New Community Challenge

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stijn.claessens, May 6, 2021.

1. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

So we have the new community challenge where we will get a preview of the most played country in rush hour. But we recently had the BR 101 and Hamburg- Lubeck is coming soon. Surely Germany has a massive advantage?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I think the US has the short end of the stick on this one. It has the least number of routes, and most of the services and scenarios are much longer than their German and UK brethren. Meaning you can complete multiple UK and German services/scenarios in the same time frame as some of the US scenario/service.

• Like Like x 12
  3. upstatenyrailfan

upstatenyrailfan Member

Couldn't agree more with this statement! hopefully DTG will notice :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Diddums

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah this whole thing didn’t get thought out very well, the US has the least content combined with the longest services, Germany is hot on the DLC schedule right now too.

Not to sound like a but do we really need a German preview? I think we all know what to expect at this point.

The BML is pretty well known and I suspect most people know what we’re getting into with that too, but it would be nice to see, however even as a primary British fan, I’d love to see the turn arounds at Boston with NEC, and the improved ACS-64 along with a look at the MBTA section.

Edited by DTG Natster - removed inappropriate language, please reacquaint yourself with the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I don't even get the point of this challenge. When the TSW2 routes (SKA, BLL, SPG) were getting their article around this time a year ago, they did this without asking the community to complete services for the associated countries. Why don't they choose which route to showcase randomly like back then?

• Like Like x 1
  7. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

we will get all the articles, so I don't really care about the order we see them.

8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Whatever comes first, comes first. We’ll see every route eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

This is just a way to have some community fun. They will release a preview for each of the routes anyway.

TBH, I like all the routes selected for RH but Boston - Providence is the one I would like to see first.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I'm confused. I got tired of having to keep entering my details in game so I clicked the do not prompt me to log in, so does this mean the services i do wont count or will they update when I log in on the website

11. upstatenyrailfan

upstatenyrailfan Member

Yeah afaik they will not count.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I get it now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

A bit late to the party but I didn't even know this challenge existed until Matt & Sam mentioned something about Germany winning on a stream....I had no idea what they were talking about. AFAIK these do not get officially posted on the forum at all...only as a DTG live article ?

Is it possible to post these community challenges on the forums (possibly in the 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' section) as well or create a Community section to put them in ?

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It would have been fairer had they gone with miles driven rather than services completed. But even that doesn't balance the release of two German DLCs in quick succession

• Like Like x 3
  15. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Blimey we do whine. Why not take it as an opportune moment to enjoy the game for a bit rather than discussing errors or disadvantages. I think we’re all in a position potentially to find our love for the game again after recent happenings, me included.

They’ve held their hands up things need to get better last night and I’m sure works tough enough for them at the moment without pulling a “community challenge” to bits.

I best start banging out some Brighton freight and passenger services to do my part

• Like Like x 2
  16. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I've been playing some US routes to try to help that specific challenge along. It would be neat to get the two remaining countries to 60k/60k in the remaining five days to go.

If you're still driving German routes, please consider helping out either the UK or US, whichever you'd want to see come in second. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

After feeling a bit despondent for a while, not as much as most probably, I bought myself some new DLC. I’m happier because I’m spending more time playing than I am on the forum. It’s funny how that always happens. There is nothing that can upset me at the moment as I whizz through some lovely scenery (I thought everyone said it was really bad) in France in the fantastic (but needs more headsway) TGV, do the challenging Greenbriar Turn in the loveliest lush greenery of the excellent CRR, in a beautifully old sounding F7 ABBA formation, or feeling the satisfaction of driving the wonderful 423 in the (sadly not so populated PS4 version of) HMA. Some satisfaction gained from even the PS4’s most broken route, and three excellent purchasing choices by my good self. I’m losing myself in the sometimes bewildering awesomeness of the great aspects of TSW while everybody else spirals down into the doom and gloom of the apocalyptic (end of production cycle) rough period by concentrating almost exclusively on what’s bad, of which there is plenty, don’t get me wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  18. chieflongshin

Is there anyway we can see who is running away with it at the moment?

19. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

20. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

And the winning article is: Building Riesa Dresden
    (definitely felt like it was rigged from the very beginning)

• Like Like x 2
  21. chieflongshin

“Joe: What the new generation consoles do allow us to do is it takes the upper limit bar away from us so we can allow for a lot more traffic. Trains can be queued up at signals without performance issues. In the past we have had to be very aware of memory limitations, with the new generation we should hopefully be able to add more. We don’t know the current memory limit for PC users, but it should be somewhere similar to the next generation console”

anyone else read this that the potatoes may hold us back? Please feel welcome to use my 32gb. It also suggests that the 1975 released Xbox and 1981 version of the playstations days may be numbered

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  22. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Of course it was rigged. The one you wanted didn't win. Therefore rigged.

23. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Felt the same way, Germany definitely had an advantage

• Like Like x 2
  24. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

lol.. Gotta agree. Its more fun driving the ICE vs HST or the 395.

25. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Thankfully I don't get this too often but wish there was a 'remember me' box so we didn't have to type it in every time it doesn't log you in. That would be useful IMHO.

26. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Certainly. I have a sort-of workaround whereby I have programmed a macro to one of my keyboard's available buttons, allowing me to quickly press it and it will automatically fill in the boxes and sign in for me. It makes it less annoying, but it would be nice if DTL weren't so amnesiac.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2