Dovetail Live Account Cross Platform

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by speedbird6780, May 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes (PS4 to Xbox series)

9.1%
  2. Yes (Xbox one to PS5)

9.1%
  3. Yes, I transition to PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, I transition away from PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I stay on my platform when transitioning to next gen

81.8%
  6. But, I'm using PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. speedbird6780

speedbird6780 Member

My transition to next gen is gonna be from PS4 to Xbox Series X. So I've heard that it's hard to get your data cross gen to the same platform. But I transition across platform. I've seen that you can integrate your dovetail live account with your Xbox live and PSN account. (My PSN account has already been integrated). Is there a way through integrating your Xbox account and have some way to cross save?

Thanks.

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

If you move platform you have to buy everything again basically

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

When changing platform you lose all your routes and all your progress . You could upgrade to PS5 and keep everything . I’m not sure why people have said that stuff can move platform . It can’t

4. speedbird6780

speedbird6780 Member

I know that I have to buy everything again, but there is this relatively new call "cross saving" which saves your progress if you switch between platforms. You can integrate accounts and have a driver's logbook on your dovetail live account. (Not for your PSN)

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This only occurs when there are cloud storage options in-game. You cannot use a PlayStation save file on an Xbox. Games like Fortnite and, to a much lesser extent, GTA are able to have universal save files as they are stored on an account. In GTA, you used to be able to transfer Online characters cross-platform through the Rockstar Social Club, which would back up your character, which could then be imported to a new version of the game (although you wouldn't be able to play the game on both platforms interchangeably).

TSW does not support such an option, because there is no need for it. Don't get your hopes up for it to happen; it's not happening.

May I ask specifically why you are moving to the Xbox instead of the PS5? You'd save a lot of hassle (and money) by staying on PlayStation systems. Plus, you also get to play exclusive games. :D

6. speedbird6780

speedbird6780 Member

Two big reasons: Backwards compatibility and a more pro consumer stance on gaming. I don't care as much about exclusives. Plus I have a lot of Xbox 360 games. Many of these are accessible on the series X. Basically the PS2/OG Xbox gen and PS3/Xbox 360 gen games are becoming exclusives for the Xbox.

7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The first is a valid reason (the second is ironic), but I fear you're chasing games to play that really aren't that good anymore. There are standouts, but most of the truly good PS3/360-era games have been remastered. The rest are sort of... meh. Personally, if I wanted to play 360 games, I'd buy a 360, because you can play all of them, with no compatibility issues, and you can play original Xbox games that aren't on the Xbox One or Series S/X, like the masterpieces that are Burnout 3 and Test Drive Unlimited 2. Nostalgia plays a big part in the backwards compatibility debate, because while there certainly are great games from that era, most haven't aged well. Gran Turismo Sport is leaps and bounds above GT5 and GT6, but we still play GT5 and 6 because of nostalgia, not because they are good (they are actually pretty crap). Some older games are good, like Forza Motorsport 4 and Gran Turismo 4, but some games just aren't worth your time.

Before you jump to the Xbox, assess how many older games you genuinely want to play, because otherwise you'd have to rebuy all of your old games and DLC to play ancient, ugly and dated games that really aren't that good anymore. And also buy not buying a Series X, you'd not be giving money to Microsoft, which makes the world a happier and safer place. :D