and BR363 can't substitute each other either?

• Like Like x 1
  15. jolojonasgames

Nope, no substitution between them either, that would already be a good start. At the moment the 363 amd 204 are great loco's, whose potential is massively underutilised.

16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's a question I asked before, but never got answered; Who's job would it be to make substitution for these locos? BR363 made by DTG, BR204 made by Rivet. Who's 'responsible' to add any substitution possibilities*, or add layers for other routes, for current and future products, when third party products are involved?

TrainSim-Adam , as you're the perservation crew which focuses on making existing products even better, would you have the answer to this question? Would adding layers and substitution for and by* the BR204 be something your team would do, or is that something Rivet would need to do?

*both directions; something substituting the BR204, and the BR204 substituting another loco

• Like Like x 1
  17. jolojonasgames

Really curious too. Maybe they don't know themselves and that's why there's little layering, although that still wouldn't explain the 363 not being a layer where it can.

18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Please god yes!! The 363 is fantastic and i like the 204 as well. There must be a way to get them into more routes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jolojonasgames

Definetely in the Riesa - Dresden area where they can be seen a lot, but also on future routes. I really enjoy playing them, and seeing them while playing other locos.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I posted a meme that wasn't allowed apparently. My meme was in appreciation of your fantasy about a CapTrain Vectron. I would love that train too.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jolojonasgames

I have added these layers to my Riesa - Dresden wishlist. Go check it out and do comment if you have other things you'd like to see on Riesa - Dresden not yet included in the list.