Rush Hour Rolling Stock, Dtgs Strategy And My Opinion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jo_Kim, May 4, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The roadmap has been looking thin on new routes because the decision was taken not to put forthcoming routes on the roadmap until X weeks before planned release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I'm just praying they get the nec atc right cause what a hot mess that was on tsw 2020

• Like Like x 5
  3. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

Looking at the hours of entertainment I expect I will get out of this pack for a very modest £25, all I can say is I wish every other aspect of life was this cheap!

• Like Like x 7
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

HBL I get the complaints about, but are we really going to pull DTG up on this? We’re getting 3 routes for the price of 1 and people are still upset because the CORRECT rolling stock has been used before?

I’m a little underwhelmed at the fact that we’re getting another electrostar so soon, but BML is posted in suggestions on an almost daily basis, the same community that asks for a route so much can’t then criticise DTG because they put it in with correct stock.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Covid is not on its way out and to think like that is dangerous. I’ll not go into why that is on a train sim forum. Although final decisions may have only been fixed in March that isn’t when they started thinking of these things. The pandemic isn’t the only factor but it will be a limiting factor for the way things are normally done and in some decisions that have to be made. Currently, DTG are still remote working, which shows how seriously the company take the health and safety of their employees. If Covid was on its way out they would all be back in the office. Covid very much interferes with research for UK routes because a great deal of interaction between DTG and the TOC’s will be limited to what can be done remotely. They won’t be allowed to record sounds from the trains or take cab rides and such, not with the responsibilities for the health and safety of everyone concerned from both DTG and the TOC’s. It’s not as simple as just wearing a face mask.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Our office is still closed and will be until at least July. I miss it very much. I hate working from home.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And with Boston South Station effectively a terminus station, they have to include a cab car for return journeys

• Like Like x 1
  8. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

The protagonists of the Roadmap stream today did not seem too concerned about the leak of Rush hour over the weekend, on the contrary, they found it beneficial actually. I can understand why they weren't concerned, it wasn't too far away from the release date and it wasn't containing confidential information anyway.

You guys most likely know the British streamer Squirrel. One weekend, he decided to give TSW 2 another try and he criticized the game non-stop, pointing out bugs, lacking elements such as announcements, terrible sky, the map, and many others. Totally based on what the games has and lacks, in my opinion.
    All of a sudden, Matt goes live "unplanned" to defend what Squirrel was bashing.

I believe that information about Rush hour was released early to draw attention away from the negative feedback coming in on multiple channels about Hamburg - Lübeck.

Coincidences are a rare occurrence in the world of business and money.

We'll see how their strategy plays out. Things are looking bright with competition coming in at the end of this year and hopefully a year from now we will know better what product suits our needs best.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

here is the 146.5 69D1BBC8-75B2-4520-8401-C277E869A73B.jpeg 62A35E54-7557-4616-ABFE-6F15F549DAD0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Having a lot of recruitment contacts and thinking of my own role I think the Uk market will change a lot. I’m in a company with over 400 roles made permanently home based. I think this will trend. Since I’ve worked from home TSW and sand patch is a screensaver to me

11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I think it was coming anyway. Covid just made it happen faster.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I think it was the inverse in our company, we were pushing for more co-locating teams and building a culture around that. Then the pandemic hit and we are now focused on distributed teams and co-locating maybe a few days a year. Its insane when you think about the switch.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

Or if they make the Frankfurt U Bahn, Berlin S-Bahn, Berlin U-Bahn, Hamburg S-Bahn. They have trains that were never in tsw and are all different from the ones in game

14. tallboy7648

The sky isn't the best compared to other ue4 games. There are still no announcements and the game does have clear as day bugs that haven't been resolved in Months. If this was a different game developer, the backlash would be much worse. Look what happened to Cyberpunk 2077s release and it's backlash. It even got removed from the PS Store for a period of time.

The leak about rush hour was not intended but I guess it did distract from the criticisms from HBL. The only one that cause criticisms for dtg is dtg themselves

• Like Like x 4
  15. solicitr

Or do a non-electrified line with diesels. Or even a vintage German route, "German players only want modern" be da**ed.

• Like Like x 6
  16. mariussoare_84

I don't know, it's my opinion, of course. Seeing that episode with Squirrel and Matt makes me think they won't feel afraid to do it if they gain from it, you know what I mean?

What is this: On one side during last night's preview stream Natalie was kindly saying that they've clearly heard the community regarding the decision to include the wrong Dostos on Hamburg - Lubeck and on the other side the "leak" two days ahead of the official announcement of the Rush hour pack to draw attention from the negative talks.

What does a person/entity do after acknowledging something for real?
    It lets its community/customers know that and at least bother to re/assure them it won't happen again since they value the community.

While we heard (only) Natalie saying "we've heard you", no one else bothered to acknowledge it, and even more important there was no commitment for the future nor a common sense apology for building something against what they claim the product to be.

This is how one loses faith and fuels theories.

• Like Like x 3
  17. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

The awkward moment of silence and then Matt randomly starting to talk about PIS said enough.

• Like Like x 5
  18. mariussoare_84

The color pink deserves and gets more attention than the community.

We all make mistakes, I hope they learn from this. Deep down inside me, I doubt this is the case with them...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Sam addressed this in the previous stream too, saying the same. So yeah, they are all letting us know they know we are not happy about it.

Maybe they should:
    1. Post it in the forums so anyone can read it, even those that do not have the time to watch a full stream.
    2. Make route previews maybe 2 - 3 weeks before what they are doing now, so if the community feels something should be changed there is still time to do it. I know they probably can't make a new Dostos in that time, but at least they probably could have fixed the light.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

True. I would love to use the DB BR 641

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

Well hopefully since they learned from the feedback, they won't do the same nonsense again. I am suprised though with the countless threads on this that dtg hasn't responded to any of them but at least they responded in a stream

• Like Like x 1
  22. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I would love to have that one. Does it run on any route we already got IRL?

• Like Like x 1
  23. tallboy7648

It does run on the non electrified MSB part where the 204 goes too and those stations. I think it also runs on ska although I can be wrong

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If it runs on SKA it would be great to have it as DLC there. Guess the part of MSB where it does run is too short to sell it as an add-on for that isn't it?

25. solicitr

Wasn't a problem for the 204.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

I believe though that the 641 only runs on a small portion of ska and not the full line. Again I can be wrong