Traxx Sound Comparison

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, May 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

MSB audio fixes have been missing from roadmap for pretty long time. Is it releasing in near future, far future? Or the worst scenario, it's released, but it didn't improve loco sounds. However, I want to explain the real problem of audio issues on DB BR 146.2. I don't know, is this necessary. In this video you can compare sounds of DB BR 146.2 and MRCE 185.5.

As you can hear, MRCE has much more realistic sounds than DB. The true reason why DB has bad sounds is that the traction motor sounds of 146 are amplified. Your comment may be "lower sound volume" but it doesn't help at all. DB BR 146.2 has unbalanced sounds, and its consequence is that the other sounds (wind noise, track sounds) are covered by too loud engine sound, which can feel like track sounds and wind noise don't exist. The fan sound (the sigh that you can hear on MRCE loco) exists also on 146, but you need to restart the loco, if you want to hear it. It can give some reprieve, but it will not solve the problem. Hopefully MSB audio fixes contains sound update for DB BR 146.2

• Like Like x 7
  2. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

The BR146 sounds absolutely atrocious but I wouldn't say that the BR185 sounds very good either (better of course but still not really realistic). Compare it to Virtual Railroads BR185 for TS20xx which has very good sounds quality. Or just compare it to a Youtube video of the real thing.

• Like Like x 8
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree to the point made here about the horrible sounds of all 3 TRAXX's. It has come to a point where I haven't driven anymore in these loco's since I can't bear the sounds. I have reported the sounds of the 3 TRAXX's and the BR 143 when Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Main-Spessart Bahn released as part of the Preserves Collection. Adam responded that he had taken note of this. However this is more than 6 months ago. I would also like to see a sort of update on this issue. I can't even think of a train ingame that sounds so bad like the 146 right now. It's sad, because it subs in on so many routes and I would really like to drive it again however its sounds hold me off.

• Like Like x 7
  4. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I wonder who owns the raw recordings from the VR BR185/BR145 etc, maybe it would be worthwhile for DTG to buy/license it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

It was said in the last roadmap stream that Rapid Transit, LiRR and I believe MSB passed the QA and Beta tests. Rapid Transit Update comes next week and LIRR possibly next week or the week after that. MSB after that

6. goupil74

goupil74 Member

Agree. This important problem which seriously affect gameplay has not been taken at serious and frequently denounced. It is important to be prior investigate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

That's me. But there is no way yet to spend the audio to the locos. I already did some (not yet released) improvements to a 146, two 185s and two 143s in the game. But i used what was there (with some tiny additions). And no, i have no idea when this gets released and if they get ported to all of the locos. Don't ask, just wait.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  8. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

They should fix the sounds before releasing Bahnstrecke Riesa-Dresden, where 146 will be included as reused loco.

• Like Like x 6
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The 143 are also broken as hell.
    It need to be fixed all shortly.

• Like Like x 5
  10. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Riesa-Dresden will come with BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2 and BR 185.5. The "new" SKA 442 does have great sounds, but indeed all the trains in this DLC will be "recycled". The other 3 reused trains that will come with Riesa-Dresden have terrible sounds right now, which would be wrong to include again in a release that is getting hyped up so much already. So I hope too that DTG will be able to fix the sounds of those loco's before Rush Hour releases.

TrainSim-Adam , if you have some spare time, could you give us a insight at what's happening in the Preservation Crew team about the sounds of these loco's?

• Like Like x 3
  11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The audio for these locos has been fixed on the preserved collection versions - these have been ported over for development for the Riesa-Dresden route, coming with Rush Hour's announce.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But the 112 has the same crappy sound as the broken 143 on Hamburg Lübeck.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So when the sound on all the locos is fixed now I hope you can release them soon as the broken sound is a reason for me and many others to don't play with those locos at all. We might have to wait for the MSB upgrade for the 146 but I guess RSN will take a while. Could you please release the fixes for the RSN locos as soon as possible? I don't want to wait another few months for already fixed things.

• Like Like x 5
  14. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

DB628

You lie. If you had heard correctly on the livestream, you would have noticed that the sound is not broken. The sound was a bit quieter in the TSW, but it sounded like this:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I don't see anyone mentioning the br 155. I hope it doesn't get forgotten as its sounds are just as broken as on all the other locos.

• Like Like x 4
  16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

And who fixed the silence and Looping Sound on Rivets 204?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The 155 needs quite some fixes. PZB doesn't work fine when going in one of the directions (it seems one of the cabs has some nasty bugs).

18. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Well for that you have to annoy Rivet. That's not DTG's Responsibility. But I would guess it won't ever get fixed.

19. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  20. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

I can't vouch for how authentic they are, but just tried the 185 and it sounds way better / less annoying!

Great share - thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Tried 146.2. Much much better now. Thank You \o/

• Like Like x 1
  22. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

lol, even the BR182's (ES64U2) sound isn't close to the real life. Every note the inverter makes are quicker (shorter) than in the game and the sound by itself is a bit different.
    Just compare in game and this.

More here

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1