Train Sim World: Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

That's interesting. Does this go for the routes that came with TSW2? There are couple I'd like to remove to save space.

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Those are the routes that came with TSW2.

3. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

My first reaction to this announcement was pretty positive. There is really not much to make a fuss about or anything really negative. I think this is a great step for the future of TSW 2 and the TSW franchise. (especially the Unreal Engine update)

My most anticipated route is obviously the NEC: Boston-Providence route. I am interested in the MBTA F40PH-3C and the Comet coaches and cabcars. Maybe even the return of the Ex-Metroliner cab car. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    It's not bad of a route choice, I just hope it will be busy as DTG stated in their announcement page. We have been lacking routes with busy services in TSW for a long while. The most recent German routes actually feel busy but most of them are short routes. I think the passengers were well needed of a overhaul, but also other factors like sounds, broken liveries, improved scenario designer and more quality of life etc.

NEC: Boston-Providence has a huge number of potential for add-ons like the Acela Express (although it would be a quick service).

I know I was mostly biased towards the NEC route (I am American if you can't tell). But the other routes look amazing especially the new German route where we can potentially use all or most of the previous DLCs in 1 route. Freight, commuter, inter-city express and frequent stopper services offers huge variety. Same goes for the Victoria-Brighton route which is sort of a revive of the original route that was made 8 years ago on TS classic.

Overall it's mostly positive, I have no complaints. I have questions and some optimism. But $29.99 for 3 routes is a steal. Great job for the pricing DTG.

Only time will tell

• Like Like x 5
  4. dhekelian

LOL, I just noticed that. Is it safe to remove the ones you don't use do you think?

5. solicitr

Shouldn't be an issue, although if you delete them you'll also be deleting all the rolling stock that came with them, so they will no longer appear in other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dhekelian

Thanks

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure they don't run on this part of the NEC.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I think we need further clarification on the next gen versions. Are these actual going to be a PS4 title running a different seperate config file to allow better quality settings or a seperate entity completely that has to install on the SSD.

The reason I ask is because when they were talking on the stream last night they were talking about the use of memory stick to transfer the save files. This kinda points to actually a jazzed up PS4 version of the game just running a different configuration.

The PS5 has seperate storage locations for PS5, PS4 savegames, so you cant just copy a PS4 save to the PS5 savegame location. Most games with seperate PS4, PS5 versions actually have an ingame function to tranfer saves between versions (Spiderman, Valhalla etc). So I would expect we will need the same for TSW2, otherwise its start from scratch (such as Wreckfest)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I will be most interested on how DTG implements ACSES, the Amtrak version of PTCS.

• Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

Hopefully better than they did in the original NEC.......

• Like Like x 1
  11. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Not quite - I've checked on my Xbox and I have TSW2 listed as the Base Game and 16 DLCs including those I'd purchased as the TSW2020 Collectors Edition. However SPG, SKA and Bakerloo aren't listed so I assume they are incorporated in the Base Game?

For reference the process I went through was:
    1) My games & apps>Games
    2) Select TSW2 and press Manage game
    3) Press Menu button which brings up a list of Game and add-ons (which can be selected and deselected to Install or Uninstall)

12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

As for the concerns about the loop (by which I assume the avoiding lines) around Redhill, the lines pass over each other a few times, so sections will need to be model, so I doubt they won't make it accessible.

13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

We all hope that we get plenty of access to Victoria , DTG please make this happen :).

• Like Like x 3
  14. Doomotron

While I'd love to see the beautiful Southeastern side in TSW (better than Southern's 'concrete chic' side by miles), I suspect they'll just put an invisible wall between the sections...

• Like Like x 3
  15. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Having an ICE layer is vital to gameplay on German routes. Having no ICE service at all is a far more egregious prototype error than having ICE 3 instead of ICE T.

I would love to see ICE T (sweet, please) come to TSW2, but let’s not get so caught up in being true to prototypical rolling stock that we make entire routes unprototypical.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  16. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I have another question that I don't believe I've asked. What layers will be available on each route? For Boston, CSX content could be used. For London-Brighton, GWR services could be added, at least driven by the AI if we can't drive them. And for the German route, I'm seeing that the ICE could be used potentially, and in my opinion it would be better to have the wrong ICE than no ICE at all.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification but maybe sneak a few services in. They can be express services. I think the Ex-Metroliner cab car can be used here just for a few services.

18. solicitr

I doubt DTG would model a whole new loco just for a couple of services (especially since the purist would shriek about realism).

19. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

All of you complaining about NEC: what other amtrak locos run on the route besides the ACS 64 other than the Acela? Although why they cut the Acela out of it is beyond me, other than it even if there are others locos, the ACS 64 IS the most common loco on the route by far. and DTG usually uses the most common locos and rolling stock on a route, right? as for the F40ph-3, thats also the main engine used by MBTA, unless I'm reading the loco roster wrong.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jeremydunn8

I'm pretty sure they cut the Acela so they could charge us an extra $20 for it, which was a smart move because I'll happily pay.

