Class 150/1 Scenarios

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cyclone, May 5, 2021.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Someone within DTG made a clearly pea-brained decision during the development of South Wales Main Line, the replacement to South Wales Coastal. This is what it's regarding. Notice that both links to South Wales Coastal go to stub 444181, the old version of South Wales Coastal with branded trains. They do not link to stub 1429572 (yes, that's one million), which is the new South Wales Main Line version.

Now, I'm sure some of us with the original route could easily go in and take a look at the scenarios, the trains involved, the cars, the directions for everyone including AI...and literally recreate it from scratch. But I'm going to be frank: this is something DTG should already be doing. DTG is still selling three scenarios that no one can drive. On top of that, the 150/1 itself is being used as a requirement for an Armstrong Powerhouse Enhancement Pack. The package is therefore nothing more than a $20 USD supplant to a further payware package to make improvements that DTG itself failed to do. It's basically worthless if not for that. May as well just sell the rights to AP and they make a full pack out of it, eh?

DTG needs to update the three scenarios in the package, which are
    • 2U06 -0737 Weston-super-Mare to Cardiff Central
    • 2C85 – 1700 Cardiff Central to Taunton
    • 1F30 – 1723 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
    This should of course be a free update to everyone. Perhaps the alternate versions can be added on top of the others, meaning that those with the branded route (hand is raised) can continue to use that route and the paid-for content back then is not lost. But the point remains: that is a train package that currently has no scenarios for some, and is not good by itself without a further payware pack. It's a complete joke that it's still not fixed. And with both versions of the 150/2 removed - one to prepare for a new Arriva version, and that Arriva one later due to the Arriva license being lost with no return of the original since - it's a travesty that this is the only one we have on Steam.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I agree.
    Something needs to be done for loco add-ons that have scenarios in now defunct or re-released routes.
    I basically wasted £7.99 on a product I can only use in freedrive (with no AI traffic unless a different route is selected) because it is not clear on the DTG store page (where I purchased it from) that the scenarios cannot be used as the original route doesn't exist unless you already had it before it was rebranded and rereleased.

3. Cyclone

Precisely. Armstrong Powerhouse has done this on all of their train packs, utilizing new versions on the unbranded routes. DTG absolutely needs to do the same. They are literally proving to be worse at this than a third-party company is.

4. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Just expressing my disappointment. They should update the DLC to use the new version of the South Wales Coastal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyclone

At the same time, having the branded route, I still want the originals too. So both versions with proper titles changed for the branded ones.