• Like Like x 5
  21. blaze111csx

yeah same... although it might have something to do with the new Acela still being tested as well... also they don't have any info on the Acela, and they can't just waltz over to the US and do their super-investigation thingy, there's a pandemic. not to say they can't find a way, it'll just take more effort than it's worth. I also get the feeling DTG is on a tight schedule that doesn't really fit the situation.

22. jeremydunn8

Well, somehow they’re getting info for the MBTA content so it’s clearly possible. Hopefully they release an Acela pack with both the new and the old ones.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Yeah, I'd say this would be similar to St Pancras and how you can only access the SE platforms. I'll be happy if they just model/let us go past the barriers in the Southern section and model the Gatwick Express area.

• Like Like x 1
  24. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

More routes by the future, like subways in NYC, Chicago, Philly, Boston, London or elsewhere. Another commuter rail including LIRR, Metro-north, NJ transit or anywhere else.

25. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

- you could just write normal like everyone else
    - you could write whole sentences
    - you should put this in the suggestions section

• Like Like x 13
  26. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Well, some people (like me) see it a bit different.

Adding the (wrong) ICE 3M to Leipzig Riesa to have at least a layer is for sure a good thing on the first look.
    But if you take a second one, you might notice, that ICE 3M and ICE-T differ by a lot of things, including by trainlength.
    And we know that different lengths make a later substitution IMPOSSIBLE .
    So getting the ICE 3M to run these services now, will make it impossible to add the right train later.... and that is where some people see a problem.

And somehow funny, how many threads appeared saying:"DTG is always reusing trains.", but as soon as a chance for later new (and right) trains appears, people want it to be layered with "just any" and destroy these chances.

• Like Like x 6
  27. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The funniest thing about this is, at least to me, that an ICE T was never mentioned to come to begin with, but everyone is acting like it will certainly come anyway. Well what if not? Then we just lose additional services altogether.
    And if we argue "some point in the future", well until then they might as well find a solution for substitution problems.
    I just think that if they already had the ice T on their mind, though would have been aware of substitution issues before we even had the idea ourselves.
    So either they have no solution and will not make a T anyway, or they have a plan on how to get it working.
    Or, third option, we don't get ice layers at all and they keep it clear for a dlc anyway. Didn't Matt say on the roadmap stream that against what can be seen in the description on steam, Fernverkehr (ICE/IC) was not completely agreed on anyway?

Personally, seeing that DTG are willing to spice up the service mode for free with layers, heck-let's have them.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  28. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They did have access to an Acela, back in about 2017 or so.

29. solicitr

That isn't entirely accurate. It's effectively impossible to replace a shorter train with a longer one, but an ICE 3 is longer than an ICE-T (200m vs 185)

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

Exactly. It isn't a choice between "ICE 3 or ICE-T." It's a choice between "ICE or no ICE."

• Like Like x 7
  31. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Ooh this looks really cool! Hope we get the mixed sets where MBTA seems to throw on whatever passenger stock they have on Boston-Providence.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It's only the single level equipment.

33. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

That may be correct, but these routes are not even in the steam DLC list, so I cannot uninstall them individually.There definitely is room for improvement here.

34. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I would rather DTG bring the Northeast Corridor of TSW2020 to Simulated Train World 2 to increase the length of the route on the basis of the original reason.

35. solicitr

Simply delete the .pak files from your PC

36. solicitr

?

If what you mean is to combine the old route with the Boston-Providence line, they're 180 miles apart. It would be rather like joining Cathcart Circle up to Bakerloo.

• Like Like x 1
  37. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

It is only 49 miles from Boston to Providence, which is too short for the entire Northeast Corridor. In fact, I think the best route is from Boston to New York.

38. aaron1807

aaron1807 Member

But they're not making the full Northeast Corridor, DTG typically will pick a section of a larger route. 49 miles is still a fairly long route by TSW 2 standards

39. solicitr

DTG are not going to make a 250 mile route.

• Like Like x 4
  40. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s almost 80 kilometer in Germany.
    It’s more as the old NEC currently.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Coastway trainspotter

I think that is the kind of route length DTG are aiming to develop at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  42. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

It is probably relatively safe to assume this DLC will be released in August. On the roadmap stream they said Rush Hour is still “several months” away, so we can likely rule out June and July. September would be autumn, and thereby beyond “this summer”.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Coastway trainspotter

12th or 19th of august I’d expect

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. solicitr

According to the Rules, autumn doesn't begin until Sept. 21

• Like Like x 2
  45. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Actually, meteorological fall begins September 1.:)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  46. Doomotron

Gatwick to Redhill would probably be a bit too short for DTG to seriously consider adding, especially as a playable service. I'd certainly like to see it, but not as much as I'd like a 377/6 or having Class 375s and 465s at London Victoria.

• Like Like x 2
  47. solicitr

Not here. But then, we're about 14 degrees south of Chatham's latitude.

48. blaze111csx

4 years...

49. jeremydunn8

You’re probably right, but hopefully AI can drive it for those who own GWE. Would definitely add to the “rush hour” feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

?
    It's the same date everywhere in the world